Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Thanks, I've let the relevant team know, thank you for providing screenshots.

As an FYI, this occurs on IOS as well. The main ad runs and when complete, it opens a sub window or app store box and runs for an additional 5 seconds. I'll start reporting these.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    iOS - ads about 95% of the time crash game, (again) for past couple days. Just black screen most of the time, sometimes an ad screen appears frozen with 0:30 timer, then crashes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    iOS - ads about 95% of the time crash game, (again) for past couple days. Just black screen most of the time, sometimes an ad screen appears frozen with 0:30 timer, then crashes.

Getting worse still. Now no ad screen even appears. Just click "ad-warp", black screen-pause, crash, reload game, ad warp, pause, crash, reload, over and over. I gave up after 6 tries.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    On my iPhone 7+ (iOS 13.5.1), this ad for “Trivia Crack” appeared:

9ojx28batt8r.png

It took me directly to the Apple app store:

cxudix62zyy5.png

I backtracked to STT 7.5.3 and tapped the wee triangle in the ad, then used a magnifying glass to determine that the provider is AdColony:

zl23pum8a8d6.png

:disappointed:

EDIT: I have seen AdColony also do that 5-second side-box menu thing.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    maybe this is a better thread to post this question about the ads. there are a ton of "unityadscach-(bunch of letters and numbers)" and a few "MAIN_VIDEO" on my mobile. i didnt know what they were so i clicked them and they are ads from timelines. how do i stop these from being saved on my phone? i have to filter through them when looking for mp3s in my music app. i deleted them all but they eventually come back
  • Options
    On an iPad on iOS. The 5 second sub-box continues but not with every ad. I have been getting lots of ads for games that claim to award real money if you win. I would call that a gambling app, but others may disagree. While I’m not offended by the ads, they also don’t seem consistent with a Star Trek game. Ad Colony serves them.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Couple ads that come up for ad warp or scan or whatever I decide to watch an ad for ... After watching the ad I click the X to close the ad. It instead goes to play store and tells me to install the (insert game or whatever ad was here) I say no..go back to game hit X again to close ad... same thing. I do this for 5 or so times before I either force close the game or the ad finally closes and gives me my stuff. I'm on Android and one device is an older version and another is newest and up to date both do this.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »
    Couple ads that come up for ad warp or scan or whatever I decide to watch an ad for ... After watching the ad I click the X to close the ad. It instead goes to play store and tells me to install the (insert game or whatever ad was here) I say no..go back to game hit X again to close ad... same thing. I do this for 5 or so times before I either force close the game or the ad finally closes and gives me my stuff. I'm on Android and one device is an older version and another is newest and up to date both do this.

It would help to know the ad network presenting these ads, and seeing an example also.
  • Options
    I’ve had this board kings ad several times today. Video plays fully, then nothing. Game is frozen. Screen turns black. No reward. Funny enough I can restart and get the same ad again, which freezes again. No rewards 😭. I play STT on both iphone se2020 and an ipad, all with latest updates. 5unncd6we6r1.png
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    The option to watch an ad isn’t showing unless I restart the game (multiple times a day). Never had to do that before Monday. Can’t fathom why.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »
    The option to watch an ad isn’t showing unless I restart the game (multiple times a day). Never had to do that before Monday. Can’t fathom why.

What device are you using?
  • Options
    Some ads got longer. Instead of usual 30s countdown, I got 51s and no chance to leave the ad. It just switches between the ad and Google Play, basically I just lose control over my device.
    Should it be this way? I mean 30s is OK to support our game, but almost twice that long doesn't look good.
    n8b9z2cq8xa8.jpg
    7lcdbw2jlagw.jpg
  • Options
    guest_1235815762506752 TP uses a third party to provide the ads, so has no control over the length.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few days ago (maybe Tuesday?) I had to restart the app sometimes to get ads. I've done several cadet missions where the 2x ad did not pop up afterward, but when I restart, the 2x ad becomes available after I run a mission.

Motorola Z3
    Android version 9
    Game version 7.6.2
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Shan

I was told to contact you about iheart radio ads locking up my game and me needing to reboot it. I have e-mailed support and they went away before. Well they come back and work 40% of the time now. I spend cadet tickets (sometimes with dil for extra's) I watch an ad and don't get a 2x. I e-mailed support and I get some cadet tokens back. I was looking for extra shuttle boosts on thursday now I get tickets on a saturday for mostly credits. Oh boy I have 23million of them... Ya not really needed. I really want the ad to go away or be fixed. I deleted my iheart radio app on my phone and have said I am not spending anymore on the game till the ad goes away. I usually only spend on the monthly card and the campaign but if everybody does that in a month it ads up. I don't know what more to do.

Thanks for your help
    Kaptain Tailhook
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan

I was told to contact you about iheart radio ads locking up my game and me needing to reboot it. I have e-mailed support and they went away before. Well they come back and work 40% of the time now. I spend cadet tickets (sometimes with dil for extra's) I watch an ad and don't get a 2x. I e-mailed support and I get some cadet tokens back. I was looking for extra shuttle boosts on thursday now I get tickets on a saturday for mostly credits. Oh boy I have 23million of them... Ya not really needed. I really want the ad to go away or be fixed. I deleted my iheart radio app on my phone and have said I am not spending anymore on the game till the ad goes away. I usually only spend on the monthly card and the campaign but if everybody does that in a month it ads up. I don't know what more to do.

Thanks for your help
    Kaptain Tailhook

Hi,

For me to be able to do anything I would need to have a screenshot so we may try to identify the network that is serving the ad.

Please know that for some ad issues the problem lies with the device unfortunately, older devices might not be able to handle some recent ads.

If you are able to take a screenshot next time you see one, please do so. Even better if you are able to click on the network information that should be present.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a unusual number of complaints over the last week about the ad warp option failing to show until the client is restarted. I can confirm that during certain periods, the option only appears once per session and requires a client restart to appear again.

I've already submitted a ticket, but wanted to document it here in case others have the same issue and are looking for confirmation.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a unusual number of complaints over the last week about the ad warp option failing to show until the client is restarted. I can confirm that during certain periods, the option only appears once per session and requires a client restart to appear again.

I've already submitted a ticket, but wanted to document it here in case others have the same issue and are looking for confirmation.

This could be a separate discussion then, with details about platform etc
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

I see this pretty consistently. I primarily play on a Pixel 3 running Android 11. Occasionally I'll play on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E tablet running Android 10 though I can't remember ever having the issue there. I don't play STT on it enough to say that it never happens though.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »

I see this pretty consistently. I primarily play on a Pixel 3 running Android 11. Occasionally I'll play on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E tablet running Android 10 though I can't remember ever having the issue there. I don't play STT on it enough to say that it never happens though.

@Shan are there additional data elements that would be helpful to diagnose this? I see this on a daily basis on my phone and it's really frustrating when I lose out on double cadet ticket rewards.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shan are there additional data elements that would be helpful to diagnose this? I see this on a daily basis on my phone and it's really frustrating when I lose out on double cadet ticket rewards.

It would help to have an idea of how frequent this is, and how many players it affects.
    If it is both on android/iOS and across versions/devices.

That is why I suggested, in this case, to create a separate thread for this.
  • Options
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    A certain ad for Celestial Seasonings tries to force me to log into my Wal-Mart account to continue the ad. I can wait out the timer, but regardless it shouldn't be allowed to do this, in my opinion.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    A certain ad for Celestial Seasonings tries to force me to log into my Wal-Mart account to continue the ad. I can wait out the timer, but regardless it shouldn't be allowed to do this, in my opinion.

I've merged your discussion with this one.

For these kind of issues a screenshot would help as well as the name of the network showing the ad.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Clyde *WhiF*Clyde *WhiF* ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    iqd0i94o2a1b.jpg
    mk4wn1ua3y6h.jpg
    z275ef2m8m6j.jpg
    I actually got sick and tired of dealing with Do not use rep's name. ~Shan about this issue he REFUSES to acknowledge is a problem and dances around it. (ticket #576540) and am refusing to deal with someone with NO customer service OR technical support skills and treats me like a 12 year old noob (about 4 years playing).

The problem is that on both mine and my wife's computers, Mine=windows 10 gaming, steam and windows app, hers=HP all in one windows 10, steam and windows app. PLUS on 3 of our Android devices, Google play. (Forgot this) Windows 8.1 laptop steam and windows app.

Now, after our shuttles are finished we click on 1 to collect and a pop-up comes up and over laps the shuttle screen. Sometimes we have to close the game in order to continue anything and sometimes not. I started reporting it before and right after the last update. Do not use rep's name. ~Shan actually wanted me to video video record my gameplay in order to see it as it happens (WTH) I'm not playing the game so I can sit here doing his job trying to figure this out.

I understand the purpose of the adds, I do. But IF they're going to interfere with gameplay then what's the point of trying to play? If someone reports the problem and are treated like they're an idiot, Then why spend money? You have the ticket number, pics are in the string of 25ish emails sent back and forth and yet the problem persists. Get rid of that loser and hire people that can help.

Other players should ask for someone different if they get Name and unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan
  • Options
    This ad opens the playstore without me touching the screen at all
  • Options
    Clyde *WhiF*Clyde *WhiF* ✭✭
    edited March 2021

I guess because the game is free, they don't care if players are having fun, as long as you're forced to use the click bait, at least that's how Do not use rep's name. ~Shan says it about being free.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I've experienced this too. This is why we have this thread here. They will try to fix it.
    iqd0i94o2a1b.jpg
    mk4wn1ua3y6h.jpg
    z275ef2m8m6j.jpg
    I actually got sick and tired of dealing with **** about this issue he REFUSES to acknowledge is a problem and dances around it. (ticket #576540) and am refusing to deal with someone with NO customer service OR technical support skills and treats me like a 12 year old noob (about 4 years playing).

The problem is that on both mine and my wife's computers, Mine=windows 10 gaming, steam and windows app, hers=HP all in one windows 10, steam and windows app. PLUS on 3 of our Android devices, Google play. (Forgot this) Windows 8.1 laptop steam and windows app.

Now, after our shuttles are finished we click on 1 to collect and a pop-up comes up and over laps the shuttle screen. Sometimes we have to close the game in order to continue anything and sometimes not. I started reporting it before and right after the last update. **** actually wanted me to video video record my gameplay in order to see it as it happens (WTH) I'm not playing the game so I can sit here doing his job trying to figure this out.

I understand the purpose of the adds, I do. But IF they're going to interfere with gameplay then what's the point of trying to play? If someone reports the problem and are treated like they're an idiot, Then why spend money? You have the ticket number, pics are in the string of 25ish emails sent back and forth and yet the problem persists. Get rid of that loser and hire people that can help.

Other players should ask for someone different if they get **** responding to issues, he won't help, he'll just treat you like an idiot.

First off, I think we are not supposed to use the name of CS workers, so I edited those out.

More important, you are right about the bug. It happens frequently. And it is annoying. There is a work-around that helps you keep it from happening. Call it a preventive measure. When you open the game, rapidly click through all the ridiculous special offers once each before doing anything else. If the game knows you saw it once after each time it opens, it leaves you alone.

I'm not saying it is a good solution, but it works for me on my phone. This issue is real and affects players particularly when there are 4 simultaneous "offers" and a DYC, and an event.
  • Options
    And yet the problem persists. just 30 seconds ago. I understand about not using CS names, no worries, the ticket number is there. 43seirubeing.jpg