Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Plague of Plagues (Rerun) - 01/03

Comments

• Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Chakotay and Danara Pel immortal, and McCoy is 4/5. I'm down for that immortalizing star. I also have all but one EMH variant immortal too (missing Virtuoso). This should be an easy cruise.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    For the uninitiated:
    memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Hawk_(Lieutenant)

EDIT:
    Tinyurl-ed it because message boards don't like the () in the link:
    https://tinyurl.com/z3w8bzj

I am initiated!!!!!

Great actor in anything he is in. Great as a badguy, such as in Walking Tall. {The remake, where real life Nordic dude Bufford Pusser is played by a multi-racial retired WWE Superstar.}

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Neal_McDonough

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Nice, final star for Chakotay and hopefully another one on Bones :)
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    Sweet! Hopefully I can get my 4th star for McCoy. I have Danara Pel 1/4 so hopefully she is threshold.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, final star for Chakotay and hopefully another one on Bones :)

I have Bones one star at level seventy and Warship Chakotay I recently picked up on Voyage one star at level sixty. Hoping to find a lot of SRs for Phase Two.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Wow Dark Ages mccoy is terrible. Very excited about Assimilated Hawk though!

Terrible on base stats, but FF/FE he is perhaps the only card in the entire game which gets 1000 or above in ALL three of his skills for a voyage.

Fair enough. His total voyage score is very close to bashir actually, and Med/Sec voyage is useful. Terrible was definitely overstating it. He's certainly better than a larger pile of crew behind him, but would probably never get a citation priority for someone just getting him now (like me).
  • Options
    Also, most memorable role for me of Neal was Ravenous (here's a picture to meet the recent trend of less clothed crew):

8z2koec2q11n.png
  • Options
    I've burnt through a lot of chronitons recently so I'mma go easy on this one and continue trying to rebuild my stockpile. I do, however, have a 1/4 Danara Pel I'd very much like to immortalize and I'd appreciate ever so much if she might be in the thresholds rather thank the rank table this go round.
  • Options
    I thought I could just be threshold and out for the rerun, but you got me with a Hawk.
  • Options
    Dark Ages McCoy was the second gold I immortalized. He's a voyage stalwart for me.

If there's a copy in thresholds, looks like I'll be airlocking my first gold ever.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for assimilated Hawk but no way I'm grinding a top 1k on a galaxy. Maybe try some event pulls the week after
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    Yay for assimilated Hawk but no way I'm grinding a top 1k on a galaxy. Maybe try some event pulls the week after

Right? I think I spent over 10k chronitons in the Mountaineer Spock event to try and get Presage
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

Right? I think I spent over 10k chronitons in the Mountaineer Spock event to try and get Presage

That event was odd, usually start a Galaxy ~4000 cron and that’s usually enough + Voyage returns to place well into the top 1000. I started that Event with 8000 cron and finished ~1300 and I’m really hoping that isn’t the new “normal”.

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll see what the stats look like for Hawk, but consider... when the event starts, it will have been 3 events since the prior galaxy (the faction-galaxy hybrid Silent Night). That's a lot of chron-accumulation time (for both the "chron-savers" and the "item pre-farmers"). I think you can reasonably expect the next galaxy event to be have an elevated chron expense to achieve top 1000. It may or may not be the new normal, but it will be the reality for this event.
  • Options
    Wow Dark Ages mccoy is terrible. Very excited about Assimilated Hawk though!

Funny. I feel exactly the opposite way. MCcoy is great. Hawk, not so much.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    When I saw "Hawk" mentioned, my first thought was we would be getting another crossover character, a la Army Chaplain Odo. Then I realized that this Hawk wouldn't let himself be assimilated by anyone, not even Robert Urich.

dqbdbzxydbiq.gif

"Deal with It Hawk" ?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark McCoy at 400 000 vp, but in galaxy rerun that's not such a big issue.
  • Options
    S31 wrote: »
    I hope they put him somewhere more reasonable again.
  • Options
    Having dropped a DA McCoy yesterday, I'm hoping he's in a reasonable spot. I was going to give this event a miss before one dropped, but if he's not too high up the VP ladder I'll have grab him and try a few pulls to get him FF for voyages.
  • Options
    Imokles wrote: »

Yes, they better not put him where they put Troi last time...
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

Why not? Its a galaxy, and even a free player can farm the needed chrons via voyages, in advance, easily.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Why not? Its a galaxy, and even a free player can farm the needed chrons via voyages, in advance, easily.

That’s not entirely true.

Maybe not an all fresh 4 weeks old free player, but in general i think it is. And i run a LV33 5 week old, monthly card only, toon so i know pretty good whats possible and what not.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are both right. Most players can earn thousands of chrons using voyages but only the players that can go 8 hrs or more every voyage can do it efficiently enough to get top 1000 in chron needing event after chron needing event we keep having. Anyone can save chrons to make a run for one event but only top players and whales can make a run every week.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

FIFY
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are both right. Most players can earn thousands of chrons using voyages but only the players that can go 8 hrs or more every voyage can do it efficiently enough to get top 1000 in chron needing event after chron needing event we keep having. Anyone can save chrons to make a run for one event but only top players and whales can make a run every week.

I actually think going over 6 hours is less efficient for galaxies since it switches from 1 Star components (useful in galaxies) to 2 star items (not useful).

The key is setting timers and getting 6-8 dilemmas a day.