Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you in advance for any response.
  • Options
    I am using the same ship.
  • Options
    I am using the same ship.

Welcome newer player.

Consider editing your post instead of making 4 posts in a row. The timing of voyage increments does not change with longer voyages. To push to longer voyages, focus on making your featured and secondary skills for the voyage higher than the others. The other skills will fail earlier, but the featured skills come up a lot more often so your voyage lasts longer.

Also, beginner questions belong in the ready room forum
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/categories/ready-room

Also, you are replying to a discussion about a specific event rewards change, your question is way off topic.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Shan

It's a small thing, but it's kinda weird to see Gloria's face in the "Starts in" timer countdown. Any chance of getting that switched to the current event's five star?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Hey @Shan

It's a small thing, but it's kinda weird to see Gloria's face in the "Starts in" timer countdown. Any chance of getting that switched to the current event's five star?

I have let the team know but I do not think we will be able to change it for this event.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Hey @Shan

I have let the team know but I do not think we will be able to change it for this event.

Kinda figured it was done for this one, but thanks for looking in to changing it going forward.
  • Options
    This event does not effect me at all. Wont get to 1000 or higher range.
  • Options
    Still have the chance to get current event 5star in event as well
  • Options
    Fusion of two alike crew seems to be recommended vs. using citations. Why?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Because citations cost honor. Why would you waste honor when you have multiple copies of the same crew. The only reason to use citations is if you don't have extra copies of the crew.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Because citations cost honor. Why would you waste honor when you have multiple copies of the same crew. The only reason to use citations is if you don't have extra copies of the crew.

If that didn’t make sense and you still want to use citations, airlock the extra copies, use the cites, then re-enlist the extra copies.

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

Could I please politely point out that this thread is for discussion of the recent changes to event ranked rewards.

I think you’d be more likely to get better answers if you posted your questions in the ready room section of the forums.
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    What we really need is an expansion of threshold rewards and achievements. Everyone will be happy - DB will sell more chronitons and packs, whales will get even more loot to show off, the rest will play a lot more and have a chance to ff more crew. We have some weeks with 2 new legendaries, so there is plenty of room to grow.

• Options
    I think there are four general groups. This should exclude top 25 players as getting there requires resource burn and time the likes of which this change won’t impact one way or another.

1. Whales. Don’t like it because it means 1000 (less whales) other will have event 5* to compete whereas only those who pulled packs and DYC, etc used to which means harder competition especially in faction events with limited crew.
    2. Often top 1000. Like it because it gives you a chance to use the 1/5 you earn. Also helps compete against whales and keep the not 1000 from taking your place.
    3. Seldom top 1000. Don’t like it as it’s now harder to beat the often top 1000 as they will have a continuous slight advantage.
    4. Never top 1000. Shouldn’t give a toss either way.

In all cases, the “advantage” is not that serious as one additional 1/5 will seldom make or break your event. Galaxy is more about chroniton burning and mindless crafting. Skirmishes about chroniton burn and mindless button tapping ad Infinitum. Faction, seldom one character will make a huge difference with the biggest impact being on shallow bonus character pools which we won’t see for a month at least given the hologrampalooza we about to embark on. Expeditions... yeah they would be very affected by the change because an event 5* would be awesome for max vp. But we haven’t seen an expedition in donkey’s years now and they are getting rather rarer than sightings of the Loch Ness monster.

I think the real anger is being directed at the lack of restructuring of the rewards table overall; a subject on which most of us concur regardless of our view on this change. They have already said they will revisit it but not until after the mega. This change, however, is more a tempest in a teacup IMO. But yay to free Nog... now if only I can get some crew slots 😜

I agree with you, but there's one more thing to consider. I fall into group 3 or somewhere between 2 and 3 but closer to 3. It's possible (I guess that's one of the change's purposes) that there will be more competition and a lot more people will try to always rank above 1000 (just see Belle'Anna and Synthetic's comments). That would definitely make things harder for group 3 players.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This change ѕuckѕ on multiple fronts. If I miss one of the top 1k rewards it puts me at a severe disadvantage for future rewards. For this reason I have to continue to push for top 1k against ever increasing competition every single event regardless of how terribly garbage the top card is and you know as well as I do that most of those cards are complete dumpster fires at 1/5* and are therefore just a waste of space in my crew quarters. A few other minor issues with it like how confusing it is looking at the event crew vs the rewards list. I had to keep reminding myself who the hell Gloria was for this first event. "Oh, that's right. She's for the next one." Over and over.

I've survived a lot of DB's horse crap up until now, but I won't survive this one. I'm officially retiring at the end of this Mega event. Reversing this stupid aѕѕ decision might get me to stay, but I don't know. This was monumentally idiotic and dumb. In no scenario can I even conceive of how anybody thought this was a good idea without introducing chemical influence or severe head trauma to the equation.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change ѕuckѕ on multiple fronts. If I miss one of the top 1k rewards it puts me at a severe disadvantage for future rewards. For this reason I have to continue to push for top 1k against ever increasing competition every single event regardless of how terribly garbage the top card is and you know as well as I do that most of those cards are complete dumpster fires at 1/5* and are therefore just a waste of space in my crew quarters.

This was monumentally idiotic and dumb. In no scenario can I even conceive of how anybody thought this was a good idea without introducing chemical influence or severe head trauma to the equation.

But you already highlighted the point. Most 1/5 are useless and people no longer feel like competing for them. So instead of improving 1/5, letting us vault 1/5, improving ranked rewards overall, or doing any number of other things people have asked for, DB decided to try and force players to play 1 week to get a worthless 1/5 so that that 1/5 can be used to earn another worthless 1/5 the following week. Sure we players don't like having to compete every week, but DB wants us to. So this is there attempt to force exactly that.
  • Options
    This was by far the worst change ever. I don't think it benefits any group of people. I understand why they did it, to make it so that players who achieved rank 1000 could benefit from the ranked rewards yellow crew in the upcoming event as well and it's a nice idea but they removed the packs which meant that no one was able to get the ranked rewards 5* earlier which I think is a bad thing for several reasons.
    1. It doesn't give whales any incentive to spend on packs at the end of the event and let's face it, whether you like whales or not they are paying for all the f2p players as well which bring in little to no money into the game.
    2. We don't know what we are competing for. Ship abilities are one of the most important reasons now for partly skirmishes but also the arena. Surprises are not a smart business move.
    3. People who didn't make top 1000 will be at a disadvantage from the first moment in the event. Way to go to slowly but surely eliminate competition. This will be especially noteworthy in faction events. And let's not kidding ourselves, whales will probably always place within top 1000 anyways they will not be affected by it that much. No the ones who will take the biggest blow is the ones who compete for top 1000 but are not whales. Eventually if the actual rewards structure is remaining the same then we will be left with 1000 or more whales competing with each other for the top crew while the rest of the players will get no 5*. The player base has grown so much since the events started that it is already really hard to hit the top 1000 place, it's ridiculous that it is still at the same level. I don't know why DB can't just move to a % ranking like in the arena.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve waited until after the first event to chime in on this. Basically, it played out exactly how I thought it would. It increased competition for the top 1k by an absurd amount. The people in my fleet that struggled to place in the top 1k before didn’t stand a chance this week. I’m afraid this change is going to run a lot of those players off. If it causes people in my fleet to start quitting the game, I’ll be going with them.
  • Options
    Just wait until you see what this effect will have during non mega faction events. Good luck trying to compete against people who will have the event crew at lv100 from the very beginning.
  • Options
    Just wait until you see what this effect will have during non mega faction events. Good luck trying to compete against people who will have the event crew at lv100 from the very beginning.

I think you way overrate the effect a 1/5 event legendary has in an event.

Looks more to me like „some“ ppl are looking for another excuse, not being able to make Top 1000. Prob same folks who didn t made it before the change as well(just with a different excuse, why they couldn t make it). ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks more to me like „some“ ppl are looking for another excuse, not being able to make Top 1000. Prob same folks who didn t made it before the change as well(just with a different excuse, why they couldn t make it). ;)

Very true. A 1/5 at triple bonus more than likely will not eclipse a 5/5 at double bonus

• Options

Did you just play the same event we did? It was way more competitive than usual. For the players that struggled to rank before, DB has essentially moved the goalposts again. 1000 players having at least a 1/5 legendary with a 3x bonus isn’t a minor deviation from the way things were before.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way 1,000 players are getting top 1000. It’s not like now only 100 players are capable of getting top 1000. No, 1000 people will always get top 1000 therefore the exact same amount of people are capable of getting top 1000.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Either way 1,000 players are getting top 1000. It’s not like now only 100 players are capable of getting top 1000. No, 1000 people will always get top 1000 therefore the exact same amount of people are capable of getting top 1000.

The problem is that this new system favors the SAME 1000 players always getting top 1k.

I am not a fan of the new system either. In fact I hate it. But I see no difference in a different set of people getting top 1000.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two problems with this analysis:

1) In any given event up until now, roughly 1200 people are capable of making a top-1000 run in any given week. Some obviously don’t make it and those who do don’t make it that far in on a VP basis (see also the historic flatness in scores from rank 1000 to, say, rank 750). The rewards change hasn’t necessarily changed the number of people who are willing to compete but the 200 people on the outside looking in are going to fight harder to get in, while those already in will fight harder to stay in. This increases the gap between the consistent top 1200 and the rest of us who save up for a deep run on an occasional basis. Which leads me to...

2) VIP0, F2P, and others who are not consistent top-ranking players are going to have a harder time making one-off runs to the top 1000 to get a character they really want. This does two things simultaneously: incentivize spending (the intended outcome) and disincentivize overall game engagement among non- and light-spending players (oops). If people are quitting outright, giving up on monthly cards, or just lay dormant for longer periods while husbanding resources for someone they really want, DB loses out on opportunities to get money from them.
  • Options

The problem is that this new system favors the SAME 1000 players always getting top 1k.

I am not a fan of the new system either. In fact I hate it. But I see no difference in a different set of people getting top 1000.

You might if you were always 1001+.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might if you were always 1001+.

Then this should be no different to those people if they are 1001+ regardless of the format.