Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Sum of Its Parts - 02/07 (Mega-Event Part 2)

Comments

• To all those asking - The Enterprise-E is definitely on our list for future ships. I'm not sure when it's coming but it will more than likely happen.

Edit: Typo

So, before October 30, 2372? 😉
  • das411 wrote: »
    yay TMP Chekov and i only have to take good ol' darts o'brien out of the freezer, man i can remember back when he was the best ENG i had...did anyone else lean on him when they were just starting out?

and of course thanks for posting Riker!

I remember using the Chief on a regular basis, yes. Undercover O’Brien, too. How far we’ve come, eh?

I still use Undercover O'Brien in the Arena.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    yay TMP Chekov and i only have to take good ol' darts o'brien out of the freezer, man i can remember back when he was the best ENG i had...did anyone else lean on him when they were just starting out?

and of course thanks for posting Riker!

Depending on Number One's ship skills, I might leave O'Brien in the freezer.
    I prefer using Klingon O'Brien for his early shield regen.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • The Constitution class is my favorite starship design, so I don't mind getting another 5* copy of 1701 at all. I hope we get Excelsior or The Enterprise B sometime, though.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred a different ship seeing as we already have the U.S.S. Enterprise, U.S.S. Enterprise A, I.S.S. Enterprise and the Constitution Class. Although I can't really think of any other ships from Discovery that I would want that isn't already in game. Maybe the Klingon Bird-of-preys? Hopefully Pike's Enterprise will look as good in the game as it does on the show.

It's probably for the best, I don't have enough dilithium to chase it anyway.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to 5* Mirror Stamets. I'm still surprised that we don't have Spore Drive Stamets though.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    I would have preferred a different ship seeing as we already have the U.S.S. Enterprise, U.S.S. Enterprise A, I.S.S. Enterprise and the Constitution Class. Although I can't really think of any other ships from Discovery that I would want that isn't already in game. Maybe the Klingon Bird-of-preys? Hopefully Pike's Enterprise will look as good in the game as it does on the show.

It's probably for the best, I don't have enough dilithium to chase it anyway.

New pattern BoP 2* would have been nice for the Skirmish..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Chief O'Brien and New Chekov may be good. I once had undercover Chekov and 1* Chekov but didn't have a need to keep them. I wish I hadn't airlocked some Disco crew a while back.
    Note: it is great Ent-E is in the works.
    Does this also mean there is a TMP event in the future?
  • To all those asking - The Enterprise-E is definitely on our list for future ships. I'm not sure when it's coming but it will more than likely happen.

I hope so, we really should have gotten it long before STD Enterprise.
  • Disco Enterprise. Bleh. A monstrosity of unnecesary changes and additions. I’m surprised they didn’t put flame decals and a spoiler on there as well.

THIS.
  • Hard disagree
  • Finally i can get my three missing stars for Darts O‘Brien...he is sitting at 1/4* for over a year now...

Disco Enterprise is fine for me, but i hoped for some klingon ship - like a Vor‘cha cruiser or Neg‘var
  • Hard disagree

Hard?

Is there an "easy" or "soft" disagree? Lol
  • Pure skirmish event you say? Count me in!!!!!!!!!
  • Spocky wrote: »
    Skirmish, nice.

Don’t tell me, it’s Chekov and O’Brien from Discovery.

We know you love TOS and you hate Discovery. You made that clear already in the other event thread (event threads btw, not endless I hate Discovery threads :p) That aside: Yes, Mirror Chekov and Clone O´Brien from the brandnew Discovery animated series ;)
    Spocky wrote: »
    Skirmish, nice.

Don’t tell me, it’s Chekov and O’Brien from Discovery.

Thanx. Somehow I had missed you when I was cleaning up.

Yikes, people round here really have trouble detecting humour, don’t they.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'm looking forward to 5* Mirror Stamets. I'm still surprised that we don't have Spore Drive Stamets though.

Surprised more people aren't more excited about Mirror Stamets, I was under the impression the discovery fans have been asking for him for awhile now;)

Some time in the vicinity of the Picard series launch with bell and whistles. You'll do a full on NCC1701-fest it you take the advice of this community member.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »

Surprised more people aren't more excited about Mirror Stamets, I was under the impression the discovery fans have been asking for him for awhile now;)
    I am looking forward to him. Hope he has three skills.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

I am looking forward to him. Hope he has three skills.

IIRC, people have been pretty equal wanting Mirror Stamets and Plugged In Stamets.

Sci/Eng is obvious. Maybe Sec because Mirror? It's kinda the go to for Mirror Crew.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • WoghdWoghd ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hard disagree

Again...THIS.
  • WoghdWoghd ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Event Name: The Sum of Its Parts
    Event Type: Skirmish Event
    Event Crew: Bridge Officer Number One 5* (New), Lieutenant Chekov 4* (New), and Chief O'Brien 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 02/07 until Monday 02/11

Hopefully, Checkov will be the ranked reward. I have O'Brien, and its sort of a slap in the face not to have the original Number One yet. This one is cute, but she has the Kirk era uniform on, instead of the Pike era uniform...wierd...they did the same error with the phaser, its like nobody bothers to do basic research, gah.

Anyway, YAY for Chekov!
    (ST:TMP doesn't get NEARLY enough love in this game!)
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

I was hoping he'd be the 4* in Thresholds. As a 5* it's unlikely I'll be able to get him.
  • Woghd wrote: »
    Event Name: The Sum of Its Parts
    Event Type: Skirmish Event
    Event Crew: Bridge Officer Number One 5* (New), Lieutenant Chekov 4* (New), and Chief O'Brien 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 02/07 until Monday 02/11

Hopefully, Checkov will be the ranked reward. I have O'Brien, and its sort of a slap in the face not to have the original Number One yet. This one is cute, but she has the Kirk era uniform on, instead of the Pike era uniform...wierd...they did the same error with the phaser, its like nobody bothers to do basic research, gah.

Anyway, YAY for Chekov!
    (ST:TMP doesn't get NEARLY enough love in this game!)

It’s not lack of research, she has that uniform because that’s what she is wearing in Discovery, if you didn’t know, she is from discovery, that’s why the phasers are different too, not an error.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disco Enterprise. Bleh. A monstrosity of unnecesary changes and additions. I’m surprised they didn’t put flame decals and a spoiler on there as well.

It looks great with its makeover. They had to change it a little to fit in with the look of the new show. It looks good though flame decals and a spoiler sound awesome too. HOT ROD ENTERPRISE!
    The Discovery Enterprise resolves the Ship of Theseus paradox created when changing from the TOS Enterprise to TMP Enterprise. I don't have a problem with this, but I also don't understand the hate over Discovery. As a TOS fan even I can grasp the concept that the show has to update its visuals in an attempt to remain futuristic. Besides, the improvements in technology are the fault of Picard and crew in First Contact anyway.

Keep in mind that while Picard and crew's disruption to the timeline was minimal - mostly upgraded display tech in the cockpit of Phoenix and launch control - they did destroy a Borg Sphere. The remains of that sphere were found (Star Trek: Enterprise) and the tech advancements within would have given Federation tech a more advanced look. By the mid-23rd Century Federation tech would look very advanced compared to TOS.

For this to work however, we have to assume that the TOS and TAS episodes were the pre-First Contact versions. These adventures would still occur, but look very different as a result of changes First Contact wrought. We would also have to retcon or completely ignore Trials and Tribbleations from DS9, since it used TOS footage.

Now I pulled this out of my butt and it is probably half-baked, but this is how I reconcile Discovery's look with TOS. I'm happy with this, and happy with the look of the Discovery Enterprise.
    An interesting theory. People complain about the spore drive and how advanced it is but that is not a problem. Spore Drive cannot work on its own without a navigator. As long as there are not unlimited navigators or if the writers come up with a reason why the Spore Drive can never be used in later series then there is no continuity problem. The other treks all had advanced methods of travelling places in different episodes and movies but they were limited to an episode or movie. Just look at Discovery as one long episode with advanced space travel that cannot be used after.
    Let’s fly!