Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: New Providers - 08/02 (Mega-Event#1)

Comments

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    What a hideous looking crew!! I want no part of any of them. May I be the first to call her Grandma Dax

The artwork on Jadzia is especially disappointing. And it's not the old-age makeup... as I mentioned to my fleetmates earlier today, it looks like they took some artwork that was "in-progress" and just said, "No, don't bother doing anything more to it. It's good enough!"

Here's a mockup I made that compares the art to actual shots of these characters. The only image of Dax that I could track down wasn't as high-res as I would've preferred, but I think this still makes it painfully obvious how much better Seska's artwork is compared to the others.

z9ositen29cj.jpg

Thank you for the effort. That illustrates the Founder problem quite clearly, I think. If her lines had more definition, even just as much as Seska, then she would have a 'flakey' look. But sadly, after the artist clearly invested 20-25 minutes preparing the Founder art, they then threw all of that effort away by applying the (now-ubiquitous, it seems) hot wax filter to her.

She looks like she's just finished a bout of jelly wrestling. It really does look like clumps of jello ON TOP of her outfit - which doesn't work, because her outfit is her!

I imagine it may be the same with Jadzia. Rather that just being unfinished, perhaps she looked detailed until they smeared her into oblivion with their poorly-chosen filter. She's got that mummified look that Cornwell has. Possibly just art that's been ready for deployment since the start of the year?

(Sorry, I do apologise for this fairly negative comment! This art is not a big deal for me. I'm just saying what I see.)
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Founder looks a bit like Odo in changling drag, rather than a changling emulating his look.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    The art is a bit disappointing this week. I hope Ru'afo looks better because hell be sitting in my active crew for a while yet.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jadzia looks pretty good. The flakes of the founder are not quite right but such things would be very difficult to draw and make look as good as a picture.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate the Jadzia look like some others here, but the diseased founder is embarassing
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it looks like the founder is about to have a Salmon cookout and she's carrying all the salmon chunks on her shoulder
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what the Founder reminds me of now...it looks like she is being atracked by a bunch of neural parasites from Operation: Annihilate! rather than being flaky.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Tourist Jadzia Dax

Swimsuit Jadzia?!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Server update has a few (pleasant) surprises:

Ru'afo: COM/ENG/SCI
    Founder: COM/DIP/MED
    Alt Future Dax: DIP/ENG/SCI
    Tourist Jadzia Dax: COM/DIP/SCI

Thanks for sussing those out, @robownage . Do you know if the skills above are in primary/secondary/tertiary order, or are they just listed from a left-to-right sort by skill? Asking for a friend. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sussing those out, @robownage . Do you know if the skills above are in primary/secondary/tertiary order, or are they just listed from a left-to-right sort by skill? Asking for a friend. 🖖🏻

All we know is based on filtering the Chryo chamber right now, so we just know which stats they have, not their respective magnitude.
  • Options
    Too bad Anj isn't getting bonus. I mean, she is the same race as Ru'afo.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Porter wrote: »

Is that suggesting all humans should get a bonus when Picard is event crew? That could be interesting...
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

All new crew are 3 stat. I am happy.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Ru’afo is primary engineering he’s getting a citation tomorrow early afternoon.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Porter wrote: »

Is that suggesting all humans should get a bonus when Picard is event crew? That could be interesting...

Not suggesting that, as there are way too many human cards. That being said, very frequently when an event card does not have many other similar cards, we get a race as event (i.e. Ferengi, Klingon or Vulcan bonuses)
  • Options
    Regardless how bad the art is, the whales will just buy them and still compete for top ranks to get additonal cards so they can have another copy or two. I am still cluess why is that. But that’s what this game need.

F2Por monthly vip don’t have voice over this other than boycotting the event or just talk about this in forum.

• Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooof, that Founder art is extremely disappointing. They've made such great strives in the art department recently, it's a real shame to see it take such a horrendous step back.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Ooof, that Founder art is extremely disappointing. They've made such great strives in the art department recently, it's a real shame to see it take such a horrendous step back.

As someone who knows very little about it, I'd be interested to know how they do the art. We know they start with a screen shot from the episode - but do they then freehand it, trace it, or digitize it? I mean, I have apps on my phone that can make the real world look like an animated series in real time.
  • Options

As someone who knows very little about it, I'd be interested to know how they do the art. We know they start with a screen shot from the episode - but do they then freehand it, trace it, or digitize it? I mean, I have apps on my phone that can make the real world look like an animated series in real time.

Can you try to do it for the jadzia and founder above and post the pic?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Can you try to do it for the jadzia and founder above and post the pic?

I'm sorry, nahh, all I'm working with is that Apple Clips app, I'm no graphic designer!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    knv7u5z5vrol.jpeg
    gw3kcn1pr8yd.jpeg
    7qxipkqijppb.jpeg
    c7ftvzn56b92.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    oqhsz40kd762.png

Picked up the new 5 star Dax on my first try, and a 4th star for Bashir.

The new tourist Dax looks amazing as well!o04ir0bb0ido.png
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Tourist Jadzia can replace Sito Jaxa for cadets...