Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    So if Gloria and Nog are both 5*, and Minuet is presumably the Mega Event recurring 5*, who's the other 4* (beside the Doctor) for next week's event?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    For example, for the Pygmalion event, top-ranking players will be able to earn the following week’s Legendary crew, Gloria, instead of the featured Legendary crew, Tuxedo Nog.

So if I’m understanding this example correctly there will be no way to earn Tuxedo Nog? He will basically be what amounts to a pack only card?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does that mean that you fight for top 1000 for the next week? So if I get top 1000, I will not get the featured 5*, but the 5* for next week? How will we know we want that crew unless we know the stats?
  • Options
    So many requests have been made to update and improve the reward structure, im pretty sure this was very very low down on the list. I understand the money grabbing logic behind it, but this is one of the things that isnt broke... why do it for just the 5*, might as well do it for all the characters

I agree with this in terms of rank rewards. Most of my rank rewards sit at level 1 until the next time that crew member is a bonus (which for many crew will wind up being never).

On the other hand, it would set up a cycle of needing to do well in Week 1 so that you can do well in Week 2 so that you can do well in Week 3, etc. etc. etc. So maybe doing this for the legendary and not the Super Rare is a good compromise
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, first couple questions right off the bat....

Are we going to get stats for *both* the event Legendary and the next event's Legendary with the Tuesday event notes?

How are we going to get Tuxedo Nog? Just sales next week, since there's no way to earn him through the event?

How will bonus crew work? If we are earning Guinan, does Guinan count as bonus crew or just Nog?

Also, ugh, this will make FTM event crew soooooo expensive.

Stats the will be provided with the full event notes that are usually posted the Wednesday prior to the event.

Tuxedo Nog will be available via packs only.

No change to how bonus crew will work. Only event crew for the current event will provide a bonus.

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Are we going to get stats for *both* the event Legendary and the next event's Legendary with the Tuesday event notes?

How are we going to get Tuxedo Nog? Just sales next week, since there's no way to earn him through the event?

How will bonus crew work? If we are earning Guinan, does Guinan count as bonus crew or just Nog?

Stats the will be provided with the full event notes that are usually posted the Wednesday prior to the event.

No change to how bonus crew will work. Only event crew for the current event will provide a bonus.

So we have no idea the skills or stats of the crew we are supposed to fight for? Does that mean we are fighting blind?
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    • There's no synergy in the crew required to obtain the crew you actually want. Ex ... Inner Light picard is the next week's gold, but THIS week, you require bonus crew that are Rom, Winn and Neelix. Do you understand how crazy this sounds?
    • You need to get us stats EVEN EARLIER, which has, historically, been a terrible practice for DB

gonna continue to add bullet points as more issues surface
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we get information about the following week's event *before* the current week's event starts so we can plan whether or not we want to participate in the current event?

If not, will the following week's event information at least come before the first set of event packs rotate out of the time portal?

Otherwise you're expecting players to participate and buy packs blind without knowing what kind of event they will give a bonus for.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Shan,

Can you clarify if a gold is in the rank rewards for week 1 and event crew for week 2, will stats be provided in the week 1 or week 2 notes?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Which Wednesday? Will stats be provided in the Wednesday announcement before the event where the crew is the featured(bonus) crew, or the event where the crew is earnable?

To be specific, on 10/3, will we get stats for Nog and Gloria, or only Nog and then we will have to wait until the following Wednesday(10/10) for Gloria's stats?

If we get Gloria's stats on 10/3, then I like this change. If we're being asked to compete for a card where we won't know the stats until the following Wednesday(or more likely Mon after the event when someone FTM the card), then this is an awful move.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is 100% blatant cash grab, and does nothing for the players.

Really not sure how this is a cash grab, if i end up going for top 1000 very week, I probably can switch to the $50 packs instead of $100.

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the 5* from event 4 of a mega is going to be a part of a future, unrelated event? That seems...odd...

The only positive I see is some potential "ooo what sort of event is THIS character going to be tied to??!!" kind of anticipation (which seems pretty weak imo). Having an additional event character will certainly be helpful in scoring higher, but simply "having enough characters" hasn't been an issue in most events for some time for those able to compete in the top 1000.

On a separate note, F2M races for event 5*s now aren't based on buying packs anymore. 4 Citations and race as soon as the event ends. I guess that's kind of cool?

All in all, this seems like a solution in search of a problem. It isn't really addressing any of the general community qualms about how rewards are structured. It's just changing something different that no one is really asking for for what seems to be negligible gain.
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭

"The threshold rewards change we made for the rerun of the "Family Tree" event was positively received and we are committed to providing the same structure in future reruns!"

Does this mean more 5* crew in the thresholds for re-runs?

This means that for future re-runs you can expect the same threshold rewards structure as found in the "Family Tree" re-run, and see a previously featured 5* be added as a threshold reward.

This is great. Period