Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    r9n0oniyda17.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    This is 100% blatant cash grab, and does nothing for the players.

Really not sure how this is a cash grab, if i end up going for top 1000 very week, I probably can switch to the $50 packs instead of $100.

You make the top 1K the week before: you are more likely to buy packs you wouldn’t have bought the week after.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Maybe I'm a bit naive, but I'm not seeing the "blatant cash grab" aspect of this. A F2P player could FF a 5* the event before it happens via citations and then use it to compete. It makes it cheaper for spenders to FF a card they're chasing because they'll get the first copy from the prior event instead of having to buy it.

If anything, this would inspire LESS spending from the "fully fuse em" crowd, as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    I like this idea in theory however I feel the execution is bad.

A better execution would be:
    Give both next week and this week, probably starting with next week's at around 2000 to 1500.
    Change to a percentage based rank structure.
  • Options
    So, Gloria won't provide a bonus for this week or be in this week's packs, amiright?

Nog will be in packs and provide a bonus, but he will not be in rewards.

And after the mega is over there will be a spare hologram looking for an event.

Okay I'm going to have to think about this. It's weird and doesn't allow you to sit out an event too readily.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Really not sure how this is a cash grab, if i end up going for top 1000 very week, I probably can switch to the $50 packs instead of $100.

I agree with this. For the $100 spenders, they will be able to spend $50 instead, then $25 on DYC. They will miss out on 5 event packs, but will that really be a concern when saving $25?

It looks like what @eXo | SilverRose said - they are playing on "fear of missing out" mentality.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Wait. @Shan is this like, from now on or just for the mega to try it out?

(Please be just for the mega!!)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    This structure makes little to no sense.

The way it is setup currently, and even with this update, it appears there is little to no difference in the reward from 1,000 to 25. I don't see how changing the 5* will effect level of effort.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. @Shan is this like, from now on or just for the mega to try it out?

(Please be just for the mega!!)

The way it was described in the announcement post this is everything going forward.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well actually skirmish event's performance won't be impacted by this.
  • Options
    doesn't allow you to sit out an event too readily.

That right there is what this looks to be about (or at least it will be the net consequence even if supposedly unintended). Goosing participation in events by awkwardly linking each event with the next one, so if you sit one out you're left at a disadvantage the next week.
  • Options
    So confussed, how about some screenshots of the dumpster fire?

So, no mega legendary in ranked? We get a week before?

This is just confussed unless you look through the greedy cash grab lens. More and more reasons to uninstall it seems...
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea, unnecessarily confusing.... the AMOUNT of crew given at each rank needed work a lot more than - whatever this idea is - did
  • Options
    I think this will just be confusing.

But I agree the reward structure is in desperate need of upgrading.

I guess their thinking is the five star reward won’t help you with the current event since you won’t get it until it’s over. And likely the people at the very top already have it maxed from buying packs.
  • Options
    It's not going to help me. I only go for holds of I'm interested in stats or the crew. I don't want one merely for next week's event.

Also, I want to know the stats I don't want to blindly get a dip/med for no reason at all, and I don't want to chase golds to help me get another gold I may or may not know the stats of.

And it's like 4 in the morning. I should be sleeping. Wut?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Regarding stats of the ranked reward 5*, they will be added in the full event notes prior to the event in which they will be the reward.

Example:
    Next Wednesday the full event notes for the first part of the Mega-Event will be posted.
    These notes will include the stats for the featured event crew and the stats of the 5* ranked reward as well.

Thank you. Please consider adding the ranked SR and their stats as well.
  • Options
    iy92askrymql.gif

We need to have the Mega rewards they were for the past Megas.
    Sweet and straightforward.
    It was better for newer players to at least do better in the later events by 'building up' the Mega character as the weeks went by. Now it seems it's going to be more difficult unless you throw $$$ at the packs to just be able to have a chance at ranking high.
    This is not cool nor fair. Way to try to raise your profits DB and cut the little guys out from your supporting 'whales'
    And just when you though DB was going to try to please EVERYONE, they turn around and do something like this.
    Yes, the legendary threshold was good in the last event, but we didn't have to buy packs to do better in the event.😑😔
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my perspective, it is a bit confusing especially not knowing stats in advance and doesn’t really address the big problem in the rewards tables (which is basically there are two reward ranks 1-25 and 25-1000).

Next week is unlikely to have a huge impact on competitiveness as it’s Galaxy the week after so maybe you will get a couple extra rare items because you have a 1/5 Gloria which is not a big deal.

It will probably have it’s biggest impact on Faction only events the week after as having an additional legendary would help especially if bonus crew is limited (but in the upcoming mega with a zillion holograms, I don’t think it will make much of a difference).

As a player who seldom goes top 25 but always tries for top 1000 (and only buys packs on faction events using saved DIL from monthly cards), this actually helps a little as you wouldn’t believe how many 1/5 I have that are sitting there because there was no point leveling them post event. Now it means I will likely level characters on Monday after I get them so will mean the backlog of unlevelled characters will likely start to fall to zero. So I guess this is a slight positive as I’ll get some immediate use out of my 1/5 rewards instead of waiting half a year and hope the character or trait shows up in an event again. For example, I’m leveling Captain Nog now in preparation for next week as I left him sitting forever as he is of little use elsewhere.
  • Options
    doesn't allow you to sit out an event too readily.

That right there is what this looks to be about (or at least it will be the net consequence even if supposedly unintended). Goosing participation in events by awkwardly linking each event with the next one, so if you sit one out you're left at a disadvantage the next week.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm worried about.
    It's weird and doesn't allow you to sit out an event too readily.

Maybe that's why they've done it.

Rerun legend in threshold rewards - extra cool!

Leap frog legendary in ranked rewards every week - currently on the fence checking what state the grass is in

No change to the 15 - 1000 ranked rewards - awwww that's really REALLY disappointing tbh. Such a fantastic opportunity to have made a really great change that would have pleased a lot of players. Not to mention encouraging additional spending. If I could get 2 copies at say rank 500, I'd spend more money on boosts in factions. I'd buy event packs with cash. Id also be willing to spend my chrons and maybe buy event packs for galaxy because at the moment I don't, I sit them out.

I think this is geared to encouraging people to participate in events more, and I have to admit I'm a little worried it's going to push those newbies right out the door. They can get a shot at the legendaries that don't have through the roof stats because the veteran players with a million hoarded chrons sit those events out. If nobody knows stats, everyone will rush to the door and newbies wont get a look in, except from really really far away. They already struggle with factions, I pulled 4 event packs last night and didn't get a single Tucker. I'd planned to get an event pack next week (even though its hybrid), but wow, think its going to be a #bloodbath

I think that about sums it up.