Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Fixed Variables - 03/14

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Fixed Variables
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Dr. Katherine Pulaski 5* (New), Test Pilot Archer 4* (New), and Captain Janeway 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 03/14 until Monday 03/18 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Captain Harry Kim (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 03/21.

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew
• medium bonus: variants of Pulaski, Archer, and Janeway
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
• NX Class Ship 3* (Existing)
• U.S.S. Voyager 4* (Existing)
• U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E 5* (New)

Comments

• PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    New Kim on the horizon! Archer event!
  • what Captain Kim, he was always doomed to be an ensign wasn't he lol

I'm guessing another non-canon character. I don't recall there being a future version shown on-screen where he's a captain.
  • Perfect timing for a 'free' weekend. :smile:
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    what Captain Kim, he was always doomed to be an ensign wasn't he lol

I'm guessing another non-canon character. I don't recall there being a future version shown on-screen where he's a captain.

He was a Captain in Endgame
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭

Final episode of Voyager.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • wfgwfg ✭✭

He was a captain in the alternate future scenes of Voyager: Endgame Part 1. Could also be the demon planet duplicate Kim who was de facto captain of the duplicate Voyager before it disintegrated, but my money is on Endgame.
  • Good shout - to all of you that corrected me :)
  • Excited for TBD! Not!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not, but I need two stars on my Captain Janeway. Guess I have a target for next week.
  • wfgwfg ✭✭
    Excited for TBD! Not!

I mean, I've already got the 3* NX and 4* Voyager maxed, so the 5* TBD is the most exciting ship in this lineup!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harry also becomes the captain of a ship on the episode Nightingale.
  • /SSR/ AHSOG/SSR/ AHSOG ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Even the semi-canon NX-Refit would be neat, for an event with Archer.

Semi-canon because it was designed by Doug Drexler, planned for a Season 5 of Enterprise, which never happened.

31555340a8ba5098f784e9936a288632.jpg
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay a skirmish AND a new archer AND captain harry - too bad i already re-froze the OG coffee janeway but thanks as always for the early warning!
  • We were due for a skirmish event. But for those who wanted to buy the $25 deal to get five event packs to try to get more Pulaskis with skirmish event the $25 deal only gives you three event packs. Three event packs and a couple ship schematics pulls is not a good deal. If you are lucky you can get the event ship to lvl1 and it will get annihilated by the skirmish ships. And you have two less event packs. I hope DB changes this $25 skirmish event deal in the future.

It's a good point. I don't buy skirmish event packs because I find them poor(er) value. So it means Dr. Katherine Pulaski is likely to be a 1/5 for a long time. I passed on Mirror Ellen Landry, as I can't afford to waste a slot with that hot garbage, but even at 1/5, I *may* keep Dr. Katherine Pulaski because she has great potential.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's a 5* ship, but the NX Alpha or Beta would be appropriate ships.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

Semi-canon because it was designed by Doug Drexler, planned for a Season 5 of Enterprise, which never happened.

I love the NX-01, but hate that refit. I'm a strange cookie. :)
  • das411 wrote: »
    yay a skirmish AND a new archer AND captain harry - too bad i already re-froze the OG coffee janeway but thanks as always for the early warning!

Dude, it's a skirmish. Just stick one of the bonus crew on the boat and use your best people as rest. Done.

Yup exactly.
    So glad skirmish
    Skipping this dumb galaxy second half and gonna hoard chrons rest of the week.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

I love the NX-01, but hate that refit. I'm a strange cookie. :)

Evolution towards the TOS layout of primary/secondary Hulls, with angled nacelles. Logically makes sense in that context. I like seeing new ship designs on Star Trek. The biggest rip-off in DS9 was replacing the Defiant with the Defiant.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • The At Dawn pack in the shop today is offering different 3* and 4* ships then the ones listed in the OP.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case it occurs to anyone else to wonder, Memory Beta lists the following ships as being featured in "The Cancer Within", the two-part comic story that gives us Dr. Katherine Pulaski:

U.S.S. Defiant (already in the game)
    U.S.S. Rio Grande (shuttles have been nixed for inclusion and would be a really bizarre choice for a 5*)
    Eagle Alpha (Maquis fighter)
    Eagle Beta (Maquis fighter)
    Surak (a Vulcan ship)

I no longer have my DS9 comics so I can't readily consult to see what the Surak looked like, and there's no image on Memory Beta. Of course, there's absolutely no reason that the TBD should have anything to do with that story.
  • what Captain Kim, he was always doomed to be an ensign wasn't he lol

Yes there is. In Endgame.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • The At Dawn pack in the shop today is offering different 3* and 4* ships then the ones listed in the OP.

That pack is not meant to have anything to do with next week's event.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.