Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Ghost in the Machine (rerun) - 11/02 - edited 10/31

Comments

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Speaking of Holograms:
    2/3 lv1 Brahms, 1/4 lv1 Author Doctor, 1/4 Command Hologram and 3/4 President. Not the best equalizer too, but at least something (and President was on leveling short list anyway).

With squad-shared Lore and just plain high stat crew would be barely enough for 3 shuttles if it's 4-5 people shuttles again. Maybe even only 2.

Yes, old players have bajillions of everything... but old players can force event anyway even without event crew at all just by good 5* and 4* they gathered.

For relatively new players like me (from leveled heavy hitters I have what - Hollander, T'Kuvma, Kortar, Saru, Ambassador Sarek, Stamets, Lorca, Tyler, T'Mir and Grand Proxy Neelix - and that's it) the more bonus crew the better - good chance we have at least somebody to level pre-event.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Machine

Last time this event was run, all Holograms and Androids gave bonus.

Then, there were 10 Holograms and 5 Androids in the game.

Now, there are 22 Holograms and 10 Androids. This would start approaching the level of silliness as when all Klingons were event crew (53 total now, somewhat less during that event).

Yeah, and since Hollander counts as both android and hologram, plus adding in Vedek Winn Adami, by my calculations that'd be 31 bonus crew + the main event crew. (Was originally thinking Arik Soong would be bonus, as well, but he wasn't the first time, so probably not. Unless he wasn't around back then?)

But let's hope they don't add holograms as bonus crew this time. That's too many. Speaking for myself, all I need is a fistful of Datas.

The only androids I have are 2/2 Lt Commander Data, 4/4 Prospero Data, and 1/5 Frank Hollander, so speaking for my self, I hope holograms are retained as bonus crew this time!

You don't even have Lal, Travis?

Nope. That was the weekend before the solar eclipse, and I went to Hopkinsville with friends. Despite my strong start to the event, I ended it at #4825, well beneath the cutoff at #3000 for at least one Lal. And truthfully, I don't know that I'd have kept her anyway, as I've never had any strong feeling for the character. "The Offspring" troubles me, because it leaves me cold and I have never been able to understand why that is. I've endured the anguish of a miscarriage, and I'm highly sensitive to anything resembling that, but even now, I just don't respond to that episode.
  • Options
    I've got to level (maybe) Brahms, Vedek Winn and Lore. All not too exciting really. Oh and good old Lt Commander Data who is fffe. I don't expect much from next week either, but it gives me chance to level other important crew. I can get a 2* Lurch and that'll be it.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    I've got to level (maybe) Brahms, Vedek Winn and Lore. All not too exciting really. Oh and good old Lt Commander Data who is fffe. I don't expect much from next week either, but it gives me chance to level other important crew. I can get a 2* Lurch and that'll be it.

Do you expect a 2* version of Ruk as a threshold reward, then, to go along with the announced 4* Ruk as a ranked reward, similar to the Jadzias this week?

I hope 4* Ruk is threshold, because I am seriously low on skill boosters now after this entire month of Discothon.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, there are 22 Holograms and 10 Androids. This would start approaching the level of silliness as when all Klingons were event crew (53 total now, somewhat less during that event).

Yeah, and since Hollander counts as both android and hologram, plus adding in Vedek Winn Adami, by my calculations that'd be 31 bonus crew + the main event crew. (Was originally thinking Arik Soong would be bonus, as well, but he wasn't the first time, so probably not. Unless he wasn't around back then?)

But let's hope they don't add holograms as bonus crew this time. That's too many. Speaking for myself, all I need is a fistful of Datas.

More bonus crew = more people feeling encouraged to participate.

And even holos + androids still not as many as Klingons prior to their mega event starting.

I hope they keep it as it was in launch. Sides, again, frankly, how about not mucking around with as many things on re-runs. Its a re-run, let it be like it was before.. just with an added character.
  • Options
    Will Arik Soong be a bonus crew for this event?
    ucdbvo16dy10.png
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't the first the it was run, so I wouldn't count on it.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Hi Shan,

Who's giving event crew bonuses? Will data be considered event crew for it as a creation of Soong, twin of Lore?

Had the crew been listed this query would not have been posted.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭

• Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Will Arik Soong be a bonus crew for this event?
    ucdbvo16dy10.png

• Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Some may regard my last three posts as being spam. Possibly true however most people don't want to read the originals, I suspect. Perhaps the functionality could be added to show only posts from DB so that important information is not missed.
  • Options
    It would be nice to know the bonus crew.
  • Options
    Will Hollander count as bonus crew?
  • Options
    Do you expect a 2* version of Ruk as a threshold reward, then, to go along with the announced 4* Ruk as a ranked reward, similar to the Jadzias this week?

I hope 4* Ruk is threshold, because I am seriously low on skill boosters now after this entire month of Discothon.

I was expecting 4* Ruk as threshold, and 2* Data as the cadet threshold, with Vedek Winn as 3* ranked, Lore 4* as ranked (well beyond my ability to get) but the 2x 5*s? Some of the older events had a different reward structure to anything I have seen in the last 3-4 months, here's the page for the original event.

Lore was ranked AND threshold and Dr Soong wasn't a reward although he was event crew.

So truth is I don't know how it's going to pan out. I think I'd prefer Ruk as threshold but I already have Lore (who is not the easiest to level and has terrible stats imo) so yeah.

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    When you have an undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic (in real life) playing a lead role, the only way to salvage that show is to replace them. B5 is an odd situation because of such.

No question they did what they had to do, but honestly I rate B5 season one pretty high - it had plenty of missteps, but it also had an identity that for me felt different and vibrant compared to other tv sci-fi at the time, which I don't know that I'd say really held true into subsequent seasons (not to take anything away from the rest of the show, B5 is a masterpiece). I feel like Sinclair was a big part of that, and until the reasons finally came out, couldn't fathom why he got replaced - even as good a replacement as Sheridan turned out to be, I just couldn't imagine how a whole series led by Sinclair would be anything but awesome. Finding out what the poor man was going through, and managed to put that character on the screen anyway, well, hats off in his memory.

That's all wildly off topic, so, as luck had it the community 10x ticket from last weekend's event gave me Lore, so I'm looking forward to adding a couple more stars to him.
  • Options
    I never really liked Sinclair but I have to say he did a pretty good job considering what he was going through. After I found out I had so much more respect for him. B5 will always have a special place in my heart it was unique and tackled some amazing ideas, and I reckon it was way ahead of its time despite the drawbacks.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    I never really liked Sinclair but I have to say he did a pretty good job considering what he was going through. After I found out I had so much more respect for him. B5 will always have a special place in my heart it was unique and tackled some amazing ideas, and I reckon it was way ahead of its time despite the drawbacks.

I agree. Though I stand by the thought that the analogy does not specifically for the disruption that was caused by O'Hares condition. I tend to watch B5 and DS9 annually. Sometimes I hit the extended stuff, like reading the unfilmed Crusade scripts and sometimes not. JMS, Wolf, Behr and others really knew how to tell a story and make you feel.

Its a high bar to reach, that not many can hope to reach.
  • Options
    GASP! A faction that has not been done to death and been maxed three times over in the Romulans! That's exciting!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi Shan,

Who's giving event crew bonuses? Will data be considered event crew for it as a creation of Soong, twin of Lore?

I do not have that information yet, that will be announced on Tuesday.

Can I just say Shan, this isn’t really good enough. A lot of us are running with (over) full crew slots and in order to have the space to unvault crew for the next event I need to know what I’m unvaulting before I claim my rewards for this week’s event and after I’ve frozen the bonus crew from the event just finished.

As you might recall, in the first ‘Ghost In the machine’ event bonus crew were ALL crew with the android trait and ALL crew with the hologram trait, that’s a massive list and if that is repeated this time around I’m going to need to find space to unvault about 8 crew, that is just never going to happen once I’ve claimed my logical reaction event reward crew.
  • Options
    Tuesday is pretty late. Monday would be more acceptable.

The mega event has provided some serious firepower to my crew. Burnham has the highest command base (tho she was from just prior to the mega event), Lorca has the second highest command base after Burnham, T'Kuvma is alright, good base/proficiency mix, Tilly has the highest Engineering base stat, Mudd has the rare Science/Dip mix (and high base at that). Why would anyone airlock them? I guess more power to them for maintaining a weaker crew.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Hope Kai Opaka and Data will be taken in consideration as bonus crew.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deli wrote: »
    Tuesday is pretty late. Monday would be more acceptable.

The mega event has provided some serious firepower to my crew. Burnham has the highest command base (tho she was from just prior to the mega event), Lorca has the second highest command base after Burnham, T'Kuvma is alright, good base/proficiency mix, Tilly has the highest Engineering base stat, Mudd has the rare Science/Dip mix (and high base at that). Why would anyone airlock them? I guess more power to them for maintaining a weaker crew.

Though I did not airlock them, some folks actually play the game with characters the LIKE. Take a look at Ambassador X's thread on honor for dismissing crew. He dropped Kortar, 'cause he didn't like the character.

That's the thing, unless you can find some connection to some of the characters or some such, this is just a flying spreadsheet with an RNG. Some folks who have the same mental attributes as an accountant might be good with that, but some are not.

I personally have kept characters I hate, simply so that I can use them to get characters I want, but that's just my philosophy. The way event and bonus crew work, I'd not have been able to complete my Dax collection without some help from some folks I think are rather lame, irritating, and/or are in episodes I will never (unless paid substantial amounts to write negative reviews) watch again.

Besides, with the way power creep works, in a few months there will be a new Top Command character that might be more to the person who dropped all the Discovery crew's liking. BQ and Commander Kira aren't that old and they were top before Mikey. Hell might even be a Sisko or a Kirk or wow, some one off like one of the Deckers.

To each there own on this one. But it's not that hard to comprehend both sides.

Makes me wonder if DB keeps track of airlock/retention rates of characters.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lal is awesome, finishing her today.. reaches 900 Engineering with star base bonus (maybe without too, not sure). Strongest 4* Eng I have.
    (Maybe strongest 4 Eng in game, I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong lol)
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lal is awesome, finishing her today.. reaches 900 Engineering with star base bonus (maybe without too, not sure). Strongest 4* Eng I have.

Highest base, yep. Niners Rom can beat her on average rolls due to a higher proficiency on away missions, but she's the best Eng 4 star for shuttles.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Makes me wonder if DB keeps track of airlock/retention rates of characters.

Nod said in the old forum that they do monitor that data.
  • Options

So far, I think you're right.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duras wrote: »
    ...I need to know what I’m unvaulting before I claim my rewards for this week’s event...
    Not that I disagree with your overall point, but you know that you can wait to claim the event rewards for as long as you want, right? You can even wait until Ghost has finished if you want to unvault for it.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it 6 days or 7 that crew sit in the airlock antechamber? And why should I have to even consider it? Oh, right, because of the whole “STT is a growth engine for our company” thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it 6 days or 7 that crew sit in the airlock antechamber? And why should I have to even consider it? Oh, right, because of the whole “STT is a growth engine for our company” thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Should be 7.
  • Options
    The last time The Ghost in the Machine ran, all androids and all holograms were bonus crew. Will they have bonuses this time as well.