Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: New Providers - 08/02 (Mega-Event#1)

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternate Future Jadzia Dax (New) 5*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: DIP 419 (83-187), ENG 1002 (118-267), SCI 1291 (125-313)
    Traits: Federation, Starfleet, Exobiology, Astrophysicist, Trill, Pilot

Diseased Changeling Founder (New) 4*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 753 (147-305), DIP 458 (239-483), MED 248 (88-214)
    Traits: Changeling, Dominion, Desperate, Brutal

Tourist Jadzia Dax
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped level 100 Skills: CMD 526 (86-206), DIP 346 (55-154), SCI 210 (29-101)
    Traits: Federation, Starfleet, Trill, Casual, Romantic

Ahdar Ru'afo (Existing) 5*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 757 (187-447), ENG 1362 (69-227), SCI 506 (109-219)
    Traits: Son'a, Brutal, Villain, Survivalist, Resourceful

Unfused stats

Alternate Future Jadzia Dax
    FE 1/5 level 100 DIP 194 (83-187), ENG 554 (118-267), SCI 901 (125-313)

Diseased Changeling Founder
    FE 1/4 level 100 CMD 535 (147-305), DIP 241 (239-483), MED 128 (88-214)

Ahdar Ru'afo
    FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 309 (187-447), ENG 972 (69-227), SCI 281 (109-219)

Tourist Jadzia Dax
    FE 1/3 level 100 CMD 411 (86-206), DIP 229 (55-154), SCI 149 (29-101)
  • Options
    I wonder if Tourist Jadzia can replace Sito Jaxa for cadets...

No, because Jadzia is 3* and Sito is only 2*, so they aren't eligible for the same cadet days.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Tourist is a 3*
  • Options

She's 3*
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

No, because Jadzia is 3* and Sito is only 2*, so they aren't eligible for the same cadet days.

Oh my bad. I thought Tourist Jadzia was a 2*
  • Options

Sito Jaxa is just a 2star for M-F, but Tourist Jadzia is a 3star for the weekends.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow is Ru'afo an Engineering Monster......
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Be kind of difficult as a 3-star. (I was thinking the same thing until I saw the final readout)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    RUAFO IS ENG/COM/SCI!!!!!!

Not only that, but with 1362, he is (I believe) the highest base Engineer in the game.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Not only that, but with 1362, he is (I believe) the highest base Engineer in the game.

by about 90 and Dax #1 SCI by over 50. Insane power creep stats in this event...

At least Ru'afo won't crowd out everyone else in the gauntlet
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Festive Jadzia already kicks Sito to the curb for 2* cadets. Not sure I'll keep 3* around for the weekends unless she's good for ship battles.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Oh my bad. I thought Tourist Jadzia was a 2*

I'm hoping Tourist Jadzia has a decent ship combat skill, so I can keep her around to replace Lursa, who I use for SAT/SUN challenges (CMD) and on my ship in Commander division.

Since there are only a couple 1-3* ships I haven't yet completed (Miranda 2*, Borg 2*, Hirogen 2*, Constellation 3* and Breen 3*), I really only worrying about maintaining a top-5000 ranking in Commander division most of the time. I may just keep Tourist Dax over Lursa anyway, for purely aesthetic reasons ;-)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

by about 90 and Dax #1 SCI by over 50. Insane power creep stats in this event...

Kinda wish he had better ENG proficiency. ENG is probably the most unbalanced Gauntlet stat right now.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Festive Jadzia already kicks Sito to the curb for 2* cadets. Not sure I'll keep 3* around for the weekends unless she's good for ship battles.

Festive Dax does not have CMD

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda wish he had better ENG proficiency. ENG is probably the most unbalanced Gauntlet stat right now.

Honestly, while I would love a good Gauntlet ENG (The Caretaker still eludes me), I don't think we need a wall of Ru'afos. The walls of Mirror Picards are only now starting to ease up, and I'm still getting more than my share of Surak walls.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A shame that this founder is weak and will be of only limited use this event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »

Festive Dax does not have CMD

Bah, my brain thought Sato. Why would we need to replace Sito. She's loveable just the way she is.
  • Options
    I think some of the confusion is that Shan posted that Tourist Jadzia Dax is a new threshold but she is actually a new ranked reward.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    Dax and Seska look great and I like the Founder’s face but her body looks terrible. Rather than flaking off parts, it looks more like bits of carpet added over her surface instead of part of it.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

Think this is partly tactical on DBs part. So many players won't play galaxy events as it is, if they had rubbish cards absolutely nobody would take part. I prefer to save chrons for skirmish. I don't buy packs for galaxy events as I generally get both 4* FF with community rewards anyway. They have to do something to encourage us to actually play it 😊

Plus it's Dax, and therefore automatically awesome
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    While I am all for another ENG, as we desperately need it, I question that it is Ru'Afo, as he is NOT portrayed in any way to be anything but a Ruthless Commander. All/any of the science and engineering he did was though his subordinates and slaves, while he sat there giving orders during his face stretching sessions.

Not trying to complain here, just noting an observation.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    While I am all for another ENG, as we desperately need it, I question that it is Ru'Afo, as he is NOT portrayed in any way to be anything but a Ruthless Commander. All/any of the science and engineering he did was though his subordinates and slaves, while he sat there giving orders during his face stretching sessions.

Not trying to complain here, just noting an observation.

He helped build the Son’A weapons, ships, and was one of the two responsible for the science behind the Collector, the huge space platform that was designed to strip out the radiation of the Bak’U planet’s rings and give it to the Son’A as a fountain of youth. That’s Engineering and Science.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Think this is partly tactical on DBs part. So many players won't play galaxy events as it is, if they had rubbish cards absolutely nobody would take part. I prefer to save chrons for skirmish. I don't buy packs for galaxy events as I generally get both 4* FF with community rewards anyway. They have to do something to encourage us to actually play it 😊

Adding a new 3* crew as a ranked reward is also another way to encourage/force people to play a galaxy event. Adding a 1/5* crew isn't always worth the time, effort and investment of chrons and equipment, especially when you have the ranked 4* crew FF.

The new 3* Jadzia is the only thing preventing me from making this my 4th or 5th (at least) threshold-and-out galaxy event in a row, since I already have Seska immortalized.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand the rationale and agree with your assessment, but it's having the opposite effect on me. Gradual power creep is one thing, but blowing the competition out of the water twice in one event is telling me to reign in my spending/investment if my crew are going to be made obsolete that much faster and/or more conspicuously.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭

I understand the rationale and agree with your assessment, but it's having the opposite effect on me. Gradual power creep is one thing, but blowing the competition out of the water twice in one event is telling me to reign in my spending/investment if my crew are going to be made obsolete that much faster and/or more conspicuously.

I get this but this is the first event I can recall in which there was such a jump. I wouldn’t expect this to be a usual occurrence.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    So DB gives away a 4/5 of the new highest(by far) ENG base in game, for „free“. Interesting....
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Adding a new 3* crew as a ranked reward is also another way to encourage/force people to play a galaxy event. Adding a 1/5* crew isn't always worth the time, effort and investment of chrons and equipment, especially when you have the ranked 4* crew FF.

The new 3* Jadzia is the only thing preventing me from making this my 4th or 5th (at least) threshold-and-out galaxy event in a row, since I already have Seska immortalized.

Hey Webberoni 👋 hope you and the rest of the LC gang are good

I agree, and she's a particularly pretty card, I'm keeping her active in my crew even if I don't actually need her. Dax, rainbows, swimming costumes 😍 plus....

......a recurring with Eng as primary

If this was an advert there would probably be Ferrero Rocher stacked in a massive pyramid....or a man abseiling down a cliff to bring me Milk Tray....or Carlsberg (is it Carslberg, you know, if Carlsberg did holidays, or something. Been so long since I watched normal British tv with actual adverts)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two outstanding, highly-desirable legendaries. Wow. I know I will use a citation on Ru'afo. The question is how many chrons I'm willing to kiss goodbye in order to land the new Jadzia. Even with one star, she'd be among my top science crew, beating out Honey Bare (sad to say).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends