Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about event: Might Makes Right - 01/31 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    He's much more of a relevant recurring character from the show than Etana Joll and Minuet. It's an improvement!

Except for those of us hoping a certain new character from Season Two with Eng/Med would be the Recurring.

However, I am going to stop sharping the torches and lighting the pitchforks.

This time.......

We don't know how much of Discovery she will be in. She was a guest star. It's possible she was in that one episode and is now done. In which case she's less significant than Minuet and similar to Etana.

She'll be back. I gots faith.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I don't know if this should be tagged as a spoiler, but...
    The dude's dead. Why does he get to participate in this mega?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I don't know if this should be tagged as a spoiler, but...
    The dude's dead. Why does he get to participate in this mega?

So is Kirk, Sarek, Khan etc. Don’t overthink it, time is messed up, it’s just a game.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys, this game is full of temporal and time anomalies! We have many historical and long-dead historical figure crew. Are we just searching for reasons to complain?

Well, the Season Two Launch Mega Event maybe should have a Season Two character as the Mega Recurring. Just an idea. And, perhaps a VALID complaint?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys, this game is full of temporal and time anomalies! We have many historical and long-dead historical figure crew. Are we just searching for reasons to complain?

Well, the Season Two Launch Mega Event maybe should have a Season Two character as the Mega Recurring. Just an idea. And, perhaps a VALID complaint?
    I would have preferred Pike but will wait to see what skills Kol has and how the rest of the mega shapes up to make determination. Part of the problem was timing. This mega event starts just as season 2 begins so DB did not have much time to put it together.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have preferred Pike but will wait to see what skills Kol has and how the rest of the mega shapes up to make determination. Part of the problem was timing. This mega event starts just as season 2 begins so DB did not have much time to put it together.

They have Number One, Chancellor L'Rell and Section 31 Gorgiou announced already. DB was likely given whatever advance information they needed to prep these events to launch with Discovery.

If Kol is the recurring Mega it's because the game designers decide Kol fit the plot they wanted to tell better. DB also likes to use a villain as the recurring 5* and short of the Red Angel that they may not be able to spoil much on, there are no clear season 2 villains for DB to use.
  • Options
    Kol is 2 skill. I will be (happily) surprised if he has 3
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

They have Number One, Chancellor L'Rell and Section 31 Gorgiou announced already. DB was likely given whatever advance information they needed to prep these events to launch with Discovery.

If Kol is the recurring Mega it's because the game designers decide Kol fit the plot they wanted to tell better. DB also likes to use a villain as the recurring 5* and short of the Red Angel that they may not be able to spoil much on, there are no clear season 2 villains for DB to use.

Also, it certainly does not hurt for us to ask for our favorite crew as a free recurring crew, but that's almost never where the most desired crew come from. You could argue Mirror Picard is in high demand due to high stats and Picard, but certainly nobody asked for him ahead of time.

Highly desirable crew are typically from Tuesdays or weekend events so we have to work hard and/or buy packs for them. It's kind of an obvious lost financial opportunity to give away such a potentially popular card as Pike RIGHT after he's introduced on the show, as a recurring mega so you don't have to buy any packs to get him 4/5. I would be happy to have him, but was NOT expecting it.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    We have Majel Barrett characters in game, just not the one you want. And if DB adds the Majel Barrett character you want you know it will just be in one of those pack only packs that have a many crew you do not want.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummed that we're getting Disco Number One before we get OG Number One.

This
    Amphistaff wrote: »

This is a huge travesty.

This

It’s certainly disappointing given that she’s been asked for since the game launched.

And this

I have a great respect for Majel Barret and for her to be overlooked as the Number One legend in favour of someone who's been in Trek for all of 5 minutes is just, srsly, I've no words. Out of all the DBs you have done, this is the most DB.

m7mzbwvcua6o.jpg

+1701%

And the fact that there are other Majel characters here makes it worse that we don't have the original Number One three years into this game - they clearly have the rights to Majel's likeness, would Number One specifically be any different?

Except Majel's version is not a Discovery character.

Obviously it's ridiculous that they still haven't released her three years into the game, but the writing was on the wall six months ago when they announced Romijn's casting. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised.
  • Options
    Well, I’m going to do awful on this event. I have hardly any discovery crew cards 😂😂😂
  • Options
    I literally only have 4 Discovery cards 4 star or higher. I was expecting a broader bonus base...
  • Options
    So not excited about another SEC COM DIP mega card that probably will only be two skill.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we have two Discovery mega events last year, the second one better reflecting the plot of the season since DB didn't have all the details for the first one? Let's be patient and enjoy this event for what it is. If this season is like the last one, not everything we learn in the first few episodes is what it appears to be.

No, the second one was shoehorning Discovery into ENT era.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Yeah I'm kinda sad knowing that this will be DIS Number One, not TOS Majel Barrett Number One.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally only have 4 Discovery cards 4 star or higher. I was expecting a broader bonus base...

Broader than 40ish bonus crew for the whole month?
  • Options

Broader than 40ish bonus crew for the whole month?

Uh, yes. Because of aforementioned reasons
  • Options
    I was getting excited for this Mega, but if this is a sign of the rest of the month, then looks like threshold and out all month :(

And I'm totally fine with Kol being stuck at 4/5 like, forever.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

This

This is a huge travesty.

This

It’s certainly disappointing given that she’s been asked for since the game launched.

And this

I have a great respect for Majel Barret and for her to be overlooked as the Number One legend in favour of someone who's been in Trek for all of 5 minutes is just, srsly, I've no words. Out of all the DBs you have done, this is the most DB.

m7mzbwvcua6o.jpg

Dear DB: Of all the Charlie Browns in the universe, you are the Charlie Browniest........
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

This

This is a huge travesty.

This

And this

m7mzbwvcua6o.jpg

+1701%

And the fact that there are other Majel characters here makes it worse that we don't have the original Number One three years into this game - they clearly have the rights to Majel's likeness, would Number One specifically be any different?
    What is it about this Majel Barrett character that made you love her so much and makes you so mad DB has not put her in game when we do have other Majel Barrett characters? Just curious, not criticizing.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This is extremely disappointing.
  • Options

This

This is a huge travesty.

This

And this

m7mzbwvcua6o.jpg

+1701%

What is it about this Majel Barrett character that made you love her so much and makes you so mad DB has not put her in game when we do have other Majel Barrett characters? Just curious, not criticizing.

Particularly because she was in ONE episode, with arguably poor writing. Also, as much as the forum makes it seem otherwise from all the discussion, every poll shows TOS is not one of the more popular series.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope Kol is 3-stat and sec primary.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Georgiou, L'Rell, Garak, and Discovery crew.

Current Discovery crew:

2 Desert Michael Burnham
    2 Prisoner Michael Burnham
    2 Lieutenant Commander Saru
    2 Off-Duty Tilly
    4 Lt Commander Airiam
    4 Graduation Michael Burnham
    4 Tactical Michael Burnham
    4 Prospect Michael Burnham
    4 Armed Philippa Georgiou
    4 Commander Ellen Landry
    4 Time Loop Mudd
    4 Sarek
    4 First Officer Saru
    4 Reinforcements Stamets
    4 Celebratory Ash Tyler
    4 Lt. Ash Tyler
    4 Torchbearer Voq
    5 Away Team Michael Burnham
    5 EV Suit Burnham
    5 First Officer Burnham
    5 Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    5 Dr. Hugh Culber
    5 Desert Philippa Georgiou
    5 Emperor Philippa Georgiou
    5 Kol of House Kor
    5 Covert Operative Leland
    5 Captain Lorca
    5 Vengeful L'Rell
    5 Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    5 Number One
    5 Torchbearer Rejac
    5 The Prophet
    5 Suus Mahna Sarek
    5 Away Team Saru
    5 Mirror Shukar
    5 Ripper
    5 Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    5 Captain Killy
    5 T'Kuvma
    5 Tyler, Son of None
    Sorry, Shan, I feel like I'm being nit-picky, but will Chancellor L'Rell count as "Discovery Crew" for the rest of the Mega? As she's not specifically mentioned, I just wanted to check!
  • Options
    Just gotta read the fine print. And maybe the rest of it too...

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Georgiou, L'Rell, Garak, and Discovery crew.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...