Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Pygmalion - 10/04 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    I don’t feel bad that I am nowhere near 50k honor...in fact, I might put my next legendary citation towards another star on Klingon Janeway instead of a fifth on Minuet. Given my glut of solid DIP/COM crew (Arachnia Janeway, 1/5* Prof. Sato, Grand Nagus Rom, Ambassador Shras, and 2/5* Admiral Kirk) I bet I will get more use out of a 3/5* Klingon Janeway anyway.

I managed to FF Klingon Janeway, and she's currently my top SEC and 5th strongest SCI, so useful on voyages, so IMO worth the investment
  • Options
    I don’t feel bad that I am nowhere near 50k honor...in fact, I might put my next legendary citation towards another star on Klingon Janeway instead of a fifth on Minuet. Given my glut of solid DIP/COM crew (Arachnia Janeway, 1/5* Prof. Sato, Grand Nagus Rom, Ambassador Shras, and 2/5* Admiral Kirk) I bet I will get more use out of a 3/5* Klingon Janeway anyway.

I had been saving up my honor but I agree. I have Borg Queen 4/5 and may just go ahead and use the honor on her...will be far more useful.

• Options
    Given that Gloria is a bit pants can we find out if the crew she helps us win is worth it soon please?
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    ikpkjay0dqfu.jpeg

I think they hit a home run with the art this time. Beverly, Nog and Minuet look great imo.

Not too mention that cockatoo...if we couldn't get four copies from thresholds and community, I'd buy packs just for the bird.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited about Minuet because the card looked good and I was sure that we will get something along Dip 1200 (300) ENG 950 (250) Command 300 (400)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that Gloria is a bit pants can we find out if the crew she helps us win is worth it soon please?

That right there is the primary flaw in the new reward system. We won’t know what we’re playing for if we don’t want the current week’s 5* prize for its own sake.

Exactly. need notification of NEXT week's 5*, who will be event crew for the FOLLOWING week, to know if we should push to rank this week for Gloria. ESPECIALLY since next event is galaxy, so we also need to decide to spend chrons levelling her or hoard them (for those of us without a standing huge chron hoard).

Gloria (New) (Guinan variant) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 10/11.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 879 (205-396), DIP 1063 (278-536), MED 470 (99-221)
    Traits: Communicator, Civilian, Counselor, Bartender, Empath, Costumed, Elaurian

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I think this would all have been better if there were a different event type week 4. By the time you have a Minuet that is at or close to the top of her stats (even if those are lower then we have become accustomed to for a Mega)... out comes a Skirmish event where 1/5 lvl 1 is just as good as FFFE.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    I think this would all have been better if there were a different event type week 4. By the time you have a Minuet that is at or close to the top of her stats (even if those are lower then we have become accustomed to for a Mega)... out comes a Skirmish event where 1/5 lvl 1 is just as good as FFFE.

Has it been confirmed that the Skirmish event is gonna remain 'unfixed?
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

Her only redeeming quality is that her traits will make her eligible for the 65% Guinan gauntlet, and her rolls are reasonable enough for that purpose.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Her only redeeming quality is that her traits will make her eligible for the 65% Guinan gauntlet, and her rolls are reasonable enough for that purpose.

Problem with that is she only has 2 skills, so will be much less flexible how you can use her in a gauntlet.

It all boils down to the ship battle stats really. If they’re not remarkable then this really is a disappointment. All the previous mega event crew have and continue to be useful to me.

Unless her stats are a typo and we’re getting worked up over nothing?
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with that is she only has 2 skills, so will be much less flexible how you can use her in a gauntlet.

It all boils down to the ship battle stats really. If they’re not remarkable then this really is a disappointment. All the previous mega event crew have and continue to be useful to me.

For Minuet, I agree with you - if her ship ability is non-existent, then I don't know what to do with her. I was referring to Gloria in terms of gauntlet value.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like some confusion here. Minuet is the complete stinker with only two skills, although her DIP proficiency makes her roughly equal to the Changeling Founder that almost nobody uses when no traits match. Gloria has three skills but the proficiency rolls are so low that she is only useful in the two Guinan-specific gauntlets where all her variants get a 65% critical chance.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sorry everyone I got totally confused. I was referring to Minuet.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

That right there is the primary flaw in the new reward system. We won’t know what we’re playing for if we don’t want the current week’s 5* prize for its own sake.

Exactly. need notification of NEXT week's 5*, who will be event crew for the FOLLOWING week, to know if we should push to rank this week for Gloria. ESPECIALLY since next event is galaxy, so we also need to decide to spend chrons levelling her or hoard them (for those of us without a standing huge chron hoard).

Gloria (New) (Guinan variant) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 10/11.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 879 (205-396), DIP 1063 (278-536), MED 470 (99-221)
    Traits: Communicator, Civilian, Counselor, Bartender, Empath, Costumed, Elaurian

I'll try to be more clear. Guinan is this week's RANKED 5*. In isolation, she is not inspiring me to push to rank top 1000 for her this weekend. I want to know what's next week's RANKED 5* (not event crew 5* which is Guinan), so I know if it's worth considering Guinan even though I don't want her, just to be more competitive next week.

If it makes any difference to you, next week is a Galaxy.
  • Options

I'll try to be more clear. Guinan is this week's RANKED 5*. In isolation, she is not inspiring me to push to rank top 1000 for her this weekend. I want to know what's next week's RANKED 5* (not event crew 5* which is Guinan), so I know if it's worth considering Guinan even though I don't want her, just to be more competitive next week.

If it makes any difference to you, next week is a Galaxy.

Hence the need to know asap whether it's necessary to win the most useful crew - more effective in Galaxy events than factions- and whether to save chronitons

• Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    All of the new crew are underwhelming. Stats are as mediocre as can be. As far as artwork, Nog & Gloria are very good, Minuet is I think a little cartoonish, and Bev is just "okay", imo. But even ignoring the stats and the art, none of them are particularly appealing to me as characters, anyway. This mega is starting out as a total snoozefest.

sfb57ba3u6bj.gif

Trying not to be negative but have to agree. Even with a new Bev this feels like a big let down so far.