Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Plague of Plagues (Rerun) - 01/03

Comments

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I quit yesterday. I overshot the 400,000 a bit - will use em for the replicator. But this is an insane event. Already 1500+ have cleared 400,000. Maybe 4000 will do so by the end! Quite a different game now than it used to be. I bet it will take 800,000 to make top 1000. Maybe will take 10,000+ chroni.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    This is where I’m sitting at 550,000 VP. I haven’t turned in my SR’s though.

b4byen47r4is.png
  • Options
    I’ve spent less than 10k chronitons too
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    I quit yesterday. I overshot the 400,000 a bit - will use em for the replicator. But this is an insane event. Already 1500+ have cleared 400,000. Maybe 4000 will do so by the end! Quite a different game now than it used to be. I bet it will take 800,000 to make top 1000. Maybe will take 10,000+ chroni.

How many chrons is largely dependent on how many event crew you have and how many recipes drop. The better your event crew the more rexipes drop and the fewer chrons you need to use. Even with all the event crew it would probably still cost 5,000 chrons to get top 1000.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I had all the event crew. I spent about 4000 for about 450,000 points.

Have we ever had an event hit 800,000 for top 1000?
    I know we've been in the 700's before.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had my fifth Dark Ages McCoy drop from a pack.
    That marks the end of my engagement in this weekend event. (Good for me, cause I have a lot of ground to make up in Fully Equipping some Data and Lores.)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    i used to think galaxies were the worst type of event, back when i was waiting for each individual chron to drop and had more crew to work on than i ever thought i'd finish...but thanks largely to voyages and the chron stockpiling they allow, galaxies are now a nice little two-day break that let me earn or finish a 4/4, in this case get me a star on a 5* who has been sitting around, AND two 10-packs!

Exactly. When we still had to level up many crew members to build up power and before Voyages I disliked Galaxy events myself. Voyages was a true game changer concerning that. Also of course the fact that over time the need to level crew constantly got smaller and we can instead build up our resources. And, as you said, next to the other benefits like a complete 4/4 etc. they give us a flexible timetable. Unlike the Shuttle events where you basically have to live after the gameclock to be competitive...

• Options
    THICKING CLOCK build middle item has an autofill crew member option of the last used crew. This seems that devs tested something to speed up galaxy events and to made it less annoying but something went wrong and they left some code in the final release.
  • Options
    Completely unable to build that item and complete the mission.
  • Options
    If you deselect auto selected crew then you can not select an other. This build has te last builded item traits and difficulty so simply build something then build the middle item.
  • Options
    Here’s the before and after of turning in my super rares.

gf0me0k7ezbw.png
    4nojsz6r6kbo.png
    uof7bm88fa7z.png
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Engineering thread about the issue with crafting a specific recipe:
    Shan wrote: »
    Letting the team know about this but at this stage I do not think this will be fixed.
    Confirming that we won't be able to fix this before the event ends.
    How this will be dealt with will be discussed tomorrow.

It looks on the surface like it affects everyone equally, but people who already had those items stocked are going to be affected more than people who don't have any of those items and consider that recipe "more expensive".

It would have helped to have had somebody at DB working yesterday, during the event, of course, so this could be fixed before the event end.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    From the Engineering thread about the issue with crafting a specific recipe:
    Letting the team know about this but at this stage I do not think this will be fixed.
    Confirming that we won't be able to fix this before the event ends.
    How this will be dealt with will be discussed tomorrow.

It looks on the surface like it affects everyone equally, but people who already had those items stocked are going to be affected more than people who don't have any of those items and consider that recipe "more expensive".

It would have helped to have had somebody at DB working yesterday, during the event, of course, so this could be fixed before the event end.

Hawke for everyone!!!!!

Or a "directed" Begold. Gives a choice of EMA, Doc Savage, or Hawke
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It's worse than it just being stuck. It will have wasted any of items that you have required to craft the "preservation protocols".

This is explained in Engineering / Major Galaxy Bug.

Probably cost us all about 2000 chronitons.

Expect DBs fingers to be firmly in their ears.
  • Options
    inconvenient, but that was a high chron cost build component anyways. Except for those who happened to have the components pre-farmed (which is a guessing game anyways), it was an easy method for everyone to avoid a high chron cost mission if they didn't check into such things themselves.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Those of us that prefarmed have had all those items force craft "preservation protocols" (I have had 112 Preservation Protocols force made) yet we're unable to use those Preservation Protocols to complete "A Ticking Clock"

Does that still sound fair?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those of us that prefarmed have had all those items force craft "preservation protocols" (I have had 112 Preservation Protocols force made) yet we're unable to use those Preservation Protocols to complete "A Ticking Clock"

Were those the only items you pre farmed? Do you not have chrons to farm others? I get your frustration but I think you have benefitted greatly from pre farming for many galaxy events and this time it did not work out completely for you. It is lucky that DB does not change the items in these events from event to event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I said earlier that I only had 12k chrons to work with, was planning not to aim for Hawk since I didn't think it would be enough for a top 1k finish. Others opinioned that should be plenty.

Got McCoy, decided if I invested that much, might as well go for Hawk. Burned 11.6k to get safely into top 1k. So I was very nearly right.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said earlier that I only had 12k chrons to work with, was planning not to aim for Hawk since I didn't think it would be enough for a top 1k finish. Others opinioned that should be plenty.

Got McCoy, decided if I invested that much, might as well go for Hawk. Burned 11.6k to get safely into top 1k. So I was very nearly right.

You get the Scotty/Geordi/O’Brien/Torres/Trip/Stamets award for building in margins of safety against bonkers events like this one. :-)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Ah this was painful. Had been saving chrons for ages to have a stab at seeing how high I could rank. In the end targeted top 500 (next achievement) and paid heavily for it. Would guess ~10k chrons, hit 407 or so.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I apologize for nearly steering you wrong, but it honestly baffles me how you did not destroy me in rank. I had 6k chrons starting the event, and intentionally limited my chron spending to rank about 800 because I just wanted Hawk. I still had 1.5k chrons left at the end! I was running 8 hour voyages all weekend, maybe that's something you are unable to do yet? I still have lots of crew to level so I don't prefarm galaxy components at all, though have large piles of some of the components that are seldom used in character levelling.

When you say "burned 11.6k", does that include voyage and cadet chrons you gained during the event?
    Presumably you were still gaining them from starbase dailies and voyages every day and Friday/Monday cadet missions with double bonuses. Congrats on getting Hawk, I will need to be more careful giving advice on chron capacity for events.

edit: I just realized I had not considered your event crew. perhaps you did not have both purples and warship doc? Though I did not have Mccoy, I had the other 3 event crew (waited for a third star from community rewards on warship chakotay before I started).
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Were those the only items you pre farmed? Do you not have chrons to farm others? I get your frustration but I think you have benefitted greatly from pre farming for many galaxy events and this time it did not work out completely for you. It is lucky that DB does not change the items in these events from event to event.

Either I'm not being clear, you're misunderstanding or you're being purposefully condescending.

I and others spent chronitons to farm items. Now we are left without the items we farmed or the chronitons used to farm them. The items were used up to craft an event item (multiple times) that we couldn't use.

I find it incredible that people asking about crew spots but are willing to let continuously bugged events pass. Personally, I don't struggle for crew spots (I currently have 19 available after freezing this week's event crew and thawing next week's) so I stay out of that debate. There's no need for me to chime in and say "I'm alright, so it doesn't matter." What good would that do? It matters to them.

I am not saying that you were one of those moaning about crew spots merely making the comparison that people bring up their gripes on here all the time. Mine is a genuine gripe yet you seem to think it doesn't matter. It does to me.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I apologize for nearly steering you wrong, but it honestly baffles me how you did not destroy me in rank. I had 6k chrons starting the event, and intentionally limited my chron spending to rank about 800 because I just wanted Hawk. I still had 1.5k chrons left at the end! I was running 8 hour voyages all weekend, maybe that's something you are unable to do yet? I still have lots of crew to level so I don't prefarm galaxy components at all, though have large piles of some of the components that are seldom used in character levelling.

When you say "burned 11.6k", does that include voyage and cadet chrons you gained during the event?
    Presumably you were still gaining them from starbase dailies and voyages every day and Friday/Monday cadet missions with double bonuses. Congrats on getting Hawk, I will need to be more careful giving advice on chron capacity for events.

edit: I just realized I had not considered your event crew. perhaps you did not have both purples and warship doc? Though I did not have Mccoy, I had the other 3 event crew (waited for a third star from community rewards on warship chakotay before I started).

People need to be really careful on trying to translate chron capacity to VP or rank in galaxies. Pre-existing inventory and crafting crew can heavily impact Performance.

There are some players in the game who could craft 1.5mil VP in almost any galaxy with no chron usage during the event just from prefarmed items.

Even with someone who is needs to farm from the start, are they farming 1 item or all the items? That is the difference between needing 10 chrons per 1025 turn in or 60-70 per turn in.

Event crew also matter, those can turn each 1025 turn in into anywhere from 1200vp to 1900vp depending on the skill on the crafting slot and crew available.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

People need to be really careful on trying to translate chron capacity to VP or rank in galaxies. Pre-existing inventory and crafting crew can heavily impact Performance.

There are some players in the game who could craft 1.5mil VP in almost any galaxy with no chron usage during the event just from prefarmed items.

Even with someone who is needs to farm from the start, are they farming 1 item or all the items? That is the difference between needing 10 chrons per 1025 turn in or 60-70 per turn in.

Event crew also matter, those can turn each 1025 turn in into anywhere from 1200vp to 1900vp depending on the skill on the crafting slot and crew available.

Preach. A couple of months of farming has left me with rather large piles of many items used for Galaxy event crafting. There were only a handful of items that I didn’t focus on, in part because I forgot about them and partly due to being only available from away missions. With the assistance of Warship Chakotay, Danara Pel, and a 2/5* Warship EMA I ended up only needing to run missions to get radiation collectors, spectral micrometers, and TOS hyposprays...I didn’t bother counting the number of chrons used but I burned everything from the threshold rewards, roughly a day’s worth of regular accumulation, and a couple of voyages to clear the thresholds.

Of my 419k VP, about 260k was from building recipes on Thursday and Friday and the rest was from cashing in vaccines right after the start of phase 2. Although the insane VP inflation of this event kept me out of the top 3000, I figure I got off pretty cheaply due to pre-farming and event crew.
  • Options
    I had a LOT of prefarmed items so when it came time to build I didn't have to ran as many missions as I would NORMALLY for Galaxy. I had all the event crew, even Mccoy FF/FE so I got a bonus almost every time.

I went hard the first phase, barely played second phase and came in rank 460.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Chronies in in game mail, for the issue.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?