Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time DB quickly reconsidered a change based on feedback was the Dilemma daily achievement. Other than that the response is generally, "thanks for your feedback, I have forwarded to the appropriate people" and then it gets filed away and never responded to.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing posted in this thread was ever going to change the short term. They're going to analyze how player behavior changes (more/less engaged, more/less spending) and then re-evaluate things once they have any data. I wouldn't expect any other significant changes on the event rewards front before the end of the year.

I spent nothing this whole mega and that is rare for me. I also only participated in faction parts cuz that’s free and easy. I will participate in the skirmish and buy the dilithium offer only because of the skirmish rewards, not the crew or the reward table change

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The only time DB quickly reconsidered a change based on feedback was the Dilemma daily achievement. Other than that the response is generally, "thanks for your feedback, I have forwarded to the appropriate people" and then it gets filed away and never responded to.

I seem to remember last skirmish they initially announced you would need the trait match for maximum bonus. Then after three days of us on the forums providing negative feedback, it was changed to just needing one of the three event crew.
  • Options
    And, the feedback basically boils down to 3 things:

1. I like the change
    2. I hate the change
    3. I could care less about the change

You missed one.

1. I like the change
    2. I hate the change
    3. I could care less about the change
    4. I could care more about the change

Anyways, we've given our exciting feedback for free, and DB will crunch the financial numbers and then we'll have some more exciting changes (or not) and if so, we'll get another thread to vent in.

Much fun is to be had by all.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This got a lot of feedback. Can anyone tell me if rerun events were discussed? Let's just say hypothetically that the event following the Mega Event were a rerun. Would the final Mega legendary be a rerun?
    (DB, please never do this.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    This got a lot of feedback. Can anyone tell me if rerun events were discussed? Let's just say hypothetically that the event following the Mega Event were a rerun. Would the final Mega legendary be a rerun?

Well if they do reruns like the family tree one they still have a new gold for the rerun and would put the old one in the thresholds if the event being rerun.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Lately, reruns have typically had two 5*s, one new and one the original rerun. Presumably, the rerun would make the rerun 5* available in thresholds and the "new" character would be available in rank rewards in the prior event.
  • Options
    Thank you, @Paladin 27 and @Peachtree Rex . Now that you mention that, it seems like DB had this planned a few weeks earlier than I suspected. And at least thought that part through fairly well.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Thank you, @Paladin 27 and @Peachtree Rex . Now that you mention that, it seems like DB had this planned a few weeks earlier than I suspected. And at least thought that part through fairly well.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Nero84 wrote: »
    After a couple of events I can say that this makes it exceedingly more difficult to rank or makes it more pay to win then it was.

People who ranked in top 1000 have a major advantage over everyone in the next week's event. I think it makes it extremely tough for newer players to advance and may discourage more new players in the long run. While this probably won't happen DB could set the legendary crew for the current week as a threshold just extremely high or better yet change the reward structure.

I have ranked in top 1000 in past 2 events already so it isn't really causing me issues but would still like to feel that people outside of top 1000 aren't heavily handicapped starting out.

Sorry for extending this long thread a little more, but wanted to reply that I changed my initial feeling that the prior legendary would be so event critical. From discussion in my Fleet, those who felt Gloria was very helpful were those who spent to have her 5/5. I did not try to get her, because my frantic levelling of Nog resulted in usefulness for phase 1, but almost zero usage for hybrid phase 2. This taught me that the legendary at 1/5 is worth fighting for if you've got a weak crew for an upcoming faction event, or if you don't want to buy event packs for the following week's skirmish to have the 4* ready. These 2 scenarios hardly make me feel like the legendary is critical, unless you're spending the money/honor to fuse them, which is a small minority of players (and does not concern me).
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The discussion here died down, but I did want to circle back and see if we could get any comment as to whether this reward change is permanent?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked DB, they said its permanent until its not...... :confused:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    the change was cute until you don't know what the next event is, until Friday.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The way I see it I do like the change in the sense that the legendary is (more) usable after the event you win it from but to my mind it’s only advantageous for those that have the resources to level them and still compete for top 1k this may suit veterans but I am not so sure it would suit newer players.

I would personally propose that it reverts back to the old style and make the legendary bonus for 2 consecutive events either big or small bonus for the second event. Either way it makes the crew more “desirable” so it would achieve the same goal, I would think.

Half the time my desire to rank is spurred on whether I get the legendary from an event (hybrid or skirmish) pack but I can’t do that if the event has already passed.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m starting to come around to this event crew idea. Reason bring, if I go for the legendary event crew, I want 5/5 or nothing. So if I play the event and finish it with 3 stars, I have the chance next week to get the other two. The old way was more of a gamble by buying the offer, getting what you get, then hoping you win the perfect anount of stars you need.
  • Options
    I like the change, but that's just because it let's performing well in an event and doing 1 or 2 $25 dyc save me from buying the $99 pack to get me the event card 5/5. Since this actually saves the mega whales cash for that reason, I'd be curious how this change is impacting there sales.
  • Options
    Weekends like this it could backfire. I think people care a lot more for a Picard variant than Geordi’s mom.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    OK, having played with the changes for a few weeks now, I find that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.... I score about the same as I always do and if this helps DB make more $$ than it's all good because it doesn't impact me in a negative way. (unlike the skirmish ship packs that don't drop schematics that I need ... my pet peeve for the day)
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that they are willing to try new things for a system that clearly needs changes.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent a month or so in -
    Faction events, i'll always be top 1000, so I get a gold and a DYS on Monday - so when the packs go on sale that Wednesday, I just have to pull 2 more copies and DYS again. Total spent - $75 (the $25 offer with 5 packs and 2 DYS). In the previous format, I almost always bought the $100 offer - so a month in, I've spent a tad bit less. I know this won't always be the case, as I'll have to do more pulls occasionally.

So that's the 'good' feedback. The 'other' feedback -
    Galaxy, Hybrid and Skirmish events I am always threshold and out, if not sooner. I've had to rank top 1k each week in those, where I previously would not. This has upped my participation which I'm not totally wild about. The world didn't end, the sky didn't fall, water is still wet. Somehow, I can live with my choice.

My VIP0 account is a different story. Got top 1k during the hybrid, got top 1k during the galaxy. Chrons and inventory took a huge hit, was otherwise distracted during the faction portion so didn't even get top 3k there. This week I'll push hard on VIP0, but Mama La Forge ain't exactly a stellar card, and I don't think I will keep her, unless it's a faction event next week, which I won't learn until Friday.

TL;DR - meh.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Galaxy, Hybrid and Skirmish events I am always threshold and out, if not sooner. I've had to rank top 1k each week in those, where I previously would not. This has upped my participation which I'm not totally wild about. The world didn't end, the sky didn't fall, water is still wet. Somehow, I can live with my choice.

"Had to rank top 1k" — no, you didn't "have to"… you could've just done your threshold-and-out thing as before, and bought packs for the next event just as you did before. There's no "have to" about this — which is what makes people's negative responses to this so puzzling. We all have a choice. We can shoot for the top 1000 to give ourselves a slight advantage for the next event, or we can realize that it's more effort and resources than it's worth to us, and simply do what we would've done before this change was implemented. This is a bonus, people — it's adding more to the game, not taking anything away.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

"Had to rank top 1k" — no, you didn't "have to"… you could've just done your threshold-and-out thing as before, and bought packs for the next event just as you did before. There's no "have to" about this — which is what makes people's negative responses to this so puzzling. We all have a choice. We can shoot for the top 1000 to give ourselves a slight advantage for the next event, or we can realize that it's more effort and resources than it's worth to us, and simply do what we would've done before this change was implemented. This is a bonus, people — it's adding more to the game, not taking anything away.

I personally continually send out shuttles, usually at least 6 rounds a day, even if I'm not in an event. Also, with the loads of bonus crew why would I turn down event shuttles at 90+% a shuttle for the faction items they provide when non event shuttles would be ~85%. So many events, event if I didn't care about the rank, I would keep running shuttles in the event factions for the higher success percentages and more faction items, so for some of us even without trying, we are going to wind up top 1000 in a lot of faction events.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe me, in the few weeks it's been since you and I had this discussion, my view has wildly changed. I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence as once was before. Now, I'm not playing the VIP0 account, I'm barely playing the main account, and I'll no longer be competing in events.

I've also stopped trying to play Pokemon and get all the crew as they come out, because while it is sustainable financially, it's irresponsible and, quite frankly, some of the new crew aren't worth the money.

So, ultimately, you're right. I don't have to rank 1k or do anything in reality.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe me, in the few weeks it's been since you and I had this discussion, my view has wildly changed. I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence as once was before. Now, I'm not playing the VIP0 account, I'm barely playing the main account, and I'll no longer be competing in events.

I've also stopped trying to play Pokemon and get all the crew as they come out, because while it is sustainable financially, it's irresponsible and, quite frankly, some of the new crew aren't worth the money.

So, ultimately, you're right. I don't have to rank 1k or do anything in reality.

Well, I'll admit I may have been a bit… reproachful, shall we say, in that original reply. It was just coming on the heels of so many people expressing a similar opinion — that they were feeling "forced" to compete in a week prior to an event that they really wanted to play — and I was starting to get headaches from all the eye-rolling I was doing.

Additionally, I would say that I'm sorry to hear of your cutting back, but alas, that time will come for most of us, if not all of us, eventually. Yet I will state that it's disappointing that someone who obviously once had such a powerful commitment to (and dare I say, love for) the game has become so disillusioned. Then again, I'm sort of amazed that you and some other Ancient Ones I know have lasted as long as you have. (Heck, I'm amazed I've lasted as long as I have.)

Speaking of which, I'm in a slower pullback, myself. For me, however, it's not due to any irritation with the company or their doings, but a feeling of general burnout combined with not finding many of the new crew to be very intriguing (much as you noted above). I dropped my alt accounts a few months ago, and even before then I curtailed the amount of time I spend in-game quite a bit — all in the service of trying to keep the fires burning for as long as possible, even though the hearth may be running ever lower on fuel.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Developer's comment:
    With this change we want to make the ranked rewards more enticing to players who invest in the featured crew early on, while also providing an opportunity for everyone to compete towards a crew who will serve them well in the following event.

This didn't work so well for the past event. DB you upped the game by having us compete "towards a crew who will serve them well in the following event" now you really need to make sure your stuff works (not that you didn't need to before, but...). Silva was of absolutely zero use (for me) during "her event" which is the only reason some folks went after her to begin with (to help them get Data). So not only didn't she serve well, she didn't serve at all.

I was more open to it at first especially with positive feedback from some members. But since this past event - not so much. More opportunity for things to go wrong.
  • Options
    Mark DMark D ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Developer's comment:
    With this change we want to make the ranked rewards more enticing to players who invest in the featured crew early on, while also providing an opportunity for everyone to compete towards a crew who will serve them well in the following event.

This didn't work so well for the past event. DB you upped the game by having us compete "towards a crew who will serve them well in the following event" now you really need to make sure your stuff works (not that you didn't need to before, but...). Silva was of absolutely zero use (for me) during "her event" which is the only reason some folks went after her to begin with (to help them get Data). So not only didn't she serve well, she didn't serve at all.

I was more open to it at first especially with positive feedback from some members. But since this past event - not so much. More opportunity for things to go wrong.

I feel the same way. Originally I thought the change was a great idea, I might actually have a gold event card at the beginning of the event. However the Silva failure how shown how illusory that is given DBs ability to mess up events. What began as annoying has now become farce as the compensation offered is based on ranking, not whether you had a crew that was impacted, and they could not even manage to distribute that correctly.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Can't remember if I posted on this thread, to many pages to check.

Didn't like the idea when it was proposed
    Didn't like the idea when it was implemented
    Don't like the idea now
    Won't like it tomorrow.

I have bought 0 event packs since it started, where previously I would kindly have bought at least 2 or 3.
    (The data events)

Did nothing but minimal in campfire data event and ranked for speak and sing data.

I despise post event pack pulling.

I am going to Weyoun.
    I'm also going to play it.
    I want Weyoun.

He's one of only maybe 3 characters in the franchise that I would do this for.

After Weyoun time is over, no telling when I would buy another pack.

The suggestions of previous system, + two weeks of bonus for 5* is great

Or my favorite
    Previous system + threshold with preview 5* for following week so we have a chance to get past all this 1/5 nonsense.
    It's Ridiculous.

If it were my favorite way, I'd already have a Weyoun and would have pulled at least 2 packs and The $10 deal for two more pulls.

Then I'd pull the event pack one last time..

I won't do all that in this system.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't remember if I posted on this thread, to many pages to check.]
    The suggestions of previous system, + two weeks of bonus for 5* is great

Or my favorite
    Previous system + threshold with preview 5* for following week so we have a chance to get past all this 1/5 nonsense.
    It's Ridiculous.

If it were my favorite way, I'd already have a Weyoun and would have pulled at least 2 packs and The $10 deal for two more pulls.

Then I'd pull the event pack one last time..

I won't do all that in this system.
    I can agree here. Really there is no point buying packs as the drop rates are too low, I've had two useful cards in the last 20+ packs I have bought. That with all the blunders by DB has really lost my consumer confidence in the game.

I like Combs, but I cant be bothered this week and will likely just sit it out, its not like I need another 1/5* anyway.

Jim

DB: Do Better