Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time to implement this change was during the last rerun or to wait for the next rerun. The next weeks 5* crew as ranked with the existing 5 in threshold.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those 1/5s will eat the slots pretty fast. You can't skip them because they will usable next week, you have to FE them, spending crons, replicator fuels, trainings but airlocking a fully equipped legendary after the event is a very harsh move.
    This is only acceptable if all FEd crew can be frozen or the slot limit is erased.

Good points
  • Options
    So at the end of a mega the best I can hope for without buying packs is four old 1/5 golds instead of a new 4/5 gold with better stats?

Hard pass. These mega events were the closest most of us could possibly hope to get a FF legendary, and one that’s actually useful.

This is going to make crew slots even more unnecessarily crammed than they already are; nobody wants to airlock a legendary no matter how useless it is
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I like it.

But of course more work still needs to be done with the reward structure, as has been spelled out numerous times on this board.
    Now that its been confirmed stats are released earlier and I've had some time to adjust (some of us just don't like change 😉) I'm also a bit more excited. There's a few events now where I've ranked under 1000 and the crew I've won have hung around doing nothing because they're only 1/5 and it will be a while before I can add citations. Some other players is my fleet have commented that they feel its a positive change and like the idea the crew they've earned will be useful the week after.

Those 1/5s will eat the slots pretty fast. You can't skip them because they will usable next week, you have to FE them, spending crons, replicator fuels, trainings but airlocking a fully equipped legendary after the event is a very harsh move.
    This is only acceptable if all FEd crew can be frozen or the slot limit is erased.
    This is a REALLY good point. I already have a lot of 1/5s choking me up and right now I can choose if I want to delay equipping them. Levelling will be harder having just a tiny couple of days to do it in, faction items will be awful, potentially this could be quite difficult.

The time to implement this change was during the last rerun or to wait for the next rerun. The next weeks 5* crew as ranked with the existing 5 in threshold.
    Yes! This! This would have made perfect sense.

Still sad (so so sad) (😢😢) that you haven't implemented changes for the 25 -1000 mark (sorry, got to say it again) (really it says in e-mail changes are still possible based on player feedback so maybe if enough of us say it you'll reconsider)

On the whole, cautiously optimistic, and hopeful (as ever) that you're attempting a step in the right direction.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    So at the end of a mega the best I can hope for without buying packs is four old 1/5 golds instead of a new 4/5 gold with better stats?

Hard pass. These mega events were the closest most of us could possibly hope to get a FF legendary, and one that’s actually useful.

This is going to make crew slots even more unnecessarily crammed than they already are; nobody wants to airlock a legendary no matter how useless it is

Yeah, especially not one you just leveled to use in an event... I imagine I'm not going to be going too crazy outside of skirmish events for a while.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much, I'm sure my opinion will be somewhat modified as I finish the thread, but while there are downsides, this can be seen as a win/win. DB gets their cause and reason to sell more packs, and players get a request that previous events contribute to future events and time to pre-level an event crew. Plus, while odd, some sort of ongoing continuity.
    Just give out a single copy of Tux Nog before next week to everyone. If DB insists on this silly idea going forward, giving out a free copy to start is only fair, given that Nog is Packs Only, but all future Event Chars will not be.

This is actually a good idea I think they should listen to. The good will earned and extra event packs sold will more than make up for any "potential losses of future sales" incurred.
    A better idea would have been to put Nog into this event's ranking, and start now, but that's all the farther I'll take that.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

They stated that the new changes only affect ranked rewards, that is, the ranked legendary becoming next weeks featured crew.
    The changes made the threshold rewards only affect reruns.
    I am therefore thinking the recurring crew we get to 4/5 will also remain as it is now. So you will still get a new 4/5 at the end of the mega event.

Slots will definitely be more crammed! I had to freeze 6 super rares yesterday just to make space for event crew, PREVIOUS event crew and a couple of my voyage super rares and then I had another voyage in today with more 😢

24b8ida72k8n.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Why that? In the mega you will still get the recurring legendary, if you play every week as 4/5 like always. The older golds added to the thresholds only applies to reruns...

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What it really means is F2P is dead. There is simply no way to compete like this without spending money. Make it to episode 8 for story content, then delete the app. We'll never make top 1,000 again.

I actually think this helps F2P. Before this change, F2P never had a shot at a 5* event crew providing bonus until the repeat event shows up. Now if you rank under 1k in an event you get a 5* event crew providing max bonus the following week. You'll need to go for 1k every week or be careful about the weeks you don't go for 1k, but you have a chance at a 5* event bonus that was never possible before.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    This works IF and only if, the next week's event type and feature crew are announced the wednesday with the release of this week's event. Example:

Wednesday: Event packs go live for event 1, I can decide if I have the resources to compete for this event. Details are announced for what the next event type is and feature crew, so I can plan how to compete for the following week or not
  • Options
    The response to this change is overwhelmingly negative. DB, can we please get some response - i.e - “We’ll hold until the next event rerun.” or, “We hear you. We will discuss and get back to you.”

This is your chance to improve upon the poor communication that continues to degrade player trust.

@Shan @JazzRiker
  • Options
    This just seems like a terrible and confusing mess of a decision. It puts me off bothering with events at all. What a ridiculous idea. Whoever came up with this would seem to be completely out of touch with the actual players of this game.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do this at the start of a mega event and why do it with Nog? Nog will not be a hologram and can't give bonus the whole month. Why do it in a hybrid event i which we can already get two 4/4 instead of a faction event where we can't? Essentially we have to buy lots of packs to get Nog and get lots of super rares we dont need a fourth star on.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    "For example, for the Pygmalion event, top-ranking players will be able to earn the following week’s Legendary crew, Gloria, instead of the featured Legendary crew, Tuxedo Nog."

I read this as:

If you place in the top 1000 and Win Tuxedo Nog, there is no reason to buy chronotons to level up a 5* that does not have the "hologram trait".

If you instead win "Gloria", you are more likely to level her for the upcoming event. She's not a hologram either, but at least you will have a high level event crew to play with.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This works IF and only if, the next week's event type and feature crew are announced the wednesday with the release of this week's event. Example:

Wednesday: Event packs go live for event 1, I can decide if I have the resources to compete for this event. Details are announced for what the next event type is and feature crew, so I can plan how to compete for the following week or not

100% This. At a start of a faction event I decide if I want to compete for 1k or not. Depending on that decision I change how I do my kickstart for the event. Right now I only look at the 5* stats to make that decision. Now I need to know what next weeks event will be like to see if I want to compete for the 5* this week. By the time Friday rolls around and we're told the details for next week it's already too late to determine the kickstart for the event that started the day before.
  • Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Also... how the heck are reruns going to work? Is it --

a) Going to be the old (or current) rank structure that we've seen, where there is a new gold for rank and the old one is thresholds / pack only? Using Family Tree as an example, new Sarek rank and T'Pol threshold.
    or
    b) A new pack only gold, the old one in thresholds, and next week's event character in the ranked rewards? In the preceding event, will it be the new legendary in the ranked rewards or the old one? Again using Family Tree, Sarek would've been the gold in Valdore Too Far, Trip would have been the gold in Family Tree, and T'Pol would be thresholds.

It's just weird to me to think of something as a rerun if it's featuring an entirely unrelated legendary in the reward table.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just hope that, if they're going to give out Nog (as they should), they'll do it *before* the event and not after people have already purchased him. I've already had to reset the fleet's "Days Since Last DeBacle" counter and I really don't want to have to do it again.

Monday, at the end of the current event, would be the ideal time to hand out a Tuxedo Nog to everyone as that would be when people would have been getting him anyways. Gives people three days to FE him for the event he will be useful in.

Really think either DB adding him into the current threshold, (if it's even possible) so people can earn him or an email should be sent out to everyone to allow them to use him in the event. It would be a great way for DB to say, I know we are changing things up a little and since Nog isn't in the event before we are giving a way to earn or get him.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think over-all this will reduce my participation. I'm not going to waste extra effort and resources in the galaxies, and factions were already borderline not worth it. This just pushes that line farther away, so without going to a percentage or more generous reward system, like this faction, ranking is out and even threshold and out not enticing.

We really need all the coming week's event crew's stats revealed, not just the 5*. And I'd be much more likely to give more participation if I could get a second star for last week's 5* if it was in the next week's thresholds. Even at a higher rating than the last 4* is now. Plus if there was a predictable chance for two DYCs for one crew there would be chances to sell one.

This really feels like a half arsed, un-thought-out, incomplete change.
  • Options
    So, no mega legendary in ranked? We get a week before?
    So basicly you have made legendary crew even harder to get unless people buy event packs. It was nice to earn the 4/5 needed before being able to save the honour to max out a legendary crew. Now you have just made it that unless you buy a load of packs, you get nothing.

Where is all this coming from?

As far as I can interpret this, there is no change to the featured 4/5 Mega Legendary crew who we can all still get through thresholds at 30K or whatever it is each week during the Mega.

This change should only impact the new ranked 5* crew in each event where the top 1000 this week will get a copy in the RANKED rewards at the end that will be the 5* the following week in that event (regardless of whether it’s a mega event or not).

Or am I completely reading this wrong?

No, I don't think you are reading it incorrectly. But you are actually reading, whereas... :smirk:
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    So, no mega legendary in ranked? We get a week before?
    So basicly you have made legendary crew even harder to get unless people buy event packs. It was nice to earn the 4/5 needed before being able to save the honour to max out a legendary crew. Now you have just made it that unless you buy a load of packs, you get nothing.

Where is all this coming from?

As far as I can interpret this, there is no change to the featured 4/5 Mega Legendary crew who we can all still get through thresholds at 30K or whatever it is each week during the Mega.

This change should only impact the new ranked 5* crew in each event where the top 1000 this week will get a copy in the RANKED rewards at the end that will be the 5* the following week in that event (regardless of whether it’s a mega event or not).

Or am I completely reading this wrong?

No, I don't think you are reading it incorrectly. But you are actually reading, whereas... :smirk:
    So where is Nog?
  • Options
    This whole thing is more confusing than a temporal paradox and causality!
  • Options
    edited September 2018