Home The Bridge

Campaigns Beta - Feedback/Issues thread

Comments

• Considering 99% of surveys where you rank, like this, it goes low to high.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clone wrote: »
    I got the in-game survey but I had an issue with it: There is a question asking us to rank which daily missions we like more or less, but it doesn't indicate if lower is better or higher is better on this ranking. Questions like this usually tell you whether the top of the list, bottom of the list, higher number, or lower number is best.

Since this one didn't indicate which direction to rank it, players are likely to interpret it differently and the results of this question won't be useful or meaningful.

I didn’t think it mattered that much because I don’t get enjoyment from doing any daily missions...collecting beloved characters and the challenge of maximizing voyage length and shuttle success rates are what I enjoy.
  • Clone wrote: »
    I got the in-game survey but I had an issue with it: There is a question asking us to rank which daily missions we like more or less, but it doesn't indicate if lower is better or higher is better on this ranking. Questions like this usually tell you whether the top of the list, bottom of the list, higher number, or lower number is best.

Since this one didn't indicate which direction to rank it, players are likely to interpret it differently and the results of this question won't be useful or meaningful.

I didn’t think it mattered that much because I don’t get enjoyment from doing any daily missions...collecting beloved characters and the challenge of maximizing voyage length and shuttle success rates are what I enjoy.

It’s somewhere up there alongside airlocking Voriks, certainly.
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Considering 99% of surveys where you rank, like this, it goes low to high.

To clarify, by "low to high" do you mean "assigning low numbers to ones you like less, and high numbers to ones you like more" ?
  • No, your are ranking them in order of preference. 1 is the one you like the best.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Looks like an interesting way to keep players engaged. I'm kinda confused by the description of how it works though.

Also it says that to access the "premium rewards tier", you'll have to purchase it. That's disappointing. Does it mean with money or dilithium?

If you look at the screenshots in our blog post I think it will help.
    There are 2 sets of rewards for each tiers, the second set can be unlocked by purchasing the Premium Rewards Track for real money.

Aaaaaaand I'm out.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, your are ranking them in order of preference. 1 is the one you like the best.

Yeah, see, I assumed rank 11 to be highest, so I only ranked 3 items, ranks of 1 5 & 8, 1 being the lowest. Everything else I generally don't care about.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for an official response from @Shan about the dangerously-ambiguous ranking of daily missions. I don't see how DB can use the data from this question.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for an official response from @Shan about the dangerously-ambiguous ranking of daily missions. I don't see how DB can use the data from this question.

Indeed...I would hate for DB to think that we all really love scans and arena battles. :)
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    How white is that survey close. No chance to complete it !!!!
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really not a fan of bashing of F2P players as freeloaders. Thought we'd settled this nonsense already.

Well, the funny thing is: Peeps who pay for whatever usually only want what they payed for. In case there were bugs with the purchase etc. While many of the F2P players ask for more and more and more freebies all the time. Really really strange concept. In case you work do you work for free or do you want to get rewarded for the efforts you put in?

Also you are the role model of why, sorry, many (many, not all!) F2P players don´t have the best reputation. You are one of the biggest Star Trek Geeks in here, you live and breathe your favourite show. Often come across as if the things you saw in this show are your bible of life.

And despite being a spending scrooge as you admitted many times you come to DB with countless wishes and requests all the time. Often act like a big shareholder or an anonymous member of the design team, like Star Trek would be your show, those characters and their paths are yours to decide on.

And here we go full circle: Cause, again, as a mainly non spender you should cherish what DB does, next to other things give you a platform where you can interactively dive into your favourite show every day. If you want them to set 1000 of your Geek cravings into motions, well, you should also give them some "flesh" so they can do that. Always asking and not giving is zero cool.

Also let´s say you invite some friends and cook for them - a free meal. And those "friends" would complain about everything: Not spicy enough, not the right stuff etc. How would you feel? And would you invite them again?

F2P itself deserves no bashing, to each their own. Also keeping in mind individual financial background etc. But the attitude of many F2P players - THAT is a completely different story.

NO SPENDING is no badge of honor as you always want to sell. Spending is not either. The right attitude is!!!!

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Feedback noted, in the future we will see about it making it clearer.
  • So when does the new feature get actually implemented ?
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    So when does the new feature get actually implemented ?

4/18/19
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have feedback, now that we have finalized details. They are saying you can complete with "wiggle room" of two days a month. I would suggest make it enough "wiggle room" so that 25/30 days is enough. That would be more equitable for people who will miss four to five days a month for religious reasons, such as a Sabbath. Or who do not have internet access at home, and lose Sundays when public Access is not available.

@Shan @SunshineRiker

Note:25/30 because sometimes there will be five Sundays or Sabbath's or other religious weekly holy days in the thirty days.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have feedback, now that we have finalized details. They are saying you can complete with "wiggle room" of two days a month. I would suggest make it enough "wiggle room" so that 25/30 days is enough. That would be more equitable for people who will miss four to five days a month for religious reasons, such as a Sabbath. Or who do not have internet access at home, and lose Sundays when public Access is not available.

@Shan @SunshineRiker

Note:25/30 because sometimes there will be five Sundays or Sabbath's or other religious weekly holy days in the thirty days.

I might be misunderstanding their announcement, but I don’t read it as you need to get 28 days worth of accolades rather the whole campaign is 28 days/4 weeks long. It could still be that there is 5 days wiggle room in that.
  • edited April 2019
    <snip> Feel free to reword your feedback in a more civil manner. ~Shan
  • Just quoting the relevant part of the announcement here:
    The featured crew for this Campaign are : Section 31 Philippa Georgiou 4* for the Standard Rewards track and Covert Operative Leland 5* for the Premium Rewards track (at tiers 20, 40, 60 and 80).

The Tier 100 reward will be a 4* Citation for the Standard Rewards track and a 5* Citation for the Premium Rewards track!

So, no need to pay for your beloved Georgiou, she's basically free to get.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Comment moderated. ~Shan I like Discovery and I’m sure many others do as well. Would hardly think they would sign up for a third season if it was as dismal as you claim.
    robownage wrote: »
    It was a big mistake to make the first reward for campaigns anything having to do with DISCOVERY. especially the cannibal, despotic, warmongering, Georgiou. Who not only decimated the entire Klingon population, eats Kelpians, enslaved countless worlds to her will, and in the Star Trek universe is responsible for more deaths than Hitler. AND if you think I'm going to spend $9.99 for that oh, you are quite insane. do some market research. Nobody is watching that show. when was the last time it trended on Twitter? That's right never! STOP trying to force this crap down our throats. and how insulting to charge an extra $10 for a feature in the game. I for one, will never ever ever pay to unlock this crap. I would however gladly pay $10 for Discovery free version of this game.

Sure looks like somebody's watching it. Why don't you keep your cherry-picked "facts" for Midnight's Edge?

And you know, for someone who hates Discovery so much, you sure do know a lot of details about a supporting character.

I'll get the Aloe Vera. Because someone got RobOWNagED
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ZenBotZenBot ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

I don’t think this is the right game for you.

I gotta say. As set up, the price point is very satisfactory.

You can get a 4/4* and a 4* Citation for free, plus 95 other things.

Or, for just $9.99, you can get all that plus a 5/5*, and another 95 more things!!!!!

That"Wait, there's more!" guy should be doing the commercials.........