Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: New Providers - 08/02 (Mega-Event#1)

Comments

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    The traits are unhelpful, maybe the resourceful. But if you look at traits for eng nodes in the game it is mostly "jury rigger" or "innovator". DB just gave into the community complaints about no high level engineering.
    Those Rigger and Innovator nodes are passable by 4*. Demand is first and foremost for Voyage ENG.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen, this isn't about your specific crew collection. This is about the fact that we've had SEVEN of these mega-events already and not a single mega-character has had a DIPLOMACY primary stat. Yes, we haven't had ENGINEERING either, but come on, Ru'afo isn't going to be that guy.
    wgv61jvp087s.gif

I hope you also noticed that I made it clear I was happy to be wrong about that, and that I apologize if you bought stock in Diplomacy based on my predictions. :)
  • Options
    Listen, this isn't about your specific crew collection. This is about the fact that we've had SEVEN of these mega-events already and not a single mega-character has had a DIPLOMACY primary stat. Yes, we haven't had ENGINEERING either, but come on, Ru'afo isn't going to be that guy.

wgv61jvp087s.gif

LOLOLOLOL

My specific crew collection is going nuts right now. Jadzia and Michael are in particular quite happy not be be dragged into the role of chief engineer on long voyages, and so they're going to have a party in the science lab. The diplomats are breathing a sigh of relief, because they were feeling uneasy at the thought of a villain having better skills than they do, and engineering don't care so long as he gets the job done. It's an all round win for my specific crew and I think things will be running a little smoother from this point forward.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    She's already got the most variations, I'm skeptical on the release of ANOTHER... never know tho, what variation did they speculate it would be?

Negative. Even with adding two at once, she's "only" at 12. Picard's got 15.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any reward packs that offer a decent chance at Tourist Dax?
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny I was thinking I wish they would make a pack with the 3* Dax in it. That’s all
    I want out of this event

• Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Funny I was thinking I wish they would make a pack with the 3* Dax in it. That’s all
    I want out of this event

Shhhh.. keep talking like that and you'll turn her into the next Jazz Riker. Lol.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want out of this event

Shhhh.. keep talking like that and you'll turn her into the next Jazz Riker. Lol.

Right? That dude is everywhere now.

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    wgv61jvp087s.gif

I hope you also noticed that I made it clear I was happy to be wrong about that, and that I apologize if you bought stock in Diplomacy based on my predictions. :)

I'm just amused is all :p

I think we are all thrilled about Ru'afo's revelation.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Rufie cranks. Looking forward to him joining my crew.
    wgv61jvp087s.gif

Never thought I'd be happy to get Rufie, but what do you know?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping Tourist would be dropping in Voyages or some such already... got the jump on the 2* Geordi last time and was a fun lil level up.
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    Rufie cranks. Looking forward to him joining my crew.
    wgv61jvp087s.gif

Never thought I'd be happy to get Rufie, but what do you know?

:D
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there been any discussion about the community rewards for this event?

The reason I ask is that when you look at the preview of the rewards in-game, the community rewards tab says "Threshold Rewards Phase 1/2". There is no such text on the solo rewards tab.

Is this standard text that I've just never noticed before, or is there a chance that we may get a second set of community rewards for phase 2/2 of this full galaxy event?
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

The reason I ask is that when you look at the preview of the rewards in-game, the community rewards tab says "Threshold Rewards Phase 1/2". There is no such text on the solo rewards tab.

Is this standard text that I've just never noticed before, or is there a chance that we may get a second set of community rewards for phase 2/2 of this full galaxy event?

Believe it has always been that way. It is just denoting the community rewards happen in Phase 1.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it has always been that way. It is just denoting the community rewards happen in Phase 1.

My assumption was that they pulled the text from a past hybrid galaxy/??? event. It seemed odd since the solo thresholds tab doesn't have similar text, yet both sets of rewards span both phases in this event.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    My top engineer is Dress Uniform Scotty with one star. His base sits at 964 with bonuses. Its all downhill from there

Scotty is my second best, below immortal Assimilated Laforge.

Me, too! I spent a lot of honor immortalizing Assimilated La Forge. I have to say, my only complaint about Ru'Afo is that his three skills match exactly the three skills of Borgie Geordie. So while I'll get another monster engineer out of this month's mega, I won't get any diversity in the skills covered.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Any speculation on who we'll get as the rank 3*?

We have 2* versions of Seska and Jadzia, but no blues. Easy way out with Third Remata'klan? Or a new blue?

Sniper Ezri, because... Dax.

I stand corrected. Still a Dax, just not one on the radar the time of the original post.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    My top engineer is Dress Uniform Scotty with one star. His base sits at 964 with bonuses. Its all downhill from there

Me, too! I spent a lot of honor immortalizing Assimilated La Forge. I have to say, my only complaint about Ru'Afo is that his three skills match exactly the three skills of Borgie Geordie. So while I'll get another monster engineer out of this month's mega, I won't get any diversity in the skills covered.

I've got immortal Mirror Data and immortal Proto Barclay both at 1200 base but I still gladly accept this Ru'afo that's going to blow even them out of the water

Plus those 2 are ENG/SEC and ENG/SCI combos, now I'll have an ENG/CMD combo.... Giddy up
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭

I want out of this event

Too late.

icpje304rezv.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

She looks good in command red. Perhaps a non-canon Captain Dax version?
    (She did command the Defiant once, but I believe she did so in Blue)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

I've got immortal Mirror Data and immortal Proto Barclay both at 1200 base but I still gladly accept this Ru'afo that's going to blow even them out of the water

Plus those 2 are ENG/SEC and ENG/SCI combos, now I'll have an ENG/CMD combo.... Giddy up

Even though I have a strong ENG/COM with my immortal RAF O’Brien and ENG/SCI with my 4/5* Mirror Cochrane, another powerful engineer is always welcome on my crew.
  • Options
    zu1buq9b5yau.png

What a hideous looking crew!! I want no part of any of them. May I be the first to call her Grandma Dax

Give you 3 quesses where I'll be on this one...
    THE LAKE FISHING :-)
  • Options
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    zu1buq9b5yau.png

What a hideous looking crew!! I want no part of any of them. May I be the first to call her Grandma Dax

Give you 3 quesses where I'll be on this one...
    THE LAKE FISHING :-)

I might even do some TROLLING out there @ Capt. P
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting to see that this text is still showing in the event rewards screen, now that the event has started, only when you click on the Community tab.

DB would make a lot of friends if they added a second phase of community rewards!

Considering all community rewards have been cleared within phase 1 for the past several galaxy events, it would be a great addition, and another way to lure the otherwise threshold-and-out players back to participate in the full event.
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with the Build: War Zone Rescue? It's defaulting a crew and when I remove them it won't allow me to add anyone else.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else having issues with the Build: War Zone Rescue? It's defaulting a crew and when I remove them it won't allow me to add anyone else.

We are looking into it, there is a thread in Engineering Room for this.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

There's a thread in engineering; they're looking into it. It seems thst only that one mission is having trouble.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a thread in engineering; they're looking into it. It seems thst only that one mission is having trouble.

It was a little buggy at first but I eventually got it to go through (it somehow pre-loaded Princess Jadzia into the crew slot upon re-opening). I only did it once, though, due to not having an item.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭

ahh man, i thought it was a cool anti-macro thing.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."