Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: An Even Field - 08/09 (Mega-Event#2)

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    The episode "Naked Now" was sooooo awesome. Kirk was mentioned, and the character building was superb. It was only the second episode of TNG, and yet so very very TREK! . The spaced bridge, all of it, just a awesome! and of course, stunningly beautiful Yar!! Just the best!!

Wesley in this episode alone made it awful without even factoring in everything else

But he always gets an A...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    The episode "Naked Now" was sooooo awesome. Kirk was mentioned, and the character building was superb. It was only the second episode of TNG, and yet so very very TREK! . The spaced bridge, all of it, just a awesome! and of course, stunningly beautiful Yar!! Just the best!!

Wesley in this episode alone made it awful without even factoring in everything else

But he always gets an A...

Too bad he didn’t get THAT A

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artwork is looking good, especially Ross

3dkhr96wmq2e.jpeg
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artwork of Yar is just...ughhhh. I totally agree with @Data1001 and his valid points.

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ross looks emaciated. I'm withholding judgment on Yar till I see the whole thing. ;)
  • eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Ross' uniform is wrong too.

The admiral's uniform jacket doesn't have the seamed collar around the neck. Instead, the gold piping goes around the neck and replaces the seam.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm withholding judgment on Yar till I see the whole thing. ;)

You just wanna check out the exposed midriff, see if it meets your expectations. :p

Here you go...

6osxx8zyc2zu.jpg

(Doesn't really help make the rest of it any better, I'm afraid.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, I gotta go with no. Looks like a bunch of watercolors that all bled together. Not great.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The expression and pose and eyes don't match. She is far more terrifying than seductive.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has done a great disservice to Denise Crosby. I'm not typically one to join in the art bashing, but Yar's art is especially jarring when put next to Mirror Garak.
  • fdqrrni7sbd5.jpg

The artwork on Ross looks pretty solid. I for one would be proud to own this card, even if it is a little off w/o the gold striping around the collar as it is here in the pict.
    Incidentally, I wonder if DB made this card because of the 2 year anniversary of Barry Jenner's death. (Aug. 9th 2016)
    Yar, on the other hand IS hideous looking, especially that pose with the hand on the hip. They should have made it like the picture posted earlier in this thread with the hands at the sides, would have look cooler.
    Think DB needs to hire better artists and fire the one that made this if they want to make $$ and please the players more. Hope they don't think they can get away with shoddy artwork.
    Are you reading this Shan? Do something!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the stats are good.
    Let’s fly!
  • DB spelled it wrong, it's a Dominican event. Next week Juicing Sammy Sosa
  • Earhart is easy to draw. all we have are B/W photos of her. Yar has to look like Crosby, much harder. Though I guess Data got there.
  • Why is it that DB artists seem to be at their best when drawing RAF/Pilot crew though?

Bashir, Yar, Mayweather, O'Brien and now Earhart are basically flawless.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    My minor concern there are no Dominion in this week's portion of the Mega Event, just peripheral tangential characters of the Dominion.

I was promised Flying Cars!

For having dropped in the Flying Cars bit, you've just become my new favorite forum member, @Flemming! I recently quoted that in a Twitter conversation. Still amuses me.
    Rape Gang Escapee Yar from "Hide and Q"?

Where No One Has Gone Before.

f6q9cgzr4hyk.jpg

Welp. Flubbed that one.
  • Potato Boat Yar next
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Ross looks like a solid card.

With Yar the cheeks and nose seem off, and the coloring/detail on her shirt. I’ll still play the event, hope to get 4 of Ross and a Yar

• The artwork on Ross looks pretty solid. I for one would be proud to own this card, even if it is a little off w/o the gold striping around the collar as it is here in the pict.
    Incidentally, I wonder if DB made this card because of the 2 year anniversary of Barry Jenner's death. (Aug. 9th 2016)
    Yar, on the other hand IS hideous looking, especially that pose with the hand on the hip. They should have made it like the picture posted earlier in this thread with the hands at the sides, would have look cooler.
    Think DB needs to hire better artists and fire the one that made this if they want to make $$ and please the players more. Hope they don't think they can get away with shoddy artwork.
    Are you reading this Shan? Do something!

The collar is such a DB flub. But it's interesting that they don't just trace the source material...
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Also, it occurs to me that someone at DB should look into the decision making process for Yar variants. To date:

Warship Yar - She dies for the second time
    Duelist Yar - From the most racist episode in the canon
    Polywater Yar - She's so intoxicated she can't meet the legal standard for giving informed consent to sexual activity

What's next for dear old Tasha? Rape Gang Escapee Yar from "Hide and Q"? Hologram Yar delivering her own eulogy?

(I mostly kid about Warship Yar; that's an important episode and merits inclusion. The others, though, are conspicuously problematic.)

Don’t blame DB. Blame the TNG writers. She was only on for season plus a few episodes and they managed to check all the cringe boxes.

Her Wikipedia page is awesome. First it makes a ridiculous claim that the character was a forerunner for strong female characters. Lol. Then it drops the nugget that the writer felt the need to write an episode establishing that she was indeed heterosexual. I wish they had felt the need to not **Chech'tluth** at writing this character. That would have been great.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasha_Yar
    “She was described as a forerunner to other strong women in science fiction, such as Kara Thrace from the 2004 version of Battlestar Galactica, while providing a step between the appearances of female characters on The Original Series to the command positions they have on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager. Questions were raised over the sexuality of the character, and it was thought that the events in the episode "The Naked Now" were designed to establish her heterosexuality.

a46btvvzppew.png

I want a Judoka Throwdown Yar.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or a Sobbing Penalty Box Yar.

(That one must have slipped past the "strong female character" intention!)
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Or a Sobbing Penalty Box Yar.

(That one must have slipped past the "strong female character" intention!)

Hey now, crying is allowed while in the penalty box, captain's orders.

I'd like to see Even In The 24th Century It's The 80s Tasha from 'Haven':

tve3886-322-19871128-0.jpg
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I'd like to see Even In The 24th Century It's The 80s Tasha from 'Haven':
    tve3886-322-19871128-0.jpg

Flock Of Seagulls Tasha

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Yar artwork is okay to me, I actually have more of a problem with the torso, it looks unnaturally long.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Yar artwork is okay to me, I actually have more of a problem with the torso, it looks unnaturally long.

Ah thank you for putting your finger on that — I knew something was really off about the torso, but couldn't place what it was. I decided to compare the artwork to a similar shot from the episode, lining up the screencap on a grid so that her head was the exact same size as the artwork. Take a look at how much further down her navel is...

sjsx4epay83m.jpg

(Also, I think that this comparison points out some of the huge problems I have with the face as it's drawn — for one thing, for some reason she was given a square jaw. 😕 )

• RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooof, that Yartwork is bonkers bad. It looks unfinished or like a first draft or something. I wasn’t particularly interested in the card before, but I guess this seals the deal.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yar looks like a vampire, what kind of skin tone is that?
  • Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in yar at all. Don't like the char, don't like the episode, don't like the art. And i don't unterstand why this kind of persona is comming in an event like that. But thats DB right?
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition