Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I like both Althea's idea and the threshold idea. DB needs to find a way to incorporate both legendaries into the event in order to make this actually work.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I like the change. Well done for mixing things up.
    It makes the ranked reward instantly useful instead of possibly useful at some point.
  • Options
    From what I gather from the announcement there will be a 5* crew in the threshold rewards, but it'll be an existing 5* crew, right?

I'd suggest, instead of making it an old 5* crew, you make it that current event's 5* crew. Most people get through all of the Threshold rewards on Sunday, depending on the event. That should be well enough into the event to not have that much of an impact on the amount of VP needed to be in the top 1,000 as compared to current gameplay. This would also solve a majority of concerns with this plan, that it'll be sooo much harder to get any new 5* crew because you didn't rank highly enough, or even skipped, the last event.
  • Options
    From what I gather from the announcement there will be a 5* crew in the threshold rewards, but it'll be an existing 5* crew, right?

Only on rerun events

• Options

Only on rerun events

Oops, well still, we came up with the same idea. ...I just need to learn to type faster. ;)
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect this and more horrible changes as part of the Tilting Point deal with Disruptor Beam. Tilting Point is going to do whatever they can to try and recoup their $29 million investment.

I'd say we're already pretty tilted.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit gutted I can't win a nog, would love to see him as the final threshold. Also, will every event character give a bonus for the whole mega month?
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Good: earning a legendary by ranking top1000 gives you a major benefit next week. This is really an improvement, because otherwise you are likely to never see your 1/5 recruit in action.

A lot of complaints are again about communication, I think. I had to read the explanation 5 times before I understood. It didn't help that I didn't know who Gloria was :p

Bad: This is a long requested revision of the reward structure. One problem as I see it (and I've seen this voiced many thimes) is the huge difference between ranking top 1000 and getting 1/5 legendary and top25 or top15 when you can get your second copy. My point is, I had hoped for more revision of the reward structure.

Also bad: I was going to go all-in for tuxedo Nog :-(
  • Options
    I think this is a terrible idea and it will defiantly alienate a lot of players,
    The whales will always spend money and this will not change
    but most of the money comes from people who spend casually 10 to 25 per week , and with this reward structure it is not worth it even
    the free players have it the worst because the mega would get them a 4 star legendary guaranteed , and taking this away will probably not convince them to pay up any how

great job DB

DB Do-Better II
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I don't like it.

I rarely get a new 5* ahead of or during an event anyway, unless I happen to buy a pack and get lucky (very rare).

Faction events (and most skirmish events) are the one type of events that I always finish top-1000 to get the 5*, but I don't get it until the event is over anyway.

Galaxy events are usually threshold-and-out, and avoiding the new 1/5* crew is a way of helping me to manage my crew slots.

Currently, this strategy works great for me. However, for faction events that follow a galaxy event, my approach will now put me in a disadvantaged position, since I will be missing the 5* ranked reward crew from the previous event that I didn't try to place in the top-1000 in.

I will now feel forced to compete in an event I would rather skip or go threshold-and-out, because it precedes an event that I want to compete for the top-1000 in.

--

I think this is all a ploy to eliminate the skipping of events, or threshold-and-out on galaxy events.

There is no way in hell that I would do anything more than threshold and out if I don't like character or don't care for it's 1/5 stats.

I have even airlocked several unwanted legendaries - Vash, Augment O'Brien and Lissan.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I don't like it.

I rarely get a new 5* ahead of or during an event anyway, unless I happen to buy a pack and get lucky (very rare).

Faction events (and most skirmish events) are the one type of events that I always finish top-1000 to get the 5*, but I don't get it until the event is over anyway.

Galaxy events are usually threshold-and-out, and avoiding the new 1/5* crew is a way of helping me to manage my crew slots.

Currently, this strategy works great for me. However, for faction events that follow a galaxy event, my approach will now put me in a disadvantaged position, since I will be missing the 5* ranked reward crew from the previous event that I didn't try to place in the top-1000 in.

I will now feel forced to compete in an event I would rather skip or go threshold-and-out, because it precedes an event that I want to compete for the top-1000 in.

--

I think this is all a ploy to eliminate the skipping of events, or threshold-and-out on galaxy events.

There is no way in hell that I would do anything more than threshold and out if I don't like character or don't care for it's 1/5 stats.

I have even airlocked several unwanted legendaries - Vash, Augment O'Brien and Lissan.

Agreed. However, I think some people will now feel compelled to get and level (and possibly citation) a 1/5 crew they don't really want, in order to be competitive enough in the next event, which does feature a 5* crew they badly want. To me, that's the rub.
  • Options
    So basicly you have made legendary crew even harder to get unless people buy event packs. It was nice to earn the 4/5 needed before being able to save the honour to max out a legendary crew. Now you have just made it that unless you buy a load of packs, you get nothing.

Now I've not spent a load on money on this game over the years I've played, but I've spent a bit, and this whole thing smacks of a money grab. Not saying it is, but it sure feels that way. It feels completely like DB is saying "want legendary crew? Then you need to buy them."

Kind of feel like a mug now for supporting this game.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it.

But of course more work still needs to be done with the reward structure, as has been spelled out numerous times on this board.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Okay, first couple questions right off the bat....

Are we going to get stats for *both* the event Legendary and the next event's Legendary with the Tuesday event notes?

How are we going to get Tuxedo Nog? Just sales next week, since there's no way to earn him through the event?

How will bonus crew work? If we are earning Guinan, does Guinan count as bonus crew or just Nog?

Also, ugh, this will make FTM event crew soooooo expensive.

Stats the will be provided with the full event notes that are usually posted the Wednesday prior to the event.

Tuxedo Nog will be available via packs only.

No change to how bonus crew will work. Only event crew for the current event will provide a bonus.

DB needs to give us a way to get Nog in the event otherwise it just feels like a money grab. I like the idea of getting next week's event crew legendary so you can work on him/her for the next event but not if I can't get Tuxedo Nog. The first event this occurs needs to have both legendaries obtainable by playing the event.

Absolutely agree. I was actually quite excited when reading the in-game message, because I thought we were all getting a free copy of the 1st non-recurring event legendary - Nog!

Then I came on the forums, hoping to find out that Nog was instead going to be either a threshold reward or community reward during the first mega event.

I was sorely disappointed on both counts. Pure money grab, and forcing players to play an event they may not want to play, to avoid being disadvantaged in a future event they do want to go all-in for.
  • Options
    Okay, first couple questions right off the bat....

Are we going to get stats for *both* the event Legendary and the next event's Legendary with the Tuesday event notes?

How are we going to get Tuxedo Nog? Just sales next week, since there's no way to earn him through the event?

How will bonus crew work? If we are earning Guinan, does Guinan count as bonus crew or just Nog?

Also, ugh, this will make FTM event crew soooooo expensive.

Stats the will be provided with the full event notes that are usually posted the Wednesday prior to the event.

No change to how bonus crew will work. Only event crew for the current event will provide a bonus.

I am assuming that the featured crew for the last event in the mega event will be the event crew for the first event in November? i.e that this change is not limited to just the mega event but will be on-going and carry over or else Tuxedo Nog would be the guy for the last part of the mega event or you'll be short a guy.

I am not sure that I hate this idea but it will make sitting out of an event more difficult. Some guy already bit my head off in another thread and suggested that I am "addicted" to this game for saying there be no event on Christmas. His point was that: I have a choice not to play. It going to make it much harder to skip events because you will be losing out on 2 weeks instead of one.

I suppose that I will wait and see if it is better ( which in my experience, never seems to be the case with "new and improved") but we will see :)
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    This is 100% blatant cash grab, and does nothing for the players.

Really not sure how this is a cash grab, if i end up going for top 1000 very week, I probably can switch to the $50 packs instead of $100.

But you have to play hard each week. Many of us can push and get top 1000 sometimes, but not everytime. For us, we choose our battles carefully. If we don't know the value of the crew we are fighting for, we have no reason or way to choose the battle.

This is very true. The only event I’ve placed in that top 1k was to get Romulan Picard. I pulled one from a pack and wanted to get a second. If I don’t know what I’m competing for why would I bother?

• Options
    Brunt, FCABrunt, FCA ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    59wqh02zgg7k.gif

So, the one crewman I actually care about has had the chance of earning taken away and now I’m forced to purchase?

Right? Normally I'd be willing to give this change a chance, but now that Nog is relegated to a glorified Tuesday Legendary...what a punch in the gut.
  • Options
    I totally understand the logic here that getting the next event's crew will allow people to actual use the reward, but this change is only going to make the top 1000 a more exclusive club. Those of us who only have the crew/resources to 'go for the gold' once in a while will be at a disadvantage because we won't have earned the gold bonus crew the previous week. Maybe this would be viable along with other changes to the reward tiers that have actually been requested by players.

What if instead of this, there were just two gold event crew per event - maybe one new and one existing, or could both be new though that would be harder to do - with one (the existing one) in pack only and one as the ranked reward? Kind of like what happens with repeats. Those that want to buy and level up the pack 5* can do so and use them as bonus, and the ranked reward is still a new 5* that people want to compete over because they want a new 5*. Given how difficult it is to get into the top 1000 already, I don't think the fact that it's too late to use them for event bonus is really stopping players from competing for new 5*s.
  • Options
    Tuxedo Nog wa the one I was looking forward to the most and now there’s no way to get him unless I spend money and potentially waste it not being able to get him in packs...