Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Ghost in the Machine (rerun) - 11/02 - edited 10/31

Comments

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit though that since they added Ruk for this, I am quite disappointed a new Chapel wasn't added to complement this.

That episode was very much about Chapel.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Hmmmm....... 4 event crew
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Dharkus wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

This particular event will last one hour longer due to switching off DST on 11/05, the timer in-game will adapt but it is recommended to restart the game if you left it in the background when the switch occurred.

you know it's only the US and countries linked to US that change on that date right? everyone else on DST in the world changes a week earlier, i.e. in 2 days

That's a pretty broad stroke and just as blanketed as what you're not happy about. For instance, Chile, New Zealand and Australia do not do it when 'everyone else in the world does'. Same with Iran among others.

Potato Potato, Tomato Tomato, Lets call the whole thing off. Seriously Daylight Saving Time can **tsk tsk** it, why are we still doing this?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like Soong to be the threshold, but it's really a win-Winn situation.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    @Bigguyinblack
    He is in charge. How is that not CMD.

Edit:
    Neither of us got the third stat. However, we knew it would not be med. And any of the other three would be good with SCI and ENG. So SEC won out.
  • Options
    I'm just happy I can finally FF my Lore.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    I'm thrilled by Ruk! Now if only we could get some space hippies...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tongo Rad wrote: »

Edens already been taken over by the KCA, so a hippie event Fed vs KCA as to if they get there?

• Options

Edens already been taken over by the KCA, so a hippie event Fed vs KCA as to if they get there?

I bet 5* Dr. Sevrin could take on Mirror Regent Worf. Or even 4* Adam, with his Musical skill, could sing him into fits of agony. And then the space hippies will finally be able to claim Eden. Yea, brother!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet 5* Dr. Sevrin could take on Mirror Regent Worf. Or even 4* Adam, with his Musical skill, could sing him into fits of agony. And then the space hippies will finally be able to claim Eden. Yea, brother!

Why does it feel like Arex and his lute should be the existing character should said event ever happen?
  • Options
    No Andrea ?
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up on DST when it comes to the game!

Not really into Ruk but hey, more TOS chars is always cool. I'll pass on Winn though lol
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
    "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"? No, "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
  • Options
    Ruk is a breath of fresh air after this lack of worthwhile cards this month. I've air-locked all STD cards this event for honor.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scientist wrote: »
    Ruk is a breath of fresh air after this lack of worthwhile cards this month. I've air-locked all STD cards this event for honor.

You're right that the'yve been lacklustre. But for me it's only that way because I have no connection to these cards really, because the characters' personalities in show are still largely unknown. All the other cards in this game have personality to me, even if it is a made-up non-canon card. Because I know who Bashir is, I know who Picard is, I know who Yar is, and Ezri, and even the smaller one-episode characters like Kivas Fajo, or Wixiban. But even in 6 episodes, I feel like these Discovery characters in show and thus in game have no personality to me. So to me with the exception of Burnham and kinda sorta Lorca, all these Discovery crew are not so much characters, but just cards.

That said, I'm glad I got my Lorca. His skills are amazing.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Hehe, more Discovery crew for me. You should watch the show, its good.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    this is a post so that my draft that I never made goes away, pls delete
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dharkus wrote: »
    this is a post so that my draft that I never made goes away, pls delete
    FYI, you can delete drafts from the drafts link on the main menu.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather they remake TNG with Picard having good leadership skills due to mediclorians than watch Dumpsterfire.

I think Discovery is quite good especially considering it is only six episodes in. Most treks are quite poor the first few eps.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather they remake TNG with Picard having good leadership skills due to mediclorians than watch Dumpsterfire.

I think Discovery is quite good especially considering it is only six episodes in. Most treks are quite poor the first few eps.

They usually have watchable pilots though.

• Options
    Babylon 5 was pretty bad at first too but by second season it was brilliant. Sometimes you have to give things time. I was very disappointed by the first episode (and the Klingons) but after the first two things improved quickly. So far I'm enjoying Discovery very much.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    Babylon 5 was pretty bad at first too but by second season it was brilliant. Sometimes you have to give things time. I was very disappointed by the first episode (and the Klingons) but after the first two things improved quickly. So far I'm enjoying Discovery very much.

When you have an undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic (in real life) playing a lead role, the only way to salvage that show is to replace them. B5 is an odd situation because of such. You could tell things were off in season 1, but knowing now that Michael O'Hare was severely mentally ill and causing incidents on and off set makes it not a viable example to use.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I just had Lore drop from a Voyage. Here's hoping he's the threshold reward, as I'll never make top 2000 to FF him otherwise if he's the ranked. We're overdue for the existing character to be the threshold anyway. :*
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Machine

Last time this event was run, all Holograms and Androids gave bonus.

Then, there were 10 Holograms and 5 Androids in the game.

Now, there are 22 Holograms and 10 Androids. This would start approaching the level of silliness as when all Klingons were event crew (53 total now, somewhat less during that event).

Yeah, and since Hollander counts as both android and hologram, plus adding in Vedek Winn Adami, by my calculations that'd be 31 bonus crew + the main event crew. (Was originally thinking Arik Soong would be bonus, as well, but he wasn't the first time, so probably not. Unless he wasn't around back then?)

But let's hope they don't add holograms as bonus crew this time. That's too many. Speaking for myself, all I need is a fistful of Datas.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

"Worthwhile" is a subjective (and dubious) characterization. For my crew base skills, now have:

#2 CMD, #2 SEC T'Kuvma
    #6 DIP Sarek
    #4 SEC Lt. Ash Tyler
    #2 SCI Reinforcements Stamets
    #3 SCI First Officer Saru

I'm pretty pleased with those additions, though I'll readily concede I wish Sarek wasn't the only one with a tertiary skill and that they had some of the more helpful traits.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    and that they had some of the more helpful traits.
    Well, Gauntlet and Voyages aside I aced some Episode 5 nodes with my new acquisitions. And IIRC some others (high-Sci prodigy is combination that I didn't had). So traits were helpful enough.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    But let's hope they don't add holograms as bonus crew this time. That's too many. Speaking for myself, all I need is a fistful of Datas.
    Yes, yes, speak for yourself. My only android is Hollander. That's him and Winn (if I'll find slot to unfreeze her) as far as event crew go if holograms are excluded. And if they'll do "5 crew shuttles, 5 crew shuttles EVERYWHERE" again it's instant loss of event for me if holograms not included.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, there are 22 Holograms and 10 Androids. This would start approaching the level of silliness as when all Klingons were event crew (53 total now, somewhat less during that event).

Yeah, and since Hollander counts as both android and hologram, plus adding in Vedek Winn Adami, by my calculations that'd be 31 bonus crew + the main event crew. (Was originally thinking Arik Soong would be bonus, as well, but he wasn't the first time, so probably not. Unless he wasn't around back then?)

The only androids I have are 2/2 Lt Commander Data, 4/4 Prospero Data, and 1/5 Frank Hollander, so speaking for my self, I hope holograms are retained as bonus crew this time!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only androids I have are 2/2 Lt Commander Data, 4/4 Prospero Data, and 1/5 Frank Hollander, so speaking for my self, I hope holograms are retained as bonus crew this time!

You don't even have Lal, Travis?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"