Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Pygmalion - 10/04 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minuet? Urgh. I'm gonna sit this one out.

If she’s just DIP/MED I’m gonna dump her
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This could be the Beverly from that awful episode where the ghost lived in the candle at her grandmothers house. Yep. Sounds like a stupid episode. Cuz it was.

Don't think so Banjo, remember the theme of the Mega. Holodeck..
    The episode you refer to was not on the holodeck.

Theme? What is this, "theme" concept of which you speak?
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I hope there are more holo recurring characters. got a bunch which are missing stars!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be the Beverly from that awful episode where the ghost lived in the candle at her grandmothers house. Yep. Sounds like a stupid episode. Cuz it was.

Theme? What is this, "theme" concept of which you speak?

My point exactly.

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess and $$ are on the one from Lt. Broccoli's fantasies.
    And you right, "Sub Rosa" s*cked. Boring episode.

We all know the mega theme does not mean all crew is mega theme

It’s shocking how many people forget this. The Mirror mega was the exception, not the rule.

Actually prior to the Mirror mega, almost all new characters were all in the mega theme, the ones that weren't were the recurring ones (except new 2/3*s). In Borg/Klingon only the last event that had all 3 new had the only new non-thematic ones.

They actually did pretty well thematically up til about Discovery II... but at least we finally got a Scotty event there.

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

My guess and $$ are on the one from Lt. Broccoli's fantasies.
    And you right, "Sub Rosa" s*cked. Boring episode.

We all know the mega theme does not mean all crew is mega theme

It’s shocking how many people forget this. The Mirror mega was the exception, not the rule.

Actually prior to the Mirror mega, almost all new characters were all in the mega theme, the ones that weren't were the recurring ones (except new 2/3*s). In Borg/Klingon only the last event that had all 3 new had the only new non-thematic ones.

They actually did pretty well thematically up til about Discovery II... but at least we finally got a Scotty event there.

Vulcan/Romulan mega followed the theme pretty well.
  • Options
    I guess I'm the only one that liked Sub Rosa. It was the perfect Sci-Fi adaptation of the Gothic Romance genre. I'm actually not a fan at all of Gothic Romance but appreciate a good genre mashup. Think Pride & Prejudice & Star Trek.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Sub Rosa was probably one of those episodes that was written and everyone thought “ok this might be good”, but then the actual result just missed. Im a Beverly Crusher fan and she felt underutilized a lot.
  • Options
    LOL, i saw the post about not enough crew with matching traits,
    i count 55 not including the new ones,
    so if 1/12 is not enough what is?
    love it, Minuet
    just hope they put in the basic after version also 1* or 2* to make it official.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    Lucky me - I just got Sheriff Worf to drop as a reward in one of my Voyages over the weekend. The character is now fully fused and I need only to put the work into finishing fully equipping prior to the start of the event. NICE! Thanks DB!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the man named Banjo who actually airlocked Banjoman... I believe you.

Ha! Twice! I’ll give you the story, 3 Christmas’ ago, my wife got me a banjo. I got her a Cairn Terrier. We thought a great name for him would be Banjo, so you see, we got each other Banjos for Christmas
    You play the banjo and have money. I must therefore conclude you are Steve Martin. :)
    zsgqnfmy1dei.jpg

Ha! I play the banjo, mandolin, guitar, piano, drums, bouzouki, bass, and the flute.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

Ha! Twice! I’ll give you the story, 3 Christmas’ ago, my wife got me a banjo. I got her a Cairn Terrier. We thought a great name for him would be Banjo, so you see, we got each other Banjos for Christmas
    You play the banjo and have money. I must therefore conclude you are Steve Martin. :)
    zsgqnfmy1dei.jpg

Ha! I play the banjo, mandolin, guitar, piano, drums, bouzouki, bass, and the flute.

You didn't say you weren't Steve Martin...

Well I USED to be a wild and crazy guy, but no. I am a humble commoner who happened to have a few rounds of his 15 minutes

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

zsgqnfmy1dei.jpg

Well I USED to be a wild and crazy guy, but no. I am a humble commoner who happened to have a few rounds of his 15 minutes

Well if you are still undecided on what to dress up as for Halloween...
    09gr77kaxkkc.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I’ve figured out who you are...

f5n9o3zm9k41.png

Oh man. Speculation is now running wild! I will say this. When I was in a band, we opened for Green Day (and gave them the mandolin ideas for the song Misery) Fuel opened for us, played with Disturbed at a dive bar in Lansing, IL, and tried out to be Limp Bizkits guitar player. So that’s what? An hour of fame?

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

zsgqnfmy1dei.jpg

Well if you are still undecided on what to dress up as for Halloween...
    09gr77kaxkkc.jpg

This was two years ago
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sbt5blzv56in.jpeg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Pygmalion is the name for the first part of the mega-event, what is the name of the mega-event itself?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ByloBand wrote: »
    If Pygmalion is the name for the first part of the mega-event, what is the name of the mega-event itself?

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11436/program-loaded-holodeck-mega-event-beginning-on-october-4/p1

mg8st1c1cn6b.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    It should be Hollow Pursuits Beverly, I’d imagine.

dqdl1iegvwr3.jpeg

But then what skills could she possibly have? She is just Barkley's dream of a submissive pretty girl. It is a huge stretch to even call it diplomacy and a bigger stretch for med. There is absolutely no cause for command, security, science, or engineering. Of course, none of that has ever stopped DB.

She could just have DIP...maybe under 500 base?

:: ducks ::

I dunno. Seems like Barclay found her to be rather... therapeutic. :smirk:
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    DIP/MED/ENG would be stellar
  • Options
    RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    bmbu08fj1m1k.jpg

What's with the bird?
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!