Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: New Providers - 08/02 (Mega-Event#1)

Comments

• Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rua'fo and both Daxs are strong, but Female Founder is weak :(
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't expect Alt Future Dax to have such high base science. I will be finishing in the top 1k for a copy.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Rua'fo and both Daxs are strong, but Female Founder is weak :(

But she'll be useful for the next three events and then we'll all throw her in the freezer. All-in-all, an outstanding event lineup.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Two outstanding, highly-desirable legendaries. Wow. I know I will use a citation on Ru'afo. The question is how many chrons I'm willing to kiss goodbye in order to land the new Jadzia. Even with one star, she'd be among my top science crew, beating out Honey Bare (sad to say).

It took me about 500 or so. She had one 5* that needed like 32 basic science experiments ... It went straight to the replicator :). I was short a bunch of 2* science experiments to build the 4* ones, so they got replicated too. Overall wasn't terrible.

[edit]
    And she's my #2 base sci at 1/5, behind Surak.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two outstanding, highly-desirable legendaries. Wow. I know I will use a citation on Ru'afo. The question is how many chrons I'm willing to kiss goodbye in order to land the new Jadzia. Even with one star, she'd be among my top science crew, beating out Honey Bare (sad to say).

I wish I could justify the chroniton sink to go for her. But this is a Galaxy and there are just too many other things I could be doing with those chrons. I'll go hard enough to secure myself Tourist Dax, but that's it.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    NivenFres wrote: »

It took me about 500 or so. She had one 5* that needed like 32 basic science experiments ... It went straight to the replicator :). I was short a bunch of 2* science experiments to build the 4* ones, so they got replicated too. Overall wasn't terrible.

[edit]

Thanks, Niven. I actually meant to imply that I wasn't planning to pay for her, and so how many chrons would I have to run through during the weekend to place in the top 1000 and win a copy of her. As I think about how popular Jadzia usually is, and then add in that this is the first of a mega event and that her stats are really high, I'm thinking it might take 6k chrons or more to place in the top 1000. Not sure that's worth it. I haven't bought a legendary crew member since Mirror Crusher; maybe this one will be worth it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    if she was young it'd be 10,000+ required for me. As it is (thankfully) probably the usual 7000. I'm in.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

[edit]

Thanks, Niven. I actually meant to imply that I wasn't planning to pay for her, and so how many chrons would I have to run through during the weekend to place in the top 1000 and win a copy of her. As I think about how popular Jadzia usually is, and then add in that this is the first of a mega event and that her stats are really high, I'm thinking it might take 6k chrons or more to place in the top 1000. Not sure that's worth it. I haven't bought a legendary crew member since Mirror Crusher; maybe this one will be worth it.

Well you know, it helps if I didn't skip a few words in there :) Since I had just finished equipping her, all I was thinking was how many chrons I spent to level her.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Final Pack Pull Breakdown

12 Seskas
    2 Founders
    1 Jadzia

+ final star for Doctor Chapel (whoop-tee-doo)
    + third star on Temporal Prisoner Chakotay
    + first star on Musketeer La Forge

So long 9,750 dilithium... It was nice knowing you!

Epilogue: I hoard my monthly card dilithium specifically for Jadzia, Tilly, or Ben Sisko events!
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭

I am guessing the cost would be around 10000 chronitons to get in top 1000 but just educated guess at this point. 3 mega events that will require chronitons at some point
  • Options
    (is it Carslberg, you know, if Carlsberg did holidays, or something. Been so long since I watched normal British tv with actual adverts)

Probably...
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    3* Tourist Jadzia Dax should have her Gambler, Exobiology, Astrophysicist, & Pilot traits yes? Putting on a bathing suit doesn't stop her from being these things. :) (Exobiology for Princess Jadzia too please)
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Ru’Afo might actually get a citation from me, ENG is so rare and sought after. Too many of the good ENG crew I have are 5 stars with only one or two stars.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened one pack so far and got Jadzia so I’m happy, she’s a SCI beast at 1/5. I should have enough between my monthly card and the achievement for 150 immortalized I’m about to hit to get two or three more packs so maybe RNG luck shall shine upon me.
  • Options
    Ru’Afo might actually get a citation from me, ENG is so rare and sought after. Too many of the good ENG crew I have are 5 stars with only one or two stars.

Amen to that... I saved up enough honor (350k!) to FF Romulan Data and Leonardo just so Lal and Niners Rom wouldn't be my top Engineers anymore!!!
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    My top engineer is Dress Uniform Scotty with one star. His base sits at 964 with bonuses. Its all downhill from there
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    My top engineer is Dress Uniform Scotty with one star. His base sits at 964 with bonuses. Its all downhill from there

Scotty is my second best, below immortal Assimilated Laforge.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has a bunch of 4/4s as their top ENG (Lal, Romulan Seska aka T'Rul, Mayweather and Kazon Seska), let me say THANK YOU DB for a mega-ENG!!

Not only will Ruafo be super helpful all month, he may also let me put Kazon Seska in the freezer where she belongs...and a new massive SCI in Jadzia on top of that means this certainly looks like the kind of event i've been hoarding chrons for!
  • Options
    Dax and Seska look great and I like the Founder’s face but her body looks terrible. Rather than flaking off parts, it looks more like bits of carpet added over her surface instead of part of it.

I’m quoting myself because I went back and did some comparisons between all the other Daxes and this new one. She still looks decent, a lot like the way she did in that episode, but compared to all but Anime Klingon Dax she’s nowhere near as gorgeously drawn as the others. I really think this mostly has to do with her jaw line. For some reason, the artist has given her a distinctly square jaw, while normally she has a more rounded, slight jaw, with a pleasantly pointed chin.

It certainly seems like an artist change for sure; that, or he/she was drunk. Again, I don’t think it’s overly bad. It’s just not as good as the other Jadzias, and that’s frankly a real shame. DB, take some of the money idiots like me are shelling out to get just a single copy of ANY Jadzia Dax and hire a better artist. Ok, that didn’t sound so harsh in my head, so sorry about that.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options

12 Seskas
    2 Founders
    1 Jadzia

Epilogue: I hoard my monthly card dilithium specifically for Jadzia, Tilly, or Ben Sisko events!

I don't want to make you jealous but I got so lucky on seven pulls. Here is my breakdown:
    1 Seska
    2 Founders
    4 Jazdias

A few 'meh' beholds for four stars that I either had FF or didn't want. Otherwise, incredibly happy.

And like you, I hoard my monthly dilithium for Jadzias or anything cool DS9 related.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    What a hideous looking crew!! I want no part of any of them. May I be the first to call her Grandma Dax

The artwork on Jadzia is especially disappointing. And it's not the old-age makeup... as I mentioned to my fleetmates earlier today, it looks like they took some artwork that was "in-progress" and just said, "No, don't bother doing anything more to it. It's good enough!"

Here's a mockup I made that compares the art to actual shots of these characters. The only image of Dax that I could track down wasn't as high-res as I would've preferred, but I think this still makes it painfully obvious how much better Seska's artwork is compared to the others.

z9ositen29cj.jpg

Awesome bringing these details to light. I agree with the rest of the community. The artwork looks hideous especially the founder flounder. Guess DB is trying to save $$$ on hiring substandard artist. Really!
  • Options
    hvwp9g44zia2.png

The traits are unhelpful, maybe the resourceful. But if you look at traits for eng nodes in the game it is mostly "jury rigger" or "innovator". DB just gave into the community complaints about no high level engineering.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    hvwp9g44zia2.png

The traits are unhelpful, maybe the resourceful. But if you look at traits for eng nodes in the game it is mostly "jury rigger" or "innovator". DB just gave into the community complaints about no high level engineering.

Well, however much engineering he did, he did not innovate: he stole; and he didn't jurry rig.
  • Options

12 Seskas
    2 Founders
    1 Jadzia

ROTFLMAO, ROTFLMAO, 😂😂😂 so much more you could do with that dilithium, Like dabo spins! 😂😂
  • Options
    hvwp9g44zia2.png

Well, however much engineering he did, he did not innovate: he stole; and he didn't jurry rig.

True, for sure, like I stated before, DB caving into the demand for high engineering. He didn't engineer Jack **tsk tsk**! Just tried to kick his family off the planet w/ Starfleets help.
    BTW, a couple of things Davide. I got a line on that "farming" spreedsheet. Would you like a copy of the link?
    Do you live in Arizona? Your avatar is full of cacti. I would say Tucson. I live in Bullhead.😉
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen, this isn't about your specific crew collection. This is about the fact that we've had SEVEN of these mega-events already and not a single mega-character has had a DIPLOMACY primary stat. Yes, we haven't had ENGINEERING either, but come on, Ru'afo isn't going to be that guy.

wgv61jvp087s.gif

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    hvwp9g44zia2.png

I would argue he should have "Tactician" for sure since he carefully planned out the whole Federation manipulation and the use of holographic environments to secretly abduct the Ba'ku. "Desperate" because he was desperate to harvest the metaphasic particles of the Ba'ku planet. And maybe some kind of engineer-related trait. Not "Jury Rigger" or "Innovator", but perhaps "Particle Physicist" since that's what the device he helped engineer does and he has strong knowledge of it in order to use/make it.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.