Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Ghost in the Machine (rerun) - 11/02 - edited 10/31

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
Event Name: Ghost in the Machine
Event Type: Faction Event (Bajorans, Romulans, Augments)
Event Crew: Dr. Soong 5*(existing), Rogue Kai Winn 5* (existing), Lore 4* (existing) and Ruk 4* (new)
Event Dates: Thursday 11/02 Noon ET (16:00 UTC) until Monday 11/06 Noon ET (17:00 UTC)

This particular event will last one hour longer due to switching off DST on 11/05, the timer in-game will adapt but it is recommended to restart the game if you left it in the background when the switch occurred.

10/31 Edit
Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of event crew (if applicable) + all Androids + all Holograms

Some stats:
Ruk

FE 1/4 level 100

ENG 397 (82-249)
SEC 613 (102-215)
SCI 222 (74-160)

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx shan.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Yay for a rerun!

I hope we'll see Doctor Korby soon, but Ruk is also a welcome addition.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Thanks for the rerun!
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super excited for Ruk! Also for a chance at basically all those characters...seems like a good event to me :)
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Awesome! I would have never guessed, an am happily surprised that this is the rerun.

Thank you for delivering this information on the promised day as well.

I'm going to hope it's the same bonus crew listed in the wiki as last time, but we shall see Tuesday right?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    lol, "Ghost" event for Halloween. Always nice to see when the Devs get to have a little fun too.

Can someone explain to me though how it works with four event crew in a Faction event? Are there two threshold 4*s? Or is one simply not available, other than packs?
  • Options
    Hi Shan,

Who's giving event crew bonuses? Will data be considered event crew for it as a creation of Soong, twin of Lore?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm Dr. Soong eh. I'll think on it.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

This particular event will last one hour longer due to switching off DST on 11/05, the timer in-game will adapt but it is recommended to restart the game if you left it in the background when the switch occurred.

you know it's only the US and countries linked to US that change on that date right? everyone else on DST in the world changes a week earlier, i.e. in 2 days
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Machine

Last time this event was run, all Holograms and Androids gave bonus.

Then, there were 10 Holograms and 5 Androids in the game.

Now, there are 22 Holograms and 10 Androids. This would start approaching the level of silliness as when all Klingons were event crew (53 total now, somewhat less during that event).
  • Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    Two 5*s? How will they be placed in the threshold/rankings?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shan,

Who's giving event crew bonuses? Will data be considered event crew for it as a creation of Soong, twin of Lore?

I do not have that information yet, that will be announced on Tuesday.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    soong was packs only last time, just like every other event where there's 2 golds. one is usually pack only
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pa wrote: »
    Two 5*s? How will they be placed in the threshold/rankings?

In the past, they have swapped who is pack only and who is rank (See: Battle for New York and They Came from the Holodeck)
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dharkus wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

you know it's only the US and countries linked to US that change on that date right? everyone else on DST in the world changes a week earlier, i.e. in 2 days

That's a pretty broad stroke and just as blanketed as what you're not happy about. For instance, Chile, New Zealand and Australia do not do it when 'everyone else in the world does'. Same with Iran among others.

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    lol, "Ghost" event for Halloween. Always nice to see when the Devs get to have a little fun too.

Can someone explain to me though how it works with four event crew in a Faction event? Are there two threshold 4*s? Or is one simply not available, other than packs?

There was only one 4 last time and he was 4star ranked 2 star threshold.

What normally happens is one of the 5's in a 4 crew event is pack only, one 5 is ranked and the 4s operate as normal, one ranked and one threshold.
    Hoping they make the existing threshold this time.
  • Options
    Nice one Shan, We get two 5 star characters to join our crew both played by Brent Spiner -- perhaps Data should decide - and would go for his creator and father Dr Soong over his evil brother Lore, to be the top threshold rewards for finishing in the top 1000 next event.

Here in the UK we put our clocks back 1 hour early Sunday morning so it's appreciated we get 1 hour longer for the length of Ghost in the Machine.
  • Options
    Ruk is a nice addition.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Another Faction only event..... :s
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Nice one Shan, We get two 5 star characters to join our crew both played by Brent Spiner -- perhaps Data should decide - and would go for his creator and father Dr Soong over his evil brother Lore, to be the top threshold rewards for finishing in the top 1000 next event.

Here in the UK we put our clocks back 1 hour early Sunday morning so it's appreciated we get 1 hour longer for the length of Ghost in the Machine.

The Lore for this event is not the 5* The One:Lore (not to be confused with One) but the 4*Lore . The second 5* in this event is Rogue Kai Winn.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Omg I'm so excited for Lore and Dr. Soong in a playable event. The 3 consecutive galaxies was a downer but this easily makes up for it.
  • Options
    Thanks. I hope Soong is the reward and Winn is packs only.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try my damndest to get Rogue Winn, I've wanted her in my crew for a while.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Now that we got Ruk, we need Andrea.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that we got Ruk, we need Andrea.

+1
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    So Ruk will for sure have Security and Engineering. Maybe Diplomacy as a 3rd stat since he can copy voices and was sort of an android leader.