Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: An Even Field - 08/09 (Mega-Event#2)

Comments

• PLEASE DO NOT SWAP YAR AND ROSS. YAR IS AWESOME!
  • I’m sorry but Admiral Ross should have been a legendary. I second previous comments. Come on Shan.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE DO NOT SWAP YAR AND ROSS. YAR IS AWESOME!

They've never swapped characters this late in the process. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a weird and creepy episode of tng but as it was an episode of tng db can use a character from it in game. Whether her addition in game will be weird and creepy will come down to what storyline db writes for the event. I have a feeling that the storyline will be that Yar is advising us that she had been affected by polywater once and that it is likely that ru'afo dosed the jem hadar with polywater so that they would abandon the founders and follow him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a weird and creepy episode of tng but as it was an episode of tng db can use a character from it in game. Whether her addition in game will be weird and creepy will come down to what storyline db writes for the event. I have a feeling that the storyline will be that Yar is advising us that she had been affected by polywater once and that it is likely that ru'afo dosed the jem hadar with polywater so that they would abandon the founders and follow him.

Not bad! They should commission you as a writer

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    While I agree Admiral Ross is easily worthy of having been a 5* character, at least we've finally gotten him.

Although yea, after sleeping on it, it's kinda strange to me that they're picking this effectively "softcore" Yar as the character's first canon 5*. She DID deserve one, but I don't know if this is it.

What I'm saying is this would probably make more sense if those two characters' positions were reversed, Ross the 5* and Polywater Yar the 4*.

I agree. Warship Yar was probably the best option for a legendary Tasha.

Speaking of the "Warship" set (Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok, Yar), it really bothers me that Tuvok is the only 5* of that bunch. Although I can't wait to see Warship Doctor. Or more from the Warship Enterprise-D in "Yesterday's Enterprise."

Warship Doctor would be pretty great.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, anyone saying SWAP them, that's ridiculous. Do you have any idea how much planning goes into the equipment and skill points of these characters? They can't swap them. That would be impossible at this point. It's fine, we'll survive.

Although Ross better have the Section 31 and undercover operative traits.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with this picture?

rl6y9j7gdxjk.jpg

I noticed that, as well. That line should, of course, not be coming from The Founder, since it is directed towards her.

I also caught this typo — an incorrect spelling of Son'a, right after the correct spelling. :p

v0mtz07wzzae.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I, for one, am just excited that none of these characters give a recurring bonus this in the "Dominion" mega-event.
  • KTz wrote: »
    What kind of Dominion megaevent is this, without dominion new crew?

Admiral Ross and Garak were involved in the Dominion War. So their being included makes sense. Yar I don't get at all. While I'm pleased to have another Founder. I want more Dominion Crew members. Changeling Martok, Changling O'Brien, The Vorta: Yelgrun, Remote Controlled Keevan. Borath, Eris, Gelnon, Luaran. And of course the various Weyoun
  • As far as a genuinely useful recurring 5*, I'd really have preferred something like "Operations Sisko" from his time away from DS9 strategizing for the war effort alongside Admiral Ross. Probably yet another CMD/Dip/Sec in that order with Tactician, Survivalist, and various others. But although that would make more sense than Ru'afo he'd also be juuuust another Siskoooo with the saaaame damn skills.
    I have to admit for gameplay's sake, this is going ok with me.

As far as Tasha, there's gotta be a dozen possible ways to sneak her in with better flair, but in every event we're lucky to see one royally awesome character, and by default, everyone else will be insulting trash. The 3* Jadzia this week is total freezer-bait. Hardly worth mentioning.

Which they didn't...
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    With the occasion of this mega event, how about giving us Thot Gor?
    And where is First Goran'Agar?
    Thank you!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    With the occasion of this mega event, how about giving us Thot Gor?
    And where is First Goran'Agar?
    Thank you!

Thot Gor is supposed to be voyage only. If I completely trusted DB, I would immediately cite him up. As it is, I fear that of I cite him, they will give him as an event crew and my citations would be wasted. If they give Thot Gor, I will lose confidence in DB. As it is, I mostly have confidence.
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Didn't colonel worf find his way into a pack ?

And not the elusive deal last year I got my first one from, that was a mistake they said.

I wouldn't mind them replacing the voyage only guys and moving them into the loot pool, and I have them all immortalized except Guinan I can't get to drop in 10 hour runs.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mega event DS9 part 2. Because DS9 is too awesome to have only one event.

Founder Odo from the last episode will be in the last event.
  • The episode "Naked Now" was sooooo awesome. Kirk was mentioned, and the character building was superb. It was only the second episode of TNG, and yet so very very TREK! . The spaced bridge, all of it, just a awesome! and of course, stunningly beautiful Yar!! Just the best!!
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Torn on this one. On the one hand I’m a Garak fan and have a few of him levelled up, so should find I have plenty of crew.

On the other hand I have mirror garak fffe already, and don’t have much interest in Lisa Stansfield Yar.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of Mirror Garak we should get Prisoner Garak from 5x15 and 5x16 of DS9.
  • The episode "Naked Now" was sooooo awesome. Kirk was mentioned, and the character building was superb. It was only the second episode of TNG, and yet so very very TREK! . The spaced bridge, all of it, just a awesome! and of course, stunningly beautiful Yar!! Just the best!!

I hope that is sarcasm...

For the record, "The Naked Now" was scheduled to be episode 7 or 8 or something, but they hadn't finished post production on the original episode 2, so they had to slide it in early.

That episode almost caused me not to continue watching TNG because it was so bad. But because I am a serious ST fan, I persuaded myself to continue on. Fortunately, it started getting better after that.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The episode "Naked Now" was sooooo awesome. Kirk was mentioned, and the character building was superb. It was only the second episode of TNG, and yet so very very TREK! . The spaced bridge, all of it, just a awesome! and of course, stunningly beautiful Yar!! Just the best!!

I hope that is sarcasm...

For the record, "The Naked Now" was scheduled to be episode 7 or 8 or something, but they hadn't finished post production on the original episode 2, so they had to slide it in early.

That episode almost caused me not to continue watching TNG because it was so bad. But because I am a serious ST fan, I persuaded myself to continue on. Fortunately, it started getting better after that.

Agreed. It was an awful episode but the Yar for next week looks pretty cool.
  • What's wrong with this picture?

rl6y9j7gdxjk.jpg

It’s in the wrong thread. Also, Jadzia should the one pictured, not the Founder.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    My minor concern there are no Dominion in this week's portion of the Mega Event, just peripheral tangential characters of the Dominion.

I was promised Flying Cars!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Rape Gang Escapee Yar from "Hide and Q"?

Where No One Has Gone Before.

• So happy Admiral Ross is being added to the game.
    I’ve been suggesting him for a long long time now.
    Thank you DB 🙏🏼
    Just hope the crew artwork is better than my mock-up...
    ehrb40aoyou5.jpeg
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1472/image-inside-tribute-to-barry-jenner-who-played-admiral-william-ross#latest
    Based on some of the recent perceived artwork debacles, maybe they should just cut you a cheque and call it a day.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Rocpile wrote: »
    So happy Admiral Ross is being added to the game.
    I’ve been suggesting him for a long long time now.
    Thank you DB 🙏🏼
    Just hope the crew artwork is better than my mock-up...
    ehrb40aoyou5.jpeg
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1472/image-inside-tribute-to-barry-jenner-who-played-admiral-william-ross#latest
    Based on some of the recent perceived artwork debacles, maybe they should just cut you a cheque and call it a day.
    The art has been quite good the last couple months. The only significant complaints were that Leeta had a blue line on her nose that made her look a touch cartoonish and that the chunks on the diseased founder didn't look quite right which would be very difficult for anyone to get right on a 2-D drawing. The art for the others has been good to exceptional. If people complain just as much now when the art is better as when they complained when the art was worse why should DB put any money into making good art?
    Let’s fly!
  • BardezBardez ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    robownage wrote: »
    They could even do a quasi-canon Prisoner Yar based on that storyline, actually.

This... would actually make an incredibly awesome regular weekly event.

Imagine the temporal anomaly has displaced a Romulan penal colony, and Starfleet has intercepted a distress call from an imprisoned Tasha Yar. Hybrid event with sending shuttles trying to gather information, and finishing with an expedition event to actually save her. Romulans giving a boost, Yar and Sela giving the best boost.
    Perception is the thin dividing line between reality and fiction

Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 53×2★; 78×3★; 196×4★; 87×5★
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The episode "Naked Now" was sooooo awesome. Kirk was mentioned, and the character building was superb. It was only the second episode of TNG, and yet so very very TREK! . The spaced bridge, all of it, just a awesome! and of course, stunningly beautiful Yar!! Just the best!!

Wesley in this episode alone made it awful without even factoring in everything else
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Wesley in this episode alone made it awful without even factoring in everything else

14xt3htia8vo.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"