Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: An Even Field - 08/09 (Mega-Event#2)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: An Even Field
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Polywater Yar 5* (New), Admiral Ross 4* (New) and Mirror Garak 4* (existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 08/09 until Monday 08/13

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Ahdar Ru'afo 5* (New)

Event factions: Section 31, Romulan Star Empire, Cardassian

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Ahdar Ru'afo
• small bonus: variants of Yar, variants of Garak, and crew with the Dominion trait.

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay Admiral Ross!!!!!!!!!! Finally!
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    4* Ross.. uhhhhgg.
    Lol sad he's 4*.. happy he's getting in game.
    Now it's time to bug you for variants for a year !
    Yaaa !

dh96gmhjnqwa.gif

Edit: Just looked up "Poly Water" Yar.
    My previous meme applies.
    I guess she's gonna be Diplomacy Primary huh ? Ya know whad I'm sayin lol :P
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    Another vote to petition DB to swap Admiral Ross to 5*.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kinda name is "polywater"?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    While the polyester infection episode is definitely a Yar heavy one, AND the first time we get to hear that Data is “fully functional”, I’m still not quite sure why this merits Yar being a legendary model. I’m not really complaining as I think we have too few Yars already but what an odd choice for a gold. I’m guessing Diplomacy primary and Security secondary. She’ll be a two skill gold, unless they decide to throw in a third at the last minute and make her a standard C/D/S character. If that’s the case, I’m guessing Command is the tertiary.

Oh, and YES! for adding Admiral Ross. I’m a little sad he’s not gold but happy as well because I might actually have a chance to aquire him this way.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about finally getting Ross, but for a Dominion event we have 0 Dominion crew. There is no one from this event that will provide a bonus the rest of the mega event. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a mega event?
  • 5tejme5k3k49.png

So sexy in this episode. 😍
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm excited about finally getting Ross, but for a Dominion event we have 0 Dominion crew. There is no one from this event that will provide a bonus the rest of the mega event. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a mega event?

I’m pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread before the mega-event began. This is a Dominion mega-event, so naturally, we can expect absolutely no Dominion crew members, lol.

Anyhow, it’s not all bad as of yet, since we have Diseased Founder as new Dominion crew and they’ve already stated that any crew with the Dominion trait will provide a small bonus in all the events.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* Ross.. uhhhhgg.
    Edit: Just looked up "Poly Water" Yar.
    My previous meme applies.
    I guess she's gonna be Diplomacy Primary huh ? Ya know whad I'm sayin lol :P

Should be MED in there too based on precedent (Tourist Quark). Dip is music and the arts, Med is.... about being fully functional...
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao no Dominion crew in a Dominion mega-event. I am not disappointed, because I wasn't expecting anything.

But this seems like a DS= mega event part 2.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kinda name is "polywater"?

It was either that or "###### Yar" once the filter was finished with it.

Anyway, while I agree that Admiral Ross feels more like a 5*, I'm in the camp that's contented just to be able to get him. I view this one as DB throwing us a bone. There can be a Formal Dress Admiral Ross later as a 5*.

As for the absence of new Dominion crew in this event, Ross works for me narrative-wise as he was so central to the Dominion War. I'm open to Mirror Garak making sense in the narrative as representative of the KCA. ###### Yar baffles me, but whatever.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuuuuuuuuuuck, don't care about Yar, Mirror Garak already FF, and Ross should have been a 5* for sure. If Ross is the threshold this is one of the easiest threshold and outs ever
  • But will Polywater Yar have a soundbite too?
  • Ross is a welcome addition.

I hope the second half of the mega event will finally feature more Dominion crew ... 1 out of 7 so far is disappointing.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ross is a welcome addition.

I hope the second half of the mega event will finally feature more Dominion crew ... 1 out of 7 so far is disappointing.

Ru'afo could be considered one pretty easily and I think Ross fits the bill too since he was only on DS9 for the dominion war... I'd give them a score of 3/7

That's not to say we don't still need more though
  • I guess i'm one of the few that is fine with Yar being the legendary. She is far more likely to be future event crew than Ross. Also, I'm not convinced that either would be 3-skill crew. Admittedly, Ross deserves to be a 5-star more than many of the 1-offs that have gotten that distinction, but I'd still rather see a regular cast member as the gold.
    Yateball wrote: »
    RIP Barry Jenner btw...

Felt kinda weird for my support for this to be an "Awesome".
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without more DB originals, they don't have a -lot- of Canon options to make Yars from..

But Travis's point is.. both funny and on point.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral Ross will be another Com, Dip...plus something combo
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion: gimmie a red-shirt Ross instead of the 'War Uniform"... come at me
    Without more DB originals, they don't have a -lot- of Canon options to make Yars from..

But Travis's point is.. both funny and on point.

We did see Formal Dress Yar in "Lonely Among Us", so that's one canon version remaining who isn't problematic.