Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Pygmalion - 10/04 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    minuet would slot as my 9th best DIP and 7th best CMD. Hardly worth the effort to FE.

• Options
    I don't put much effort into gauntlet, it's more to kill time between other aspects of the game. Thus, it was a bit disappointing that Minuet's 5/5 stats are close if not worse than my 4/5 Vreenak.

Still, pretty artwork.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    All of the new crew are underwhelming. Stats are as mediocre as can be. As far as artwork, Nog & Gloria are very good, Minuet is I think a little cartoonish, and Bev is just "okay", imo. But even ignoring the stats and the art, none of them are particularly appealing to me as characters, anyway. This mega is starting out as a total snoozefest.

sfb57ba3u6bj.gif

Usually I can find *something* to get excited in a Mega. This one, its just not happening.
    I will participate, but it will feel like a chore (which saddens me)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    On the plus side, for collectors the artwork is very, very good, and there's practically a free card for the Physician Collection, and an excellent repeat crew who also belongs in a collection or two.

Plus, they are all well-loved characters and quite honestly while the stats aren't stellar, particularly Minuet (who is a 4/5 for free) it's actually not a bad crew, especially for newer players.

I'm still pretty excited, the promise of fun holodeck characters for the next month with great art doesn't have me down in the dumps like for some!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    @Shan why is Beverly not a physician?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Because she's a fantasy hologram wearing Bev's skin and not actually Bev maybe?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a Barkley Dream Beverly. Her job is to look pretty, not cure people. Not the real Beverly = not physician.
  • Options

Mandela Effect. She was a Physician when I updated my spreadsheet less than 2 hours ago
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a Barkley Dream Beverly. Her job is to look pretty, not cure people. Not the real Beverly = not physician.

If she's got Medicine as a skill then she's enough "Beverly" to be a physician.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I feel like they are shooting darts when they are selecting stats.

Not literally but it seems to me that they are using some sort of their RNG program for skills and stats.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

If she's got Medicine as a skill then she's enough "Beverly" to be a physician.

As much as I'd like another Physician -- I've almost finished that collection -- I have to agree with DB that this version clearly isn't one. She does seem to be good at soothing "Master Barclay," though, so maybe that's her medical skill. ;)
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    wow... DB... doubling down on making this event/mega as player unfriendly as possible? Not a single 3 seater...

Looks like the theory of DB doubling down on the crapper is to lower expectations is spot on.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow... DB... doubling down on making this event/mega as player unfriendly as possible? Not a single 3 seater...

Definitely unfriendly to new players or those without a lot of crew slots...for the rest of us with a mountain of Holograms, Worfs, and Beverly Crushers to choose from, it should be no problem at all.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

That's awful. And the maximum of 5 missions per faction in the queue also managed to get on my nerves. :)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Shuttle missions are the same for everyone, plus it's a mega so the 2x event crew pool is pretty huge.

"New player unfriendly" at best, but this seems like such a tiny quibble.

just because the are the same for everyone doesn't mean they aren't screwed up for everyone.

The amount of creativity/effort they put into making faction events vary in seat count, etc could be put to much more productive use.

I believe they put every ounce of that into use they could here. Their goal was difficult shuttles, lowering expectations, increasing frustration, and minimizing options. In that, it is a wild success.

I think there goal is score distribution. If shuttles are too easy, then too many people have similar scores and it's hard to say who the top 1k are. By scaling difficulty by the number of bonus crew, they are keeping the player distribution so they can "curve" to the best 1k players.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Shuttle missions are the same for everyone, plus it's a mega so the 2x event crew pool is pretty huge.

"New player unfriendly" at best, but this seems like such a tiny quibble.

just because the are the same for everyone doesn't mean they aren't screwed up for everyone.

The amount of creativity/effort they put into making faction events vary in seat count, etc could be put to much more productive use.

I believe they put every ounce of that into use they could here. Their goal was difficult shuttles, lowering expectations, increasing frustration, and minimizing options. In that, it is a wild success.

I think there goal is score distribution. If shuttles are too easy, then too many people have similar scores and it's hard to say who the top 1k are. By scaling difficulty by the number of bonus crew, they are keeping the player distribution so they can "curve" to the best 1k players.

It's much simpler than that, they're basically sending the low spenders and F2P community a big middle finger. No you can't get free **tsk tsk** anymore.

Hi, VIP3 and $0 spent in 2018 so far. These changes will have 0 impact on what I get from the event. I still clear thresholds well before the end. These changes effect everyone so everyone's score will be a touch lower and therefore it will have no impact on rank. As others have said, these changes are rough for new players, but for anyone else, it doesn't make a difference.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like they are shooting darts when they are selecting stats.

Not literally but it seems to me that they are using some sort of their RNG program for skills and stats.

You could say that about the base stats.
    I think the math is in the Equipment. While I've not started building any of the event crew yet, the stat boost from the equipment builds are what make or break a power character from a "meh" character.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream Beverly is fairly easy to build.
  • Options
    Dream Beverly is fairly easy to build.

Some(myself included) might disagree.....she needs 4 legendary items and 38 „faction only“ items as well. ;)

I stocked up as best I could and all I have left is the free 5* uniform to equip on Beverly. That being said, my 0* holoprogram stack is getting really low already and I have Minuet yet to come :o
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested