Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Fixed Variables - 03/14

Comments

• 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool redesign. If Season Five had also done away with the worst series finale since "Blake's 7" that would have been even more awesome!!!!!

And now I have Paul Darrow stuck in my head all weekend. "Trust me - hammier than the hammiest can actually work". And it did.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • enigma starlordenigma starlord ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    Test Pilot Archer?
    2dim5twnmc6k.png

I take it back,
    THIS would be a cool Test Pilot Archer:
    2gjekaiqeb2x.png

Yes and it would fit in nicely with coffee janeway as Archer is hearing the sound of coffee percolating while up in the jet.

and that image is from Quantum Leap. A totally and unrelated episode...of Star Trek...or fanfiction...
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I’ve dropped like osmium in phase 2 are people really going hard for Pulaski
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Test Pilot Archer?
    2dim5twnmc6k.png

I take it back,
    2gjekaiqeb2x.png

Yes and it would fit in nicely with coffee janeway as Archer is hearing the sound of coffee percolating while up in the jet.

and that image is from Quantum Leap. A totally and unrelated episode...of Star Trek...or fanfiction...

A great episode yes. The pilot I believe. A pilot about a pilot. Hehe. Shame Enterprise did not have more of Quantum Leap Scott Bakula. That guy could really act.
    Let’s fly!
  • I still want the season 5 (if allowed to continue) retrofit nx enterprise

I think the redesign looks great, other than the fact that it has 2 deflector dishes. The one on the saucer section becomes obsolete with that one on the main hull.
  • WoghdWoghd ✭✭
    3 years....time for this!

gcocqjlc14dq.jpg

db6dsn4rdgia.jpg

Bird of prey is my favorite of all ships since "Balance of Terror"

• WoghdWoghd ✭✭
    Even the semi-canon NX-Refit would be neat, for an event with Archer.

Semi-canon because it was designed by Doug Drexler, planned for a Season 5 of Enterprise, which never happened.

31555340a8ba5098f784e9936a288632.jpg

Cool redesign. If Season Five had also done away with the worst series finale since "Blake's 7" that would have been even more awesome!!!!!

Well you have to blame b-4 for that finale. If he wasn’t cast then nemesis might not have tanked so badly and enterprise would have got 5th season

Well UPN cancelled their #1 show...what were they think8ng?
  • (UFP) Garak Ziyal(UFP) Garak Ziyal ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Test Pilot Archer?
    2dim5twnmc6k.png

I take it back,
    2gjekaiqeb2x.png

A great episode yes. The pilot I believe. A pilot about a pilot. Hehe. Shame Enterprise did not have more of Quantum Leap Scott Bakula. That guy could really act.

It is the pilot episode.
    Scott Bakula as shown in QL is one of my favourite science fiction actors. The character of Sam Beckett took the whole series through and that in any genre is exceedingly rare.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Flemming wrote: »
    Test Pilot Archer?
    2dim5twnmc6k.png

I had something for this...
  • Flemming wrote: »
    Test Pilot Archer?
    2dim5twnmc6k.png

I take it back,
    2gjekaiqeb2x.png

and add Dean Stockwell's character from season 1
  • 8n2b3d8fauyy.jpg
    it'll probably be NX alpha. maybe explorer or expiremental trait. could we see Bajoran sail light ship as well on the horizon.
  • A new Harry Kim 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Good shout on the NX-01 refit.

I’m wondering if they might one day do a non-canon ship, like the USS Emmett Till from the upcoming DS9 documentary. Or something from STO like the Enterprise F (I’d rather they didn’t!).

dz2kv7aoccxl.jpeg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m wondering if they might one day do a non-canon ship, like the USS Emmett Till from the upcoming DS9 documentary. Or something from STO like the Enterprise F (I’d rather they didn’t!).

dz2kv7aoccxl.jpeg

I would be down for ships and characters from STO. The Odyssey-class looks pretty slick...and I wouldn’t say no to getting Captain Shon, either.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

dz2kv7aoccxl.jpeg

I would be down for ships and characters from STO. The Odyssey-class looks pretty slick...and I wouldn’t say no to getting Captain Shon, either.

I would guess the licensing for STO would be difficult. I don't know if CBS has the rights for STO original ships to then re-license out to other people. We have seen DB use comic creations, so it's possible, but may be more difficult than ships shown on the TV shows.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

dz2kv7aoccxl.jpeg

I would guess the licensing for STO would be difficult. I don't know if CBS has the rights for STO original ships to then re-license out to other people. We have seen DB use comic creations, so it's possible, but may be more difficult than ships shown on the TV shows.

Very true. It’s my personal pipe dream to see some of the more colorful characters and maybe a ship or two from STO get ported over here. Shon, Ambassador Worf, B’Vat, Obisek, Tiaru Jarok, T’Ket, Hakeev, D’Tan...so many excellent options to choose from. Still, I have no expectations and therefore no reason to be disappointed if a deal never gets worked out.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: TBD Legendary Ship. We have the NX-class for test pilot Archer and the Voyager for Captain Janeway. Stands to reason the new legendary is related to a future (at least future of when she appeared in the show) Pulaski somehow.

I vote for the Enterprise on which she would have been a crew member if Beverley had gone back to Starfleet Medical: The Enterprise-E. Most requested legendary ship in the game. Only central ship from a show/movie not in the game. (TOS - USS Enterprise NCC-1701; TOS Movies - USS Enterprise-A; TNG - USS Enterprise-D; DS9 - USS Defiant; VOY - USS Voyager; ENT - USS Enterprise NX-01; DISCO - USS Discovery; TNG Movies - USS Enterprise-E)
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Please let it be this.

u0zvbi10t1eo.gif

I would love an Akira class in the game.
  • 3 years....time for this!

gcocqjlc14dq.jpg

db6dsn4rdgia.jpg

i ALWAYS found that ship poorly designed .... somehow painting your ship like an indian teepee doesn't do it for me...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 years....time for this!

gcocqjlc14dq.jpg

db6dsn4rdgia.jpg

i ALWAYS found that ship poorly designed .... somehow painting your ship like an indian teepee doesn't do it for me...

Well, keep in mind they had a 1960's sci-fi budget. That is why they didn't just send a Shuttle down to Alfa 177 for Sulu and the away team in "The Enemy Within". They didn't have a Shuttle model until later. AMT or one of the other toy model companies financed the Shuttle model in exchange for the rights to make the Star Trek models for stores. Also, it is why the deal, poisonous Mugato has bunny feet. When they were tracking the Mugato, the shots of the tracks were stock footage taken from "Shore Leave" left by the white rabbit.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Woghd wrote: »

Semi-canon because it was designed by Doug Drexler, planned for a Season 5 of Enterprise, which never happened.

Well you have to blame b-4 for that finale. If he wasn’t cast then nemesis might not have tanked so badly and enterprise would have got 5th season

UPN went under at that same time, It was cancelled no matter what.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woghd wrote: »

UPN went under at that same time, It was cancelled no matter what.

Yup. There was zero chance of it getting a fifth season once the WB merger was announced. The CW had a specific target market, and Enterprise was never going to fit in.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it had been now then Syfy or Netflix or Amazon would have picked Enterprise up like how Amazon picked up the Expanse.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, two days out DB has no idea what the 5* Event Ship is?!?!?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."