Home The Bridge
Options

Event Ranked Rewards Change - post questions/feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    StygianStygian ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This idea would be great if they set it at a higher threshold rather than ranked rewards.

Currently 250k is the max threshold on faction events. Many people go way past this...

So... Introduce a 400k threshold that gives next week’s gold and you challenge everyone to push that little bit harder and not just those lucky few that hit top 1000. The same approach could be taken on the other events...
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Elynduil wrote: »
    So, no mega legendary in ranked? We get a week before?
    So basicly you have made legendary crew even harder to get unless people buy event packs. It was nice to earn the 4/5 needed before being able to save the honour to max out a legendary crew. Now you have just made it that unless you buy a load of packs, you get nothing.
    So at the end of a mega the best I can hope for without buying packs is four old 1/5 golds instead of a new 4/5 gold with better stats?

Hard pass. These mega events were the closest most of us could possibly hope to get a FF legendary, and one that’s actually useful.

Where is all this coming from?

As far as I can interpret this, there is no change to the featured 4/5 Mega Legendary crew who we can all still get through thresholds at 30K or whatever it is each week during the Mega.

This change should only impact the new ranked 5* crew in each event where the top 1000 this week will get a copy in the RANKED rewards at the end that will be the 5* the following week in that event (regardless of whether it’s a mega event or not).

Or am I completely reading this wrong?

No, I don't think you are reading it incorrectly. But you are actually reading, whereas... :smirk:
    So where is Nog?

How is Nog the Recurring Mega Event Legendary? It is Minuet.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    JazzRiker wrote: »
    We realize the timing of this change does not allow for players to earn Nog, Dressed to the Nines Tuxedo Nog, so we will be sending all players a free copy of this new Legendary crew on Tuesday, October 2!

Good one. I don´t care overly about Nog, but as we have seen some do. And to start the new event structure it is the "nice" thing to do.

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    We realize the timing of this change does not allow for players to earn Nog, Dressed to the Nines Tuxedo Nog, so we will be sending all players a free copy of this new Legendary crew on Tuesday, October 2!

We are also evaluating all event rewards for possible changes. While we don’t have a definitive date for these potential changes, we can tell you there will be no changes until after the Photonic Fantasies Mega-Event has finished.

Reiterating points Shan made because I saw some confusion in this thread:

- Stats will be provided with the full event notes that are usually posted the Wednesday prior to the event. These notes will include the stats for the featured event crew and the stats of the 5* ranked reward as well.
    - There are no changes to how bonus crew will work. Only event crew for the current event will provide a bonus."

My only criticism of the details in this post is learning that the new Nog was seemingly almost called "Nog, Dressed to the Nines"...and that someone actually thought "Tuxedo Nog" was better.

Seriously though, thanks for the clarifications @JazzRiker!
  • Options
    Brunt, FCABrunt, FCA ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Ok, I rescind my earlier comment lol. Genuine thanks to DB then! Been wanting a "Paper Moon" Nog for forever, and now I can go into the new reward format with a totally open mind.
    Brunt, FCA wrote: »
    Right? Normally I'd be willing to give this change a chance, but now that Nog is relegated to a glorified Tuesday Legendary...what a punch in the gut.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basicly you have made legendary crew even harder to get unless people buy event packs. It was nice to earn the 4/5 needed before being able to save the honour to max out a legendary crew. Now you have just made it that unless you buy a load of packs, you get nothing.
    So at the end of a mega the best I can hope for without buying packs is four old 1/5 golds instead of a new 4/5 gold with better stats?

Hard pass. These mega events were the closest most of us could possibly hope to get a FF legendary, and one that’s actually useful.

As far as I can interpret this, there is no change to the featured 4/5 Mega Legendary crew who we can all still get through thresholds at 30K or whatever it is each week during the Mega.

This change should only impact the new ranked 5* crew in each event where the top 1000 this week will get a copy in the RANKED rewards at the end that will be the 5* the following week in that event (regardless of whether it’s a mega event or not).

No, I don't think you are reading it incorrectly. But you are actually reading, whereas... :smirk:

So where is Nog?

There is Nog

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I guess some of you who have big stockpiles of chrons, buying a pack and getting a gold, you're used to rapidly leveling an event crew legendary in time for the event. For earlier players like me who typically only have up to 1 week of chrons stockpiled for a galaxy event, this change is brutal. Now if I want to try and compete in the galaxy event, I need to level up a legendary during the week before it. So, I'll have almost zero opportunity to save up chrons for galaxy events. Like they were not hard enough already to compete in???

I’m in the exact same boat as you. No big stockpile and save up a week or so in advance. Except I think three days to level a lengendary is pretty easy without blowing through a lot of Chron. Firstly, I still have farmed reserves of the Galaxy items in reserve (generally at least 100-200 of the harder items). Second, that means I generally have no problem leveling a legendary to 70-80 without doing anything at all. Three days of ad warps for hard to drop 4* items along with replicator easily gets the job done without blowing Chron.

3 days = 12 replicator uses at minimum. That's the final 70-100 items. If you can level a legendary to 70, you can finish them in 3 days spending 0 additional chrons or items.

AviTrek, try to put yourself in the shoes of someone at this stage of game development. Replicating all equipment from 70-100 would more than wipe out both my credits and replicator rations, though my trainers are piling up since I finished the 2/3* crew so replicator rations are becoming less of an issue.

I know which is why I said ad warps and replicator for three days is usually enough to FE a 5*. Plus maybe the odd faction item from shuttles if you are missing them. The key is to minimize replicating 5* items as they eat credits and replicator fuel like crazy. Try to assemble hard to drop 4* items (24 Chron missions) using ad warps and maybe replicate hard to make 4* items (you know the ones with lots of faction items and 4 x 3* casings and such to build).

Doing it this way, my credit count generally still goes up along with my replicator rations so actually I’m not really short on anything... oh and on off days use the replicator to make like 0* holodecks that are faction only and cost very little to replicate and over time you will stockpile a tonne of those and science experiments, and medical experiments, etc. as well as running cadet missions to farm them (double ad bonus as well). Finally if credits are short make sure to farm the last epic on Saturday and double then as you can get almost a million credits just by doing that each week.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where is Nog?
    There is Nog

"Werenog?!" "There Nog."

bahkzflhm61r.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be getting the event type and feature crew with the Wednesday announcement as well? It is really important that we know BEFORE the event starts what the following event will be now that you have made them more contingent on each other.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Will we be getting the event type and feature crew with the Wednesday announcement as well? It is really important that we know BEFORE the event starts what the following event will be now that you have made them more contingent on each other.

Well, we do have the event types for October 2018 at least:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/home/leaving?target=http://www.startrek.com/article/holographic-favorites-return-in-photonic-fantasies

“Check out the schedule of events featured in the “Photonic Fantasies” Mega-Event:

• October 4 – Pygmalion, Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event
    • October 11 – Updated and Revised, Galaxy Event
    • October 18 – What Is a Man?, Faction Event
    • October 25 – Captain Proton to the Rescue!, Skirmish Event”

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, we do have the event types for October 2018 at least:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/home/leaving?target=http://www.startrek.com/article/holographic-favorites-return-in-photonic-fantasies

“Check out the schedule of events featured in the “Photonic Fantasies” Mega-Event:

• October 4 – Pygmalion, Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event
    • October 11 – Updated and Revised, Galaxy Event
    • October 18 – What Is a Man?, Faction Event
    • October 25 – Captain Proton to the Rescue!, Skirmish Event”

🖖🏻

It’s not really important for this month, but will become relevant when we don’t have the schedule or 800 event crew.
  • Options
    I guess this is interesting too

aqdc8kde0pig.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I'm wondering about one thing.

Why are people so into this that you NEED to have an even crew to manage topp 1k?

In about 70% of all event in 2018, I've manage topp 1k without having a legendary event crew.
    Do I spend money? No, only monthly card. And I know alot of other people manage the same as me (players in Section 14)

So I don't really see the problem "everyone" complaining about. Money spender, keep spending money. Either to get all or just one 5* before event even starts. Prize? Well, rather then airlock the 5* you just got, maybe use him/her for next event. So Yes, maybe "push" players to spend more money to keep going?

Players like myself, just work hard. Maybe get an legendary. Hooraayy. I might use him/her for next event. If not, too bad.

Lets try this system out first before screaming out loud that this sux

Here is the thing about this as I see it. Currently you can compete to top 1k because I don't believe that the players that rank in the top 1k all bought enough packs to get the gold and level it. Going forward, there will be 1000 players that receive the gold for free Monday morning and are able to level it with the DYC and honor to more than 1*. I don't believe achieving top 1k will be as easy as it was before unless you compete really really extra hard in the event before and so on.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm wondering about one thing.

Why are people so into this that you NEED to have an even crew to manage topp 1k?

In about 70% of all event in 2018, I've manage topp 1k without having a legendary event crew.
    Do I spend money? No, only monthly card. And I know alot of other people manage the same as me (players in Section 14)

So I don't really see the problem "everyone" complaining about. Money spender, keep spending money. Either to get all or just one 5* before event even starts. Prize? Well, rather then airlock the 5* you just got, maybe use him/her for next event. So Yes, maybe "push" players to spend more money to keep going?

Players like myself, just work hard. Maybe get an legendary. Hooraayy. I might use him/her for next event. If not, too bad.

Lets try this system out first before screaming out loud that this sux

Here is the thing about this as I see it. Currently you can compete to top 1k because I don't believe that the players that rank in the top 1k all bought enough packs to get the gold and level it. Going forward, there will be 1000 players that receive the gold for free Monday morning and are able to level it with the DYC and honor to more than 1*. I don't believe achieving top 1k will be as easy as it was before unless you compete really really extra hard in the event before and so on.

And I think people are somewhat overestimating the impact of a 1/5 Legendary, even counting the stat-tripling. The people who go for DYC etc. are spenders who would have bought offers and packs anyway. And there are only 15 players (or 25 in a Faction Event) that receive more than one copy from rank rewards. That's a drop in the ocean. The breadth of your total crew complement/size of your chron stash/playing time you have available will still be equally, if not more, important for competing in most events, than a 1/5 Legendary bonus crew.
  • Options
    I’m wary of any change, but if it would make you finally offer 4 copies of the 4 star crew on threshold for faction, expedition, and skirmish events, I’m all for it.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe achieving top 1k will be as easy as it was before unless you compete really really extra hard in the event before and so on.
    It'll be harder but I've seen people on the forums complain about not making top 1K even though I know they made purchases before hand.

For the upcoming event I'll be pressing for 1K* but I've been playing for awhile. I'll have the time to do it and I have a wide variety of bonus crew to choose from. I'll also have Nog FE the same day I receive him. You'd figure that last bit wouldn't be much of a stretch but I see partially leveled crew all the time.

*You've been warned.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I had (and still have) mixed feelings about the change but I think that part of it is because we humans are creatures of habit and when things change we are hesitant to accept it. Like some others that have posted, I am going to reserve my "feedback" until after the new way of doing things has been put into action...and I can be pretty opinionated at times.

One thing I was a little unsettled by was not having a chance at Tuxedo Nog unless I wanted to spend an arm and leg for a pack (ok $99 U.S., not body parts but still). Now with them giving us a Nog (good job imo, DB) I am put a little at ease for the 1st week of the mega event.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    This might be a good move for some players, like me, that is not willing to buy a Pack and still be able to earn next week's crew with enough time in advance to level it and use it for the next event, I really don't know if this is a good or bad idea and I don't know how will this impact the game, still I must admit that I would have liked an extension of the prizes given in Galaxy and Skirmish events, to go from 130K of points to 250K of points, like Faction events have such a threshold reward prize table, and fill it with, for instance, 4* Portals, Voyage extenders, an old Legendary Crewman, a Super Rare/Legendary citation, etc.
    300K of points is easily doable on a Galaxy or Skirmish event, why not add more prizes to the threshold reward table?
    I believe this is what we want, and with a 80k-120k playerbase, why not extending the Legendary to 2k mark, from 1k mark on 2 legendary crewmen, from 250/500 on 3 legendaries and from 125/250 4 legendaries, because it is really hard to get even to be top 15!
  • Options
    if you did this for all ranked rewards it might be cool, but doing it for just the 5 stars isn't.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I don’t need that advantage. Any crew I get I have FE in like two minutes

my point exactly, the top 1000 players dont need more advantage, they can all ready put the needed crew to L100 with out being given an extra week to do so.
    any one below the top 1000 gain nothing from this except to be notified their chance of ever seeing the legendary from event award is never going to happen unless they sink a vault load of real cash.
    it is moves like this that will break what little hope or moral of many players. unless DB is trying to get peeps to quit, this is a bad move unless they are going to stat extending the legendary to more than just the top 1% group. that is just a fact of simple math.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    edited September 2018

my point exactly, the top 1000 players dont need more advantage, they can all ready put the needed crew to L100 with out being given an extra week to do so.
    any one below the top 1000 gain nothing from this except to be notified their chance of ever seeing the legendary from event award is never going to happen unless they sink a vault load of real cash.
    it is moves like this that will break what little hope or moral of many players. unless DB is trying to get peeps to quit, this is a bad move unless they are going to stat extending the legendary to more than just the top 1% group. that is just a fact of simple math.

Let me on this disagree with you, I have 2 high VIP profiles, and I am investing nothing now, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get 1/5 next week's Legendary crew in advance prior to be used without cash, you only ought to get it. If I want it I fight for it. I realize it's harder to fight for a crew on certain events, but it's a question of how much time you invest if you don't want to invest money.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless DB is trying to get peeps to quit, this is a bad move unless they are going to stat extending the legendary to more than just the top 1% group. that is just a fact of simple math.
    You're aware that VIP0 players have won Galaxy events right? I've seen them place highly in Skirmishes and Hybrids as well. That means they won without the needed 5*.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I'm sorry but this just isn't true. Myself and my OH have been playing for 7 months.

My OH was lucky enough to get Tucker in a pack this week. He immediately put 2 citations on him and FE him to have him finished before the event. His squad made him leader so he is picking up a little extra VP from that. He's ranking at 216.

I tried 4 packs (I save dilithium for faction events) and never got a Tucker 😭 😢 😔 so I'm playing this event with Pug Q and Klaa whom I have at 3* from the packs I bought. I'm currently ranked at 168. I'm already squad leader and again have also achieved a little extra VP that way too.

As for how fast I FE a crew, it depends very much on the equipment the crew needs. Sometimes I can manage it in a day, sometimes more than that (Duchamps, is a bloody nightmare for example, and I'm finding the monthly Crusher quite difficult too)
    I admit I do often manage to rank high enough to get the legendary now if I wish, but I've not spent cash in the game since Polywater Yar. I achieve these results because I prioritise my crew, work hard sending out shuttles and voyages all the time, get some absolutely belting help from my fleet and I grind during skirmish.

I definitely fall under the monthly card plus occasional offer if DB haven't totally messed up lately. Atm I've got to admit DB have really put some effort in to talk me back round. They addressed the Yar situation, sorted out a ticket issue that was totally my own fault, and as far as I see are making attempts to liven up the rewards structure, and make the game more exciting. I don't know how I'm going to play for the next few weeks and I find that has created further engagement and discussion from myself and my OH. Personally I think DB are Doing Better
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    unless DB is trying to get peeps to quit, this is a bad move unless they are going to stat extending the legendary to more than just the top 1% group. that is just a fact of simple math.
    You're aware that VIP0 players have won Galaxy events right? I've seen them place highly in Skirmishes and Hybrids as well. That means they won without the needed 5*.

Yeah I don't agree with this idea that it is unfair to VIP0, non-whales, etc. either. I'm not VIP0 (spent a bit of money in the very beginning of playing) but my spending habits have been monthly card and an occasional $10 here and there for the past year and I have no problems ranking in top 1000 for any event. The only people this would negatively affect in this way are new players and they're at a disadvantage no matter how the 5*s are given out for events.