Home The Bridge

Campaigns Beta - Feedback/Issues thread

Comments

• From what i see, it takes 4000 Accolades to get the tier 20
    thats 500 per day... anyone who hasn't done their daily missions before the start... whats the "daily total achievable?

@Shan will Accolades be available from any other source other than daily missions? (ie event rewards?)
  • edited March 2019
    Is the campaign crew the same for everyone? Sorry if this was already answered.

The Campaign crew is the same for all players, yes. It was not strictly mentioned, no reason to apologize <3

:smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    borg2004 wrote: »
    how many accolades can one get from doing the dailies?500?

It looks like it is 640 per day (assuming the first Faction Mission daily and the Dilemma daily are 25 each; I already had them completed). In addition to the missions, you also get 75 for the daily reward.
  • So basically the top row is obtainable but you have to spend $$ to get the bottom row?

Captain Level 99

• So basically the top row is obtainable but you have to spend $$ to get the bottom row?

You will when the beta ends, it seems. This one's a freebie.
  • I don’t know if it’s connected, but I just dismissed a Squadron Leader from my fleet and it randomly assigned the Squadron Leader job to someone else in that squad.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Since everybody was going to have access to the premium tier of rewards for free during the beta, it would have been nice to offer a 5* citation instead of a 5* crew, since it will have different value for different players. For some, it could allow them to immortalize a crew member and even unlock a new collection reward. For others, it adds a new 1/5 crew to a full crew quarters.

I understand the concept on an ongoing basis, with both the 4* and 5* crew rotating each campaign, but it stings a little as a one-time run (since I'm in the latter camp).
  • @Shan question about the tiers. If we pay the dilithium to unlock the premium tier, do we earn the rewards for each level on basic and premium at the same time, or do we complete the free tier and then start working towards the premium tier?
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I have completed all daily missions for today.

My questions are as follows based on what I have seen so far.

1, how many accolades are available each day ?
    2, what happens if I fail to collect tier rewards before the end of campaign?
    3, how long will a “real” campaign last ?
    4, if I decided half way through a campaign to unlock premier tier will I get all rewards before that point ?
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Well like all the new additions to the game. I basically just have to try it. Usually figure it out fairly quickly. Thanks for the opportunity to try this beta version. As soon as I'm able to play it I will let you know how it is.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wright wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s connected, but I just dismissed a Squadron Leader from my fleet and it randomly assigned the Squadron Leader job to someone else in that squad.

Its not connected, sadly this was stealth changed a while back, and i dislike it very much as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • I want to thank DB that this time every player is capable to beta test. This a huge improvement, compared f.e. to the limited beta test, when honor was introduced, and while the majority was left out, others could already collect honor for their dismissed crew and got a head start.

Really hope DB sticks to the „All Players“ Beta testing in the future. :)

+1

Captain Level 99

• well so far the roll out is awful I cannot even get it started. Paid 250 dilithum because I thought you needed it to start it.
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    Since everybody was going to have access to the premium tier of rewards for free during the beta, it would have been nice to offer a 5* citation instead of a 5* crew, since it will have different value for different players. For some, it could allow them to immortalize a crew member and even unlock a new collection reward. For others, it adds a new 1/5 crew to a full crew quarters.
    5* citation would have been great. I have only 3 5* immortalized, not counting the mega eventies. Guess who's one of them...
  • @Shan question about the tiers. If we pay the dilithium to unlock the premium tier, do we earn the rewards for each level on basic and premium at the same time, or do we complete the free tier and then start working towards the premium tier?

_Pretends to be Shan_

By getting enough accolades to complete a tier, you will unlock the rewards on both the regular and premium tracks at once.

Is that retroactive, where if we decide to buy later in the Campaign, we get all the rewards up to that point?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on the cost of this new weekly subscription model? Same or higher cost for the monthly card with less dil and a shot at an old 5*?
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    At first glance,

1. The 4* guy should be a campaign only guy in the future (a lot of us already have all or most of the 4* guys)

2. The awards towards the end could be improved to give people more of a reason/incentive to keep trying even if they can't get the 5* dude.
  • [ISA] Raven[ISA] Raven ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yateball wrote: »
    NoelH wrote: »
    Are any rewards earnt during this 'Beta' kept by the players permanently or will they be deleted after the test?

I lol'd at the use of the non-word earnt here btw
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/earnt
    hav7y34a0kq6.png

Anyway, to say that folks who had already done even one of their dailies today aren't suffering a penalty during this beta is inaccurate. It leaves them having to buy accolades at the end if they want to get the final tier or couple of tiers, depending on how many they'd already finished, unless there are more accolades in a day than my guesstimate based on how many I got for being mostly un-dailied.

Am I correct in assuming that people will be able to know in advance for each campaign what the final rewards set is before deciding whether to upgrade, or will players be expected to buy blind?

(Also, I'm with SilverRose on the items cap problem: it is a specific *disincentive* for me to participate in earning loot boxes that will give me inventory items until such time as hitting 1000 total inventory items doesn't make things vaporize at random.)

One thing you may want to clarify in the explanation of what a Campaign is: whether people are expected to accumulate until they reach the final tier they plan to earn, and then claim, or whether they can claim as they go. (The result for me, so far, is the latter.) Tiny grey print on black telling you how many accolades to the next tier is not ideal.

It looks like it is 640 per day (assuming the first Faction Mission daily and the Dilemma daily are 25 each; I already had them completed). In addition to the missions, you also get 75 for the daily reward.

pulled from above... which means even if you miss the first day... 640*7= 4480 so you should still be able to get the top tier.. if you do all dailies.. every day..

_SunshineRiker_ who pretends to be Shan... or Shan in real.... suggestion..
    an email to everyone for 640 accolades .. would be a GREAT way to solve this "i already did my dailies today so im at a disadvantage" frustration....

thus everyone gets "one day free" and some people can get more than enough accolades.. if they hadn't done their dailies day one..
  • Disregard previous comments evidently if you have completed all your daily missions it is to late to start today.

_Pretends to be Shan_

By getting enough accolades to complete a tier, you will unlock the rewards on both the regular and premium tracks at once.

Thanks @SunshineRiker for the reply!
  • Just an idea: perhaps In the future the 4* and 5* crew could be unique to the player so everyone would have someone different. Then just like voyage only crew we could have campaign only crew that appear every once in a while. Just an idea :)

Captain Level 99

• Had a few daily missions complete already. Considering this was kind of just dropped on us, it would be nice if we were comped some accolades to give us a leg up.
  • Wright wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s connected, but I just dismissed a Squadron Leader from my fleet and it randomly assigned the Squadron Leader job to someone else in that squad.

Its not connected, sadly this was stealth changed a while back, and i dislike it very much as well.

Thanks, I thought I didn’t remember seeing it any release notes. I don’t hate it, it’s better than disbanding the squadron, but it just seems to have assigned the job to the highest event ranked member of the squadron, but they’re actually quite low level so in terms of crew sharing in events they’re not best placed.

• IkritIkrit ✭✭✭

pulled from above... which means even if you miss the first day... 640*7= 4480 so you should still be able to get the top tier.. if you do all dailies.. every day..

Because of the launch time for the beta (it will be at daily reset for real), we actually get 9 different sets of dailies to do it. So even if you missed it today, you can still get it.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not understanding the concept of having to spend to achieve Tiers, for those who have mentioned/complained about it. It looks to be straightforward to gaining more loot for doing something you are already doing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any way someone could "spend" to accelerate/complete this process.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...