Home The Bridge

Your Gauntlet "Just......Wow" moment

Comments

• I have found the same whenever my Gary goes up against JLP. Always lose.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should not have been close, but you know what happens on those "3s"......JLP hits the TOP of his range on all 3 where Gary has the bottom of his range

8qw8y1bbq5gf.png

I think this illustrates why MJLP and Locutus are so fearsome, because they seem to do all of the following: they seem to crit more often than their listed chance, they always seem to crit on their highest roll, and in the case of MJLP if he has a 25% chance on Science and either Command or Security, he never wastes a crit on his dump skill, he saves them up for his good skill.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Should not have been close, but you know what happens on those "3s"......JLP hits the TOP of his range on all 3 where Gary has the bottom of his range

8qw8y1bbq5gf.png

I think this illustrates why MJLP and Locutus are so fearsome, because they seem to do all of the following: they seem to crit more often than their listed chance, they always seem to crit on their highest roll, and in the case of MJLP if he has a 25% chance on Science and either Command or Security, he never wastes a crit on his dump skill, he saves them up for his good skill.

Funny, I’ve had the opposite experience with MJLP.....he always seems to get crunched.
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Not exactly a wow moment, just the apex of biological evolution doing its thing to Locutus
    ..mzqcf0fa0u1h.jpg
    And again to Seven...
    h3h9xya0e5h3.jpg

Just had another Employee of the Month!

7as27ujt4j3g.jpg
  • 65 vs 25
    j7rwt8uh185k.jpg
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Nvr mnd.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    2ez3ihhb2vmn.png

I sometimes wonder what an actual, live gauntlet battle would look like rather than just a couple of dice rolls. This time, I picture both Armus and Locutus being tasked with trying to devise some kind of medical implant, perhaps a prosthetic limb, and they’re just arguing over how many lasers it should have shooting out of it.
    2ez3ihhb2vmn.png

I sometimes wonder what an actual, live gauntlet battle would look like rather than just a couple of dice rolls. This time, I picture both Armus and Locutus being tasked with trying to devise some kind of medical implant, perhaps a prosthetic limb, and they’re just arguing over how many lasers it should have shooting out of it.

It is the Sundra vs Becky fire making challenge from Survivor Cook Islands!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a WOW for me. After 2 1/2 years, I think this is the first time I have won a direct match-up, from the "1st place" defender with me having higher stats. It was a wall so I picked him and said oh well, here comes a loss........

wi8yuc5uga42.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    jje1pegrknpa.png

So Shinzon is crap you say? Look like he beat Locutus!

Surely Locutus was quite fatigued, but still
  • That's the only thing Shinzon has ever succeeded at. ;)
  • Basically this whole Antaak gauntlet: I actually hit a crit! Oh wait...mine was bottom end and the AI was all top end...has happened at least twice every 4hrs. Smh.
    0md5qah6mwah.jpg
  • Ditto.

j9jomkpd93jw.jpg
  • When 65 vs. 25 shows up the wrong way.

l5ctzegxvlj0.jpg
    I hope that was my Kahless :p
    #INSTANTKarma!

jdhms10ev6d7.jpg
    0e6urten200q.jpg
    dh6co6g3dskc.jpg

• It was your Kahless @ByloBand, but thankfully, he has been punished. ;)
    Just......well.....you know.....

hfiba0f6xerf.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Tried yesterday to post this. Pics wouldnt load. So here it is.
    d0uidfuj1vhh.jpeg
    6ajrdmyiu0jb.jpeg

I have nvr posted in this thread. I usually just accept the gauntlet for what it is and move on. But on this one??? Are you serious? Did this really just happen. OK wtvr
    Tried yesterday to post this. Pics wouldnt load. So here it is.
    d0uidfuj1vhh.jpeg
    6ajrdmyiu0jb.jpeg

I have nvr posted in this thread. I usually just accept the gauntlet for what it is and move on. But on this one??? Are you serious? Did this really just happen. OK wtvr

Same happened to me right after my last post....Antaak v Phlox, 65% v 5% I hit 0 crits he hit 2....I guess its karma for my Banjo v Banjo win earlier today....
    WILD finish to this Antaak Gauntlet.

First, I lost an Employee of the Month...
    s4zl1vfeuvs7.jpg

...then I WON a 5% vs 25% I had NO BUSINESS winning...
    qzyot6z0yow7.jpg

...and THEN I won an Employee of the Month!
    htnq0u2ap0if.jpg

All of this was back-to-back-to-back!
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    dp0jwiz6vehf.jpg
    Guinan was 1X fatigued in this one and still crushed Locutus.
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Then for her 2x fatigue:d5zul228t8ti.jpg
    sn9l5vuegfjl.jpg
    Yes, I think she did have the mathmatical advantage, but with the Crit RNG. You can never be sure!

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens all the time in both directions - super-unlikely wins and super-unlikely losses. Gauntlet is programmed in a really weird way. Today I have a decent crew but I lose all the time in the most unlikely combinations. Just a few minutes ago: Mirror Phlox' MED 45% against Locutus' SEC 25% -> loss. Whatever. I never spend merits or dil on it so I won't let this annoy me, I am just amazed.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally achieved total exhaustion without any refreshes
    Wow, this is REALLY cool. Did you get anything mentionworthy?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    ji7rfbkcnsd6.png
    It’s more like wtf moment rather than wow
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally achieved total exhaustion without any refreshes
    Wow, this is REALLY cool. Did you get anything mentionworthy?

In my years of playing STT, I still haven't come anywhere close to a total exhaustion in Gauntlet (with or without refreshes), so I'm always impressed by anyone who's been able to achieve that. I guess (to hijack a question from another thread) that would probably be one of the few things that would be on my Timelines Bucket List.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"