Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Fixed Variables - 03/14

Comments

• Amphistaff wrote: »
    Let's not get derailed from the fact that yet ANOTHER Archer has the exact same face. Are there really no other poses that Archer can use? Default face or squatting? Those are our only two options?

Does Archer have any other facial expressions? He always looked like that smug stuffy guy to me. Probably why I never liked his acting, he does not emote well.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Let's not get derailed from the fact that yet ANOTHER Archer has the exact same face. Are there really no other poses that Archer can use? Default face or squatting? Those are our only two options?

Does Archer have any other facial expressions? He always looked like that smug stuffy guy to me. Probably why I never liked his acting, he does not emote well.

Scott Bakula is a national treasure!

Plus, they can't all be the great Avery Brooks.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, DB staff meeting. Alright guys, long awaited addition! Federation's flagship, top of the line. What traits should we give it?

850p3g28inkm.png

Fighter. Sure.

(On a lighter note, that trait comes up a lot in Voyages, so might be helpful.)

EDIT: If one felt like being VERY pedantic, one could argue that she was forced to sit out most of the war, according to the dialog in Star Trek Insurrection. But I digress. Good traits to have.

yup we really needed a 5* fighter, should have been given to the ISS Defiant, now we just need a 5* 'scout' ship I believe, it will still take a while to reap the benefit of an AM bonus on these but hey ho they call it progress.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Captain Harry Kim is COM/SEC/ENG

Test Pilot Archer is some combo of DIP/ENG/SCI, which is hilarious since one of the major plot points of that storyline is him literally fistfighting his rival pilot.
  • Time to stir the pot: Archer is the Jar-Jar Binks of Star Trek captains................. >:)

Oh No you didn't!! :open_mouth:
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought one pack, got Archer. Bought a ship pack, got the Enterprise. Happy camper here!
  • Three packs, three Janeways. Grumble.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three packs, three Janeways. Grumble.

I bought one got janeway this has been my luck consecutively for the 3/4s purple since I can remember, I'm done with buying event packs now. All you want to do is add the fourth star with a pack so they won't take up a slot.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Three packs, three Janeways. Grumble.

I bought one got janeway this has been my luck consecutively for the 3/4s purple since I can remember, I'm done with buying event packs now. All you want to do is add the fourth star with a pack so they won't take up a slot.

Yeah, that was a lot of dilithium for me to blow in one shot. It's the nature of the beast, but still feels super gross.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Took me 6 packs to get my eventual final star for Archer.

At least I added a 2nd star to Pulaski, though 4 Janeways (already immortalized) was gross... feels like a big overpay for 4,200 honor and 2 useful packs of schematics!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Archer is #2 Sci for a Super-Rare but #1 if you don't count two skills garbage.

His base Sci stats will be over 1000.
  • [SJ] Admiral Aki[SJ] Admiral Aki ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Another chump here who got a Janeway in the pack pull.

That's 4 events in a row (not counting the Galaxy ones) where I've received the crew I already had FF.

Oh I did get a 4* behold though.... all FF too.
  • Captain Harry Kim is COM/SEC/ENG

Test Pilot Archer is some combo of DIP/ENG/SCI, which is hilarious since one of the major plot points of that storyline is him literally fistfighting his rival pilot.

Looks to be the first Archer with SCI, just as Humbled was the first with MED.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    This Archer is #2 Sci for a Super-Rare but #1 if you don't count two skills garbage.

His base Sci stats will be over 1000.

T-#4 with Princess Jadzia.

Irumodic Syndrome Picard, Fugitive Spock, and Graduation Michael Burnham above him by just a couple points.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    One ship pack, 100 Big E schematics.

Teo event packs, one Janeway (already immortalized) and one Pulaski (now 2/5).
    Got one Pulaski, one Janeway, and I've got enough dil for one more pack. Wish me luck!
    They just gave everyone 25 schematics for the Enterprise. That's the last time I buy ship packs.
    edited March 2019
    They just gave everyone 25 schematics for the Enterprise. That's the last time I buy ship packs.

To be fair, they weren't doing that for a long time. They had to recently with Pike's Enterprise, and I assume this is also one ship they wanted everyone to be happy to get a copy of.

And seriously, you should probably wait for the event bonus item e-mail before you take the plunge.
  • That Harry Kim looks... not good. His body is weird and his head is too big... poor Harry.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

They've done it before (giving out 25 schemes to get to lvl 1) ... just wait an hour or two next time, no rush to level a ship anyway (as opposed to maybe event crew), no FTM achievement attached to ships.

To be fair, they weren't doing that for a long time. They had to recently with Pike's Enterprise, and I assume this is also one ship they wanted everyone to be happy to get a copy of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they gave everyone the 25 schematics. I just wish they would have done it at the same time as releasing the packs.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

And seriously, you should probably wait for the event bonus item e-mail before you take the plunge.

Hopefully they will continue it going forward for Skirmishes. Instead of the Threshold leaving us 25 short of Level One.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Got one Pulaski, one Janeway, and I've got enough dil for one more pack. Wish me luck!

Damn them, another Janeway.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    First pull, Archer. Second pull, Pulaski. I may actually go out and buy a lottery ticket today in case my luck holds out.
    Captain Harry Kim is COM/SEC/ENG

Looks to be the first Archer with SCI, just as Humbled was the first with MED.

Well then, Archer joins the very short list of crew that cover all six skills. Exciting!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they gave everyone the 25 schematics. I just wish they would have done it at the same time as releasing the packs.

Agreed. I'm happy they did it, and annoyed with myself that I couldn't wait a few hours.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack #1 got me the third star for Captain Janeway and #2 got me the first/fourth star for Test Pilot Archer. I'm good with that. I should be able to hang in there well enough to get the last star I need for Janeway from the rank table without having to dedicate much of my time to the event this weekend. Good luck, all!