Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: New Providers - 08/02 (Mega-Event#1)

Comments

• Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Not only did it default jadzia for me which is ok, but all 7 failed to proc and gave me 0 green boost for losing. Thinking something was wrong on the entire thing
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the issues ofhers have discussed
  • hvwp9g44zia2.png

The traits are unhelpful, maybe the resourceful. But if you look at traits for eng nodes in the game it is mostly "jury rigger" or "innovator". DB just gave into the community complaints about no high level engineering.

I would argue he should have "Tactician" for sure since he carefully planned out the whole Federation manipulation and the use of holographic environments to secretly abduct the Ba'ku. "Desperate" because he was desperate to harvest the metaphasic particles of the Ba'ku planet. And maybe some kind of engineer-related trait. Not "Jury Rigger" or "Innovator", but perhaps "Particle Physicist" since that's what the device he helped engineer does and he has strong knowledge of it in order to use/make it.

I agree with Tactician. Also, maybe Theoretical Engineer or Astrophysicist to help with his knowledge of isolytic weaponry, ketracel white production, and the Collector and all that it does. Further, I’d argue he should have Geneticist, since the Son’A have essentially been experimenting on themselves and others, extending their lives and whatnot, for over a hundred years.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had any trust in this company, then I would DYC Rufio & continue on my merry way.

But I do not have such trust. Which makes me both sad and angry, and I’m not certain as to which is stronger right now.

Sincerely,
    drop in the bucket
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • If I had any trust in this company, then I would DYC Rufio & continue on my merry way.

But I do not have such trust. Which makes me both sad and angry, and I’m not certain as to which is stronger right now.

Sincerely,
    drop in the bucket

More like a mote of dust in the vastness of space. ;)

/In this happy special case I don't think the mistake will be repeated.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had any trust in this company, then I would DYC Rufio & continue on my merry way.

Sincerely,
    drop in the bucket

More like a mote of dust in the vastness of space. ;)

/In this happy special case I don't think the mistake will be repeated.

I would tend to agree.
    They don't want that back lash again.

And there's plenty of other first time unexpected mind blowing screw ups for them to go thru before they cycle back around to this one again :P NARF !!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1. I especially like ”mothersmurfing”.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dislike of the Galaxy Event format is a well-documented matter of record by now. However, so too is my love of DS9 and Jadzia. I've been able to stay entirely caught up on my crew since March, completing most newcomers within an hour, tops. That has, in turn, allowed me to build up a nice little nest egg of chronitons (I started with 15500) and inventory. After blowing through 12k chronitons, I...

Immortalized Diseased Changeling Founder
    Got Adhar Ru'afo to 2/5 using Honor citation, FE, 100
    Got Kazon Seska to 3/4, FE, 100
    Racked up 518 rare items to cash in during Phase 2
    Hit rank #65 by time I stopped late last night (#96 now)

I played in three different sessions, not starting until around 5:00 PM yesterday. I think I ran into the "You've been playing for a long time" prompt four times throughout. Each time, I wanted to reply, "Believe me, I KNOW", but all I could do was click Yes.

All I care about is a top 1000 finish. I ain't craftin' another mothersmurfing thing unless I absolutely have to do so. I dunno how any of you do this for every Galaxy Event, and it will be quite some time before I do it again.

mothersmurfing is a think that needs to catch on, simple as that
  • I was pleasantly surprised that Ru'afo didn't need a computer core-full of 0* holoprograms. Much relieved.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    hvwp9g44zia2.png

The traits are unhelpful, maybe the resourceful. But if you look at traits for eng nodes in the game it is mostly "jury rigger" or "innovator". DB just gave into the community complaints about no high level engineering.

I would argue he should have "Tactician" for sure since he carefully planned out the whole Federation manipulation and the use of holographic environments to secretly abduct the Ba'ku. "Desperate" because he was desperate to harvest the metaphasic particles of the Ba'ku planet. And maybe some kind of engineer-related trait. Not "Jury Rigger" or "Innovator", but perhaps "Particle Physicist" since that's what the device he helped engineer does and he has strong knowledge of it in order to use/make it.

I agree with Tactician. Also, maybe Theoretical Engineer or Astrophysicist to help with his knowledge of isolytic weaponry, ketracel white production, and the Collector and all that it does. Further, I’d argue he should have Geneticist, since the Son’A have essentially been experimenting on themselves and others, extending their lives and whatnot, for over a hundred years.

So yes maybe add on "Tactician", "Desperate", "Geneticist", "Theoretical Engineer" (though I still like the idea of having a "Particle Physicist" trait).
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • South of SuluSouth of Sulu ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Are there any reward packs that offer a decent chance at Tourist Dax?

Funny I was thinking I wish they would make a pack with the 3* Dax in it. That’s all
    I want out of this event

Shhhh.. keep talking like that and you'll turn her into the next Jazz Riker. Lol.

Too late.

icpje304rezv.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of all the new characters this one looks the least like the actors. If is was not for the spots, I would be asking; Who is this?
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diseased founder was the card I wanted most out of this mega...
    Are there any reward packs that offer a decent chance at Tourist Dax?

Funny I was thinking I wish they would make a pack with the 3* Dax in it. That’s all
    I want out of this event

Shhhh.. keep talking like that and you'll turn her into the next Jazz Riker. Lol.

Too late.

icpje304rezv.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of all the new characters this one looks the least like the actors. If is was not for the spots, I would be asking; Who is this?

She looks more like Sasha Grey than Terry Farrell.
  • ZEB :-) wrote: »
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    zu1buq9b5yau.png

What a hideous looking crew!! I want no part of any of them. May I be the first to call her Grandma Dax

Give you 3 quesses where I'll be on this one...
    THE LAKE FISHING :-)

I might even do some TROLLING out there @ Capt. P

Look I'm Trollingbcuf6bmck5d0.jpg
  • ZEB :-) wrote: »
    zu1buq9b5yau.png

What a hideous looking crew!! I want no part of any of them. May I be the first to call her Grandma Dax

Give you 3 quesses where I'll be on this one...
    THE LAKE FISHING :-)

I might even do some TROLLING out there @ Capt. P

Look I'm Trollingbcuf6bmck5d0.jpg

Weeee now I'm parasailing... 5j8kq8shdmbm.jpg
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a preditiction on top 1k points needed? I have 355k currently (279th). Could I stop throwing materials out the airlock?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    400-450k has been the standard lately
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭

didn't it used to be closer to 600,000?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    V. wrote: »

During the galaxy with Genevieve Kira I think I had over 500k points and that put me well into the top 500.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

...no?
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    That's good. I haven't done one in a while and remembered them being more brutal.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    That's good. I haven't done one in a while and remembered them being more brutal.

Some galaxies are more contentious than others. I remember Fast as Light (Honey Bare) being a tough one.
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    For the items in ‘A Fractured Past’, playing for Dominion, making the two items ‘Regulations’ and ‘Historical Records’ requires exactly the same set of items - a subprocessor, a 1-star database & a 1-Star criminal activity report.

Surely this is some sort of mistake?
  • Adam2791Adam2791 ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The 2x Event Packs sold with 1 of the 4/* Flakey Founders - had TWO extra in the crew packs - what's the point of this as you already have at least 2 or 3 of them from the event. Not very well thought out is it 4jtid7heinvx.png
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the scores are waaaay lower then I expected given a) Jadzia and b) how high scores have been recently in galaxy events. Anyone care to opine why?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the scores are waaaay lower then I expected given a) Jadzia and b) how high scores have been recently in galaxy events. Anyone care to opine why?

The entire event crew is hideous.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking more about the top 10 scores, a Jadzia with insane science stats? Lily Sloan with mediocre stats took like 7 million points to win! This just seems weird at only 2.8 million on Sunday night.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking more about the top 10 scores, a Jadzia with insane science stats? Lily Sloan with mediocre stats took like 7 million points to win! This just seems weird at only 2.8 million on Sunday night.

I thought the same thing. Normally I would be all over a Jadzia but Granny Jadzia didn’t appeal to me so I guess I’m just going with my perspective.

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that Star Trek Las Vegas is ongoing, if you’re at the convention you probably have better things to do.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any consideration of the anti-macro initiative? (This is the first event with such a deterrent)
    Intentionally Left Blank