Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    This is not the change in reward structure that the player-base has been asking for. Not sure what the driving force was behind this change, but it is a most unwelcome change.
  • Options
    So confussed, how about some screenshots of the dumpster fire?

So, no mega legendary in ranked? We get a week before?

This is just confussed unless you look through the greedy cash grab lens. More and more reasons to uninstall it seems...

Mega Legendary is always threshold, not ranked.
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    @Shan with this being the first run of this set up please mail each player 1 copy of Tuxedo Nog as that would solve a lot of peoples frustrations. Once that is mailed having him not in ranked rewards for his event will no longer be an issue.

Honestly, they can keep Nog. I'd be happier if they canned the change and left things as is.
  • Options
    shahekeeshahekee ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    @Shan This still doesn't help with the issue of know the following week's ranked reward. Let's say the card I really want will be the ranked reward in the event starting on October 11th. The best way for me to get that card is to do well in the event starting on October 4th. Can we please get the information about the featured crew (and ideally stats too) for the October 11th event before the October 4th event starts? If it isn't given until October 5th, I might have missed the opportunity I needed to do well in the Event that starts on the 4th to do well in the event on the 11th.

I hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    @Shan with this being the first run of this set up please mail each player 1 copy of Tuxedo Nog as that would solve a lot of peoples frustrations. Once that is mailed having him not in ranked rewards for his event will no longer be an issue.

Honestly, they can keep Nog. I'd be happier if they canned the change and left things as is.

I too would rather keep the current set up over this change. But if they are committed to this it would make things fare and a good token of good will to mail everyone a copy of Nog to make up for the fact he isn't in this weeks ranked rewards.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So confussed, how about some screenshots of the dumpster fire?

So, no mega legendary in ranked? We get a week before?

This is just confussed unless you look through the greedy cash grab lens. More and more reasons to uninstall it seems...

Mega Legendary is always threshold, not ranked.

But think of the cash flow if that one becomes pack only, too!
  • Options
    It kind of unbalances megas too. Get the gold in the first and you've got an advantage for the second, dominoing to the third and fourth. Not everyone is going to be in the top 1000
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This one works with one change.

Put off the mega one week and make Tuxedo Nog the reward for a pre-mega original event.

Other than that, I consider this an attempt to be nice that some stupid retarded acorn brain screwed up.

As such, In response to this, this will be the first mega that I will not DYC the Mega character. Nor will I buy any packs even trying to get Nog or FF any 4s during the pure faction.

It's honestly a good idea, but really, you gotta do what Chipowski tells Cookie Monster on Sesame Street. Stop and Think Things Through.

The transition to this methodology was NOT thought through.

Amended:

One other way to make this work... Give everyone 1 star on Tuxedo Nog to kick off the event.

You do that once change, and I'm back in your corner on this.
  • Options
    Uughghhghhhh this is such a bad idea. @Shan if the players don’t like it then can it be changed ??????? “Majority Rules”.........
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Horrible change. Yes , many players asked for a change of reward table,
    but i m pretty sure thats not what they meant. :s

If u wanna ensure more players go all out every event, just try adding some citadations alongside the current/old reward table. F.e. Top25 grants u 2 event legendaries and 1 Leg citadation, and so on. Its pretty obvious this hole change is just to increase revenue and event pack buys.... but maybe the exact opposite will happen....when u have more players burning out, thx to this.

Sorry, after some nice calls lately, this is huge step backwards imho. :/
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Why not see how things work and then judge, stop with already putting down everything that DB is trying to put up. Maybe it's **tsk tsk**, but let's wait and see if it is.
  • Options
    I'm pleased with the rerun structure, now we just need more reruns.

I'll reserve judgement on this new feature, but it's clear that I will not get Nog.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temporarily putting aside the engraved invitation for player burnout...

If this is the case, are we able to get the ship ability as part of the stats? That can be a key part of a crew's desirability.

Additionally, could we start this tradition of 5* stats now with Nog's stats?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope DB is open to seeing how the mega goes, then adjusting. There's some good points about this being negative to new players. Especially the domino effect.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not see how things work and then judge, stop with already putting down everything that DB is trying to put up. Maybe it's **tsk tsk**, but let's wait and see if it is.

We already know how one part is... that's one of the points.
    A character some of us have been requesting for a while now is both new, featured crew and pack only.

That's not putting down everything new, that's factual based criticism.
  • Options
    Just give out a single copy of Tux Nog before next week to everyone. If DB insists on this silly idea going forward, giving out a free copy to start is only fair, given that Nog is Packs Only, but all future Event Chars will not be.

THIS! +1
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    As a paying player I can see the benefits as if you rank high in the first event then you are in a great position for the next event and will potentially save them money.

The problem with this is that there are no additional changes in reward structure. DB is simply making it harder for people to compete for top 1000 without paying but at the same time those who regularly rank high get a boost for the next event.

Now the goal is obviously to give incentive to purchase packs which is fine to me but if you truly want to give people a true incentive then provide a balanced reward structure. People who get in the top 25 are spending money already and you are actually giving them a reason NOT to spend money in the next event and they are probably the people that consistently are spenders.

I am happy to see how this plays out but when I saw the title I was super excited and then super disappointed.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Regarding stats of the ranked reward 5*, they will be added in the full event notes prior to the event in which they will be the reward.

Example:
    Next Wednesday the full event notes for the first part of the Mega-Event will be posted.
    These notes will include the stats for the featured event crew and the stats of the 5* ranked reward as well.

but this doesn't address the NEXT event. we would need to know the characters & stats for the following event to know if the current event is worth playing for to get the gold who will be relevant the following week. @SilverRose outlined how it will snowball into future events rather well.

It does address it.

Shan says it will have the stats of the featured event crew (Nog) AND the stats of the 5* rank (the next week's event reward).

So, yes, it will have the stats for both of the relevant 5*s on Wednesday before the first event starts.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I get the idea behind this and I think it's fine. But what about event #1 of the new way?

What about the fact that 5x as many people are playing now for the same rewards?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding stats of the ranked reward 5*, they will be added in the full event notes prior to the event in which they will be the reward.

Example:
    Next Wednesday the full event notes for the first part of the Mega-Event will be posted.
    These notes will include the stats for the featured event crew and the stats of the 5* ranked reward as well.

I'm not inclined to like the change, but at least my primary concern is satisfied. Thank you. Perhaps I will come to like it. As previously stated, we would all appreciate the crew's ship ability being posted early as well, since that can make a big difference in the crew's desirability.
  • Options

Example:

I'm not inclined to like the change, but at least my primary concern is satisfied. Thank you. Perhaps I will come to like it. As previously stated, we would all appreciate the crew's ship ability being posted early as well, since that can make a big difference in the crew's desirability.

Agreed. Some crew will undoubtedly look very uninspiring, then (too late) after someone is able to post the skills in the forum after the event is OVER, we all find out they're a new skirmish powerhouse card. It's unfortunate we won't know the super-rare crew or stats, but at least the ship ability should be shared of the legendary.
  • Options
    If you cant play or put as much time as required in for the event this screws you over for further events like a domino effect.

Miss week 1, stops you from been competitive week 2 and means you need to work extra hard to catch up in time for week 3 and means all the work you did in week 0 were for something you haven't used and may not use again until the re-run.
  • Options
    shahekee wrote: »
    My idea would be to put the crew in the threshold the week they're event crew. Maybe like 300K for Faction and 400K for Galaxy?

That works as well. Make it the last threshold reward