Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Pygmalion - 10/04 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream Beverly is fairly easy to build.

Some(myself included) might disagree.....she needs 4 legendary items and 38 „faction only“ items as well. ;)

Sorry I didn't notice. I must have just been lucky enough to have the necessary stockpiles. I didn't replicate anything on her. I had to pay chronitons for some of the casings, but she seemed easier than I expected.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream Beverly is fairly easy to build.

Some(myself included) might disagree.....she needs 4 legendary items and 38 „faction only“ items as well. ;)

Sorry I didn't notice. I must have just been lucky enough to have the necessary stockpiles. I didn't replicate anything on her. I had to pay chronitons for some of the casings, but she seemed easier than I expected.

No I agree. I found her pretty easy to level. I do have large stockpiles currently though.
  • Options
    IMO, DB failed at "carrot" motivation for spending so TP has recommended "the stick".
  • Options
    I have been running Sec31 shuttles since last Friday to get ready for this, and still ran out of Basic Holoprograms really quickly building those 2.

Bev at 70, Minuet at 60. Lots of replicating tonight...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an easy solution for holoprograms but it involves patience. Replicate every item that needs holoprogram. If it's a part of legendary equipment then replicate a rare or super-rare part of it.

Since both Minuet and Beverly aren't really useful and maybe just maybe there are better characters in the next three events I say that you should conserve as much holoprograms as possible.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started running Section 31 shuttles as soon as they announced the Mega, took a break to take advantage of the Augment faction win for three days, and will start again Saturday at noon DB time. In the meantime, where possible I've only been running Cadet missions that give me holoprograms (on AdWarp, of course, to maximize), and when I haven't used up all of my replicators for the day on other things, maxed out by replicating more of the holoprograms. Still gonna pretty much run out after finishing Minuet and Beverly.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    There is an easy solution for holoprograms but it involves patience. Replicate every item that needs holoprogram. If it's a part of legendary equipment then replicate a rare or super-rare part of it.

Since both Minuet and Beverly aren't really useful and maybe just maybe there are better characters in the next three events I say that you should conserve as much holoprograms as possible.
    Its all about being prepared, I have just been replicating holoprogs when I have no-one better to level.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For me, my only negative is that I haven't been able to level up all my holograms in time and those pesky 0* holgram items are always in high demand, wish they were added to voyage rewards or something.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been replicating holoprograms non-stop. I was able to complete Beverly and get Minuet to 90 before I ran out of holoprograms. Used a couple replicators on her final items and finished her last night.
  • Options
    I never ran a single Section 31 shuttle and I started this event with over 40 basic holoprograms (had zero 2 weeks ago).

Talk Less, Smile More on elite for Mon/Wed/Fri cadets drops them at a good rate. Make sure you use the ad doubler to double your drops.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    If we don’t know what the event legendary’s ship skill is before we have to start competing for them and then it turns out they’re terrible, I feel like there will be about 1,000 people (give or take a few hundred) that would be up in arms if they find out the character they worked so hard for was worthless.

If we don´t know what the event legendary´s ship skill is when we are competing for that card we are competing for different reasons: Liking of the character, strong base, great proficiency etc.

In such a case nice ship skills would be a welcome bonus, but not utterly crucial. I also did not like the nerfing of Yar, but basically great ship abilities are the least of my priorities when wanting a card.

Same here. I actually don’t know the ship stats of any crew member I have. I just know Killy is really good

Any time you want to check the stats of any crew member, you can always refer to the wiki. It's an invaluable took in my game. Go to stt.wiki/wiki/crew/list and you'll see the list of all the crew we can have (when it's most updated, which is the majority of the time). Hope that helps!
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • Options
    I never ran a single Section 31 shuttle and I started this event with over 40 basic holoprograms (had zero 2 weeks ago).

Talk Less, Smile More on elite for Mon/Wed/Fri cadets drops them at a good rate. Make sure you use the ad doubler to double your drops.

That's what I did. And the faction missions after the announcement. And for the past 4 months, I have bought the 0* holoprogram every day it is in the faction store for merits and half the time for credits.
  • Options
    Cmdr Worf's HeadCmdr Worf's Head ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Any time you want to check the stats of any crew member, you can always refer to the wiki. It's an invaluable took in my game. Go to stt.wiki/wiki/crew/list and you'll see the list of all the crew we can have (when it's most updated, which is the majority of the time). Hope that helps!

You need a capital L in List. Damn Linux and their case sensitive paths (actually I suppose damn MediaWiki. But damn Linux too!). Full link is https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew/List
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I know the stats aren't awesome but we get 4/5 and the 5th one puts her over 950 and 1000 with good bonuses. That makes her a pretty good choice for CMD AND DIP shuttle missions which we get quite regularly. Not as strong as T'Kuvma with CMD and SEC but not bad either. Just an idea, no throwing rocks please.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I think this would all have been better if there were a different event type week 4. By the time you have a Minuet that is at or close to the top of her stats (even if those are lower then we have become accustomed to for a Mega)... out comes a Skirmish event where 1/5 lvl 1 is just as good as FFFE.

That's a good idea. Skirmish in week one gives everyone a chance to level holograms for two faction weeks.

Skirmish, Hybrid, Full faction, full galaxy.
  • Options
    I think this would all have been better if there were a different event type week 4. By the time you have a Minuet that is at or close to the top of her stats (even if those are lower then we have become accustomed to for a Mega)... out comes a Skirmish event where 1/5 lvl 1 is just as good as FFFE.

That's a good idea. Skirmish in week one gives everyone a chance to level holograms for two faction weeks.

Skirmish, Hybrid, Full faction, full galaxy.

Sounds good. But I'm guessing DB is trying to make people use up their chroniton stash a bit. Three events in a row, all linked via the legendary rewards, with high chroniton requirements are going to hit some people very hard.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    [quote="[RotP]Ran Airen;c-. Three events in a row, all linked via the legendary rewards, with high chroniton requirements are going to hit some people very hard.

I'm using the events to gain some crew for faction, because I am sitting on a huge chroniton pile
    ( because of voyages / using the replicator instead of farming components ).
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    Wow, the last minute rush was particularly intense today. I was in the 700s with half an hour to go, which usually is enough to ensure I finish in the top 1000, but this time I tumbled almost down to 1300.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    wfg wrote: »
    Wow, the last minute rush was particularly intense today. I was in the 700s with half an hour to go, which usually is enough to ensure I finish in the top 1000, but this time I tumbled almost down to 1300.

Yeah right? I was at 500 with a couple of hours to go. Went for dinner and had a couple of beers. Got back with 10 minutes to go and was at 1300. WTF. I power crafted my way back up just in the nick of time fortunately.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I thought I was safe a couple times and then checked back and needed another push. Never seen so much movement at the end.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's quite disappointing. That sends DB the wrong signal. Now they're going to think crappy recurring and in general crew are a good idea, and decoupling ranked 5* from their counterparts are all good ideas.
  • Options
    I finished just inside top 3k, which is exactly what I wanted since I needed one Sherrif Worf to immortalize him.

Now onto next week. I will be getting Data V.
  • Options
    I dropped 300 in the last hour and crafted enough to keep me above 2000, which was what I wanted. But yes, even away from top 1000 it dropped at the end.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yep. I thought I was safe a couple times and then checked back and needed another push. Never seen so much movement at the end.

You're not kidding! I had to burn thru nearly 2k chronitons during the last hour and a half to get to around # 1700 or so.... after I was well above #1000 only an hour before.... only to be knocked back down again to around #3300 within minutes. So much for immortalizing Sheriff Worf this week! And so much for the chrons I burned being worth much of anything!
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »

You're not kidding! I had to burn thru nearly 2k chronitons during the last hour and a half to get to around # 1700 or so.... after I was well above #1000 only an hour before.... only to be knocked back down again to around #3300 within minutes. So much for immortalizing Sheriff Worf this week! And so much for the chrons I burned being worth much or anything!

A tad confused as to how you managed that. I was around 2300 this morning around 8. Crafted a few items (maybe ten) around 11 in the hopes of not dropping out of Top 3000, and finished at 2587 an hour later.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that was an intense final push. Burned my chroniton reserves and a ton of MED boosts that have been piling up, bought extra cadet tickets and barely got my Gloria. Don't have the resources for a run on Data V, so my new goal is to clear thresholds next week spending as few chrons as possible.
  • Options
    I was in the 500s with 30 min left, failed to break 1k