Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: New Providers - 08/02 (Mega-Event#1)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Any consideration of the anti-macro initiative? (This is the first event with such a deterrent)

Woah! Great point!

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any consideration of the anti-macro initiative? (This is the first event with such a deterrent)

I hope so. I always work for the rankings I get. It's irritating to think that someone is cheating their way through events.
  • Options
    Whoever suggested that new 2* Prisoner Ezri Dax with MED and SEC for the cadet challenges, NOW would definitely be a perfect time for her.

It was me & yes I fully agree, this mega event is perfect timing for such an addition.
    aygy1nzr16ib.jpg
    xcbaq4p9ieo4.jpeg
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1471/image-inside-2-crew-female-starfleet-alien-needed-to-bridge-the-gap-in-cadet-missions#latest
    - Joined game 6th March 2016
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Total Crew collected 882/1179
    - Crew collections maxed out 7/45
    - Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
    - Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Achievements completed 15/16
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that Star Trek Las Vegas is ongoing, if you’re at the convention you probably have better things to do.

Yeah, I’m betting on ST:LV being the culprit, good call!
  • Options
    Except at least the player ranked #2 is at the convention.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually wondering if anyone else was finding this event MORE competitive in the lower decks? In the past, when I’ve hit threshold earlier in the event and kept using naturally occurring chronitons, I’ve found myself comfortably sub-5,000, but this time upon hitting threshold I was around rank 8-9,000.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I was actually wondering if anyone else was finding this event MORE competitive in the lower decks? In the past, when I’ve hit threshold earlier in the event and kept using naturally occurring chronitons, I’ve found myself comfortably sub-5,000, but this time upon hitting threshold I was around rank 8-9,000.

I think Tourist Dax is making sub 5k FAR more competitive, but compared to previous events, top 10 is much less aggressive.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Woah! Great point!

There is value in declaring that there are only four lights.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I've noticed this, too. I'm wasting resources to get 3* Dax.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I think Tourist Dax is making sub 5k FAR more competitive, but compared to previous events, top 10 is much less aggressive.

Wasn’t sure if the user base as a whole had just power creeped on me. Hopefully it’s just Swimsuit Issue Dax that has caused this blip. I had to cash in a bunch (1k) of inbox chronitons in the final hour just to move from 4400 to sub-2500.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal best finish. Inventory is in ruins and chrons are depleted. Probably won’t try that hard again, ever. Don’t know how others do it time and time again.

ryfxaa2p02jy.png

Isn’t it also kinda like “all that and I only get two copies of the legendary”?

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal best finish. Inventory is in ruins and chrons are depleted. Probably won’t try that hard again, ever. Don’t know how others do it time and time again.

ryfxaa2p02jy.png

Grats on the finish. My patience isn't strong enough for that high of a finish. I did ok though.

73n1sg44o9mc.jpg
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

ryfxaa2p02jy.png

Definitely
  • Options

ryfxaa2p02jy.png

Congratulations.
  • Options
    I think this was a more costly event because of both Dax crew. I didn't bother trying for too 1000, but I assumed top 5000 would be simple. I had to pour extra into it. I will just freeze her instantly, but she would be the only 3* I didn't have, so I went for it regardless of chroniton cost.
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭

ryfxaa2p02jy.png

Same here. Loads of fun, never interested in having that much fun again. Congrats on the finish!
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    I think this was a more costly event because of both Dax crew. I didn't bother trying for too 1000, but I assumed top 5000 would be simple. I had to pour extra into it. I will just freeze her instantly, but she would be the only 3* I didn't have, so I went for it regardless of chroniton cost.

Yeah, I definitely had to throw more into this event to make top 1000 than I expected. For past galaxy events, I had been able to start with around 6000 chrons and consistently break top 1000 with 1000-2000 chrons leftover (with the only refills coming from my voyages, which I run consistently with no antimatter refills). This time around I burned through all of them and needed a couple of last minute dilithium swaps to keep from falling out of the top 1000 during the last 30 minutes or so of the event.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

ryfxaa2p02jy.png

At #206, this was my personal best Galaxy finish, and I have the same things to say. I shudder to think what you slogged through for #11, but kudos!

I went into the event with 15500 chronitons. I went into it with a 2/4 Kazon Seska already FE, which left me with the Diseased Changeling Founder and Adhar Ru'afo to equip. Also, over the weekend, I took two chances on the Starfleet's Finest packs, which got me Armed Philippa Georgiou and Gabriel Bell. In all, I spent around 12k chronitons to rack up 500k points and to equip those four. Had it not been for the supply kits, I would have depleted my entire stock of chronitons.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, why did you bother to level Georgiou and Bell during the event? They wouldn't have helped you in the event, and they just took chrons/supplies you could have spent to improve your rank.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    *looks on his 20th place* Better than "all that and I only get one legendary."
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Just curious, why did you bother to level Georgiou and Bell during the event? They wouldn't have helped you in the event, and they just took chrons/supplies you could have spent to improve your rank.

There were no more Jadzias in the rewards table at #26 than there were at #206, so it made no difference to me where in that range I was. Besides, I had already had my fill of the event before I got the packs and wouldn't have put those resources into it anyway. If that meant falling out of the top 1000 and missing out on Jadzia, so be it. I couldn't stomach the idea of crafting one more thing.