Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Pygmalion - 10/04 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    JazzRiker wrote: »
    It's not. I will try to never let that happen.

Good "boy". Now just make Cakey Seven happen for us soon and we will vote for a raise!
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    [2][/i]
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This could be the Beverly from that awful episode where the ghost lived in the candle at her grandmothers house. Yep. Sounds like a stupid episode. Cuz it was.

oj9sct6tpgo0.png
    Made me laugh, good on ya!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious about both the skills/traits and ship stats for top-ranked 5* crew. It won’t be important right away but will be utterly crucial going into the Skirmish event at the end of the month.

I'm generally curious about it, but utterly crucial? Really? Why?

Come on, man...did I hallucinate the six weeks of rage over the nerfing of Polywater Yar’s ship ability? If we don’t know what the event legendary’s ship skill is before we have to start competing for them and then it turns out they’re terrible, I feel like there will be about 1,000 people (give or take a few hundred) that would be up in arms if they find out the character they worked so hard for was worthless.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we don’t know what the event legendary’s ship skill is before we have to start competing for them and then it turns out they’re terrible, I feel like there will be about 1,000 people (give or take a few hundred) that would be up in arms if they find out the character they worked so hard for was worthless.

If we don´t know what the event legendary´s ship skill is when we are competing for that card we are competing for different reasons: Liking of the character, strong base, great proficiency etc.

In such a case nice ship skills would be a welcome bonus, but not utterly crucial. I also did not like the nerfing of Yar, but basically great ship abilities are the least of my priorities when wanting a card.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, thanks db for giving us a Tuxedo Nog. That makes the new system much more fair and makes me look forward to trying the new system.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we don’t know what the event legendary’s ship skill is before we have to start competing for them and then it turns out they’re terrible, I feel like there will be about 1,000 people (give or take a few hundred) that would be up in arms if they find out the character they worked so hard for was worthless.

If we don´t know what the event legendary´s ship skill is when we are competing for that card we are competing for different reasons: Liking of the character, strong base, great proficiency etc.

In such a case nice ship skills would be a welcome bonus, but not utterly crucial. I also did not like the nerfing of Yar, but basically great ship abilities are the least of my priorities when wanting a card.

Same here. I actually don’t know the ship stats of any crew member I have. I just know Killy is really good

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be the Beverly from that awful episode where the ghost lived in the candle at her grandmothers house. Yep. Sounds like a stupid episode. Cuz it was.

oj9sct6tpgo0.png

Ha! You’re winning me back with wit and presence.

• Options
    S31 wrote: »
    Unless Nog's 1/5 stats are awesome he will be stuck in the inbox for a long long time like Dancer Chekov

That's OK, they're not allone. Maybe they will build a new collection "ingame mail crew" with Archer and uhura ;-)

• Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just found it (the situation) somewhat humorous; I'm not really criticising anyone here. :smile:
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was always going to work hard to get a 1/5 Nog and I will immediately claim him from in game mail when he arrives. I really liked the character and will use him as one of my avatars. Would be great if Tuxedo Nog had the cool cane Vic gave him.
    42idvznzcjok.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Elynduil wrote: »
    It's ironic to the extreme that we had this massive palaver about people not having a chance to get this Nog from rank rewards (and let's face it, for 985 players in the top 1k, they would have received a single copy only) but the moment that DB resolves that issue, people start talking about how they will not bother claiming him from the mail. :smirk:

Because they aren't the same players?

I said how I don't care about new rewards change

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/114274#Comment_114274

Then I said that I will not even bother claiming Nog unless his 1/5 stats are awesome

I'll claim him because I have plenty of slots, even though I don't particularly care for him.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

Don't think so Banjo, remember the theme of the Mega. Holodeck..
    The episode you refer to was not on the holodeck.
    My guess and $$ are on the one from Lt. Broccoli's fantasies.
    And you right, "Sub Rosa" s*cked. Boring episode.
  • Options
    It should be Hollow Pursuits Beverly, I’d imagine.

dqdl1iegvwr3.jpeg
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

dqdl1iegvwr3.jpeg

But then what skills could she possibly have? She is just Barkley's dream of a submissive pretty girl. It is a huge stretch to even call it diplomacy and a bigger stretch for med. There is absolutely no cause for command, security, science, or engineering. Of course, none of that has ever stopped DB.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't think so Banjo, remember the theme of the Mega. Holodeck..
    The episode you refer to was not on the holodeck.
    My guess and $$ are on the one from Lt. Broccoli's fantasies.
    And you right, "Sub Rosa" s*cked. Boring episode.

We all know the mega theme does not mean all crew is mega theme

It’s shocking how many people forget this. The Mirror mega was the exception, not the rule.
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

dqdl1iegvwr3.jpeg

But then what skills could she possibly have? She is just Barkley's dream of a submissive pretty girl. It is a huge stretch to even call it diplomacy and a bigger stretch for med. There is absolutely no cause for command, security, science, or engineering. Of course, none of that has ever stopped DB.

She could just have DIP...maybe under 500 base?

:: ducks ::
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Yay, new Guinan! <3
  • Options

dqdl1iegvwr3.jpeg

Your last line says it all. I’d put my money on Med and Dip. If we’re lucky, they might give her Sci as well.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Minuet? Urgh. I'm gonna sit this one out.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Options
    :: wonders if we’re going to get a super rare Min Riker later on in the mega...::
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    she will be DIPMED for certain and only DIPMED
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    she will be DIPMED for certain and only DIPMED

It's the only two stats that make sense.

Hey DB, if you want to "non-canonly" give Minuet a teritary engineering stat, I won't hold it against you.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minuet Dip and Eng for sure, maybe even Command because she was ''commanding'' the whole situation with Riker perfectly.