Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Fixed Variables - 03/14

Comments

• ^ That will cause an uproar of happiness for many.
  • 'Bout Time! You like money, DB? Good move.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Y'all, I have updated the original post with the 5* ship: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E :)

YAYA
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Y'all, I have updated the original post with the 5* ship: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E :)

Having a bit of fun with folks? ;)
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh snap. The Big E. Betcha we won’t get those 25 bonus schems this week.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

Yay!!! Worth the wait to find out.

@Shan Will the Update in-game mail include 25 Scheme's again so we can at least Threshold out a Level One Ship?

Not being mean or snarky or anything at all. Just trying to help with communications the next time.

TBA = We will tell you later on
    TBD = We do not know yet
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you've made many a person happy with this announcement. Myself included.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice and will be well received, but still 3 years in, the Big Three, Feds, Klingons, Romulans.......Have the Enterprise, have T'Ong, only 1 design missing.......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    odezk7krz95i.gif

Let’s fly!
    odezk7krz95i.gif

Awesome sauce!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does someone have a towel? I may or may not have lost continence.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not get derailed from the fact that yet ANOTHER Archer has the exact same face. Are there really no other poses that Archer can use? Default face or squatting? Those are our only two options?
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Let's not get derailed from the fact that yet ANOTHER Archer has the exact same face. Are there really no other poses that Archer can use? Default face or squatting? Those are our only two options?

Where is the art posted?
  • I know there's EV Suit Archer that already kind of looks like this shot from the episode First Flight

first%2Bflight%2B1.jpg

But Headset Archer looks like a CapCom, not a Test Pilot. Joe Kerwin was an astronaut at the time of Apollo 13, but for that flight, he was a Capsule Communicator, wearing a headset. The artwork looks like a "normal" Captain Archer, aside from the headset. Hell, give him the beer from the bar or a bloody nose if he's just going to be in a normal uniform. It's not going to affect whether I play the event or spend money on the game, but I am disappointed. If that's the artwork, go with Headset or Ground Control. If he's a Test Pilot, put him in the garish yellow suit.
    6dcig3b2ejde.jpeg
  • I’m so disappointed that Archer ended up being the stale old Captain Archer artwork from the game’s old episodes.

But I so want to tool around the galaxy in the Enterprise E!
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    6dcig3b2ejde.jpeg

Three Pips. That Test Pilot is a Commander........
    I am glad we are getting another Archer. However, the hairstyle and expression on Archer is clearly Xindi-mission era. Archer *not* in a flashback hadn't even had this hairstyle or expression yet.

Painting over one pip and kind of sketching in a headset doesn't make him this guy:
    hzd2oj9dso9y.jpg

I'm glad we're getting use of that beta art, I just don't get why he's not just standard Captain Archer instead.

This is true. He looks nothing like the Archer from the episode.
    lsgo7dwwzpa5.jpg
    Hehe, Archer looks like he is about to sing.
    Let’s fly!
  • Any Chance we can Skirmish enough for one measely level of the ship instead of needing to shell out on dilithuium? Please?
    Any Chance we can Skirmish enough for one measely level of the ship instead of needing to shell out on dilithuium? Please?

Yeah would be nice even if you had to get to a million points to get to lvl 1.
    Let’s fly!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That beta art is bad, it was a good thing that it was never used.

hzd2oj9dso9y.jpg

This would be a great pose completely with this monitor if we have a kneeling Archer with wood we could have this pose with the monitor.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Fixed Variables
    Event Type: Skirmish Event
    Event Crew: Dr. Katherine Pulaski 5* (New), Test Pilot Archer 4* (New), and Captain Janeway 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 03/14 until Monday 03/18 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Captain Harry Kim (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 03/21.

Bonus crew/ships:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • medium bonus: variants of Pulaski, Archer, and Janeway
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
    • NX Class Ship 3* (Existing)
    • U.S.S. Voyager 4* (Existing)
    • U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E 5* (New)

And I said it could be the NCC-1701-E!
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • edited March 2019
    A new Archer? Hell yeah!

Edit: Having seen the artwork, I might skip it. Seriously, Headset Archer looks so odd and nothing like the one we've seen in ENT 2x24. He didn't have that stern, depressed look in the episode First Flight. Should have gone with the orange space suit instead. Sigh.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
    I am glad we are getting another Archer. However, the hairstyle and expression on Archer is clearly Xindi-mission era. Archer *not* in a flashback hadn't even had this hairstyle or expression yet.

Painting over one pip and kind of sketching in a headset doesn't make him this guy:
    hzd2oj9dso9y.jpg

I'm glad we're getting use of that beta art, I just don't get why he's not just standard Captain Archer instead.

That is Mission Control Archer. His friend was the Test Pilot in that scene.

I hope the Enterprise E is at least the Enterprise E.....
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    LOL, DB staff meeting. Alright guys, long awaited addition! Federation's flagship, top of the line. What traits should we give it?

850p3g28inkm.png

Fighter. Sure.

(On a lighter note, that trait comes up a lot in Voyages, so might be helpful.)

EDIT: If one felt like being VERY pedantic, one could argue that she was forced to sit out most of the war, according to the dialog in Star Trek Insurrection. But I digress. Good traits to have.