Home The Bridge

Campaigns Beta - Feedback/Issues thread

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Renarr wrote: »
    I can't imagine that the price point that they will choose for the Premium path is one that I am willing to pay for a lone 5* card as well as other benefits that I can mostly get from elsewhere, although admittedly, making it available for dilithium would increase the likelihood of me doing so.
    I can't imagine that the price point that they will choose for the Premium path is one that I am willing to pay for a lone 5* card as well as other benefits that I can mostly get from elsewhere, although admittedly, making it available for dilithium would increase the likelihood of me doing so.

I could possibly see $3.49 {the price of a monthly Dil Card} for four eight day Campaigns. {Which would be about a month.} $5+ for one Campaign? Would not even consider that nonsense.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could maybe see paying a buck or two if I wanted that particular legendary. Otherwise...wait and see. I’m not as far along as many so I can make use of most of the rewards even on the standard level...I’m not going to turn my nose up at free honor, merits or dilithium even if it is just a little.
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I could maybe see paying a buck or two if I wanted that particular legendary. Otherwise...wait and see. I’m not as far along as many so I can make use of most of the rewards even on the standard level...I’m not going to turn my nose up at free honor, merits or dilithium even if it is just a little.

Yeah. $1 or maybe even $2. The people throwing out suggestions of $5 or more better all do every single Campaign. To make up for those of us with more sense than playing money.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the price will be 9.99. But I wouldn't be surprised to see anywhere from there to 24.99.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice addition. Happiest about it being seemingly bug-free. Glad to know I won't miss out by doing some of the dailies beforehand. If the achievment screen rework was part of integrating the new feature I can understand why it was done. I still don't like it, but it would make more sense than the unrequested screen update happening alone in a vacuum.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. $1 or maybe even $2. The people throwing out suggestions of $5 or more better all do every single Campaign. To make up for those of us with more sense than playing money.

Exactly. I don’t mind spending judiciously and supporting the game, I do a monthly card and bit offers here and there. If they go for $5 a week...now that’d be far more of a one off...like I needed a 4th or 5th star.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny story. I woke up at 3:45 PM this afternoon, was still groggy, disoriented and all that, and turned on my phone to check my voyage, shuttles, etc (you know, stuff you can do without really needing your brain?). Before you ask, I work nights so waking up around 4:00 PM is normal.

I saw ALL of this pop up on my screen and had absolutely no higher brain function to even begin to deal, and in that state I paid 250 dilithium for the first tier rewards. I have no regrets, I just thought people would get a kick out of that story.

Regarding the open beta, I think it is a fun new thing to try, and I intend to participate fully. My only concrete feedback so far is to echo what many said on page 1 of this thread and express a bit of disappointment at having this drop out of warp right in our faces without advanced warning. That said, I understand why that decision was made, but I do feel it important to say that from a customer perspective it felt disorienting and lead me to a state of mind where I felt I had already missed something important.

I will have more feedback in the morning after having spent a night doing my dailies (mine were completed by 5:30 AM today) but based on my initial reactions once my brain turned on that this seems like a fun new addition.

One additional bit of feedback, I do appreciate having the premium tier unlocked for the beta, but I am expressing a mild feeling of uncertainty about how the premium tier will be unlocked once this goes live. For example, say I intend to just complete the top tier, get the first 5 completed just using free accolades, and then I decided to pay to unlock the premium tier, is that possible?
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought...

When you get to say, Standard Tier 10, Premium Tier 1&2 unlocks.
    Standard Tier 15, Premium Tier 3&4 unlocks,
    Standard Tier 20, Premium 5 unlocks.

Thus, giving incentive to get a few premiums, and still make it worthwhile for the player to purchase above that. Maybe that would also be something like a VIP 9+ reward, so players below that can still purchase them if they don't qualify, and earn VIP points in the process.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    This is sort of a parallel issue, but with the update the new Daily Missions button now goes directly to the tab that has active claim buttons on it, rather than defaulting to the Daily Missions tab.

From a muscle memory perspective, I preferred that it went to Daily Missions by default, as I have left the "Complete a Dilemma" Accomplishment Guinan reward unclaimed until I get a copy from Voyages, due to slot limitations.

Now, since it defaults to the "active" Accomplishments tab, I am now constantly almost accidentally claiming her when I don't want to.

I wasn't a fan of the side scrolling GUI update to begin with, but now this makes it even more difficult to use.

Amen. I heartily agree.
    Feedback: Chronies on the paid cashy money Tier need to be much better than 25.........
  • One suggestion -
    Need a confirmation button for the Dilithium purchase of Tiers.

Whilst looking around this "Beta" I must have inadvertently purchased Tier 5, now have a whopping hole in my Dilithium account. CS ticket raised so hopefully a reversal of the transaction is forthcoming, 'cos 1000 dil buys sfa.

Also, damn you DB, just as I'm scaling down doing dailies , you drag me back in. Walking away from the Mob was much easier.

What button did you hit when it purchased a tier?

I have no idea, was just clicking around.
    I assume I hit the "+" on the Tier level and then without thinking hit the big yellow button on the pop-up assuming it was an exit, but obviously it was the "Rip off Dilithium" button, cause the next thing that happened , the 1st 5 Tiers were unlocked and an item reward screen popped up.
  • Renarr wrote: »

I could possibly see $3.49 {the price of a monthly Dil Card} for four eight day Campaigns. {Which would be about a month.} $5+ for one Campaign? Would not even consider that nonsense.

Maybe I should rephrase: I can't imagine that's the price point they're going to pick.

I wonder: would it scare off Monthly Card users if they raised it to $5.99 but included the Premium path for the month? Probably too complicated with the monthly card running in 30 day increments and the campaign running in 7 day increments. Maybe shorten the monthly card to 28 days for consistency to do that?

On a different note, the F2P path is actually significantly better than I expected, in that it includes a little bit of dilithium, chronotons, and a 4* character.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. I don’t mind spending judiciously and supporting the game, I do a monthly card and bit offers here and there. If they go for $5 a week...now that’d be far more of a one off...like I needed a 4th or 5th star.

You guys are smoking something, if you think they are going to do it for less then 5 bucks, considering you are basically guaranteed a legendary, in addition to the other rewards that come with it.

The legendary offers alone as of now are like 10-20 depending on which, so you do the math.

Maybe I should rephrase: I can't imagine that's the price point they're going to pick.

I wonder: would it scare off Monthly Card users if they raised it to $5.99 but included the Premium path for the month? Probably too complicated with the monthly card running in 30 day increments and the campaign running in 7 day increments. Maybe shorten the monthly card to 28 days for consistency to do that?

On a different note, the F2P path is actually significantly better than I expected, in that it includes a little bit of dilithium, chronotons, and a 4* character.

Make the monthly card 30 days of 100 Dilithium and three ten day Premium Campaigns, for $4.99.

I would not even consider paying more for less days of Dilithium.

Just my 2/100 of a slip of Latinum.
  • Moose1Moose1 ✭✭✭
    If it’s a legendary that I need stars for, I wouldn’t even hesitate to pull the trigger at $5.00. No brainer for me. The other stuff is just a bonus. For legendaries I don’t have, I’ll judge it on a case by case basis. Stats, available crew space etc.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just curious about why they had to rush it out on a time schedule. I guess DB want to run campaigns from Wednesday to the following Tuesday.

Will the crew earned on the Tuesday be event crew for the next event?
    e.g. the existing 4* event crew, and a low bonus 5*
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    This is sort of a parallel issue, but with the update the new Daily Missions button now goes directly to the tab that has active claim buttons on it, rather than defaulting to the Daily Missions tab.

From a muscle memory perspective, I preferred that it went to Daily Missions by default, as I have left the "Complete a Dilemma" Accomplishment Guinan reward unclaimed until I get a copy from Voyages, due to slot limitations.

Now, since it defaults to the "active" Accomplishments tab, I am now constantly almost accidentally claiming her when I don't want to.

I wasn't a fan of the side scrolling GUI update to begin with, but now this makes it even more difficult to use.

Amen. I heartily agree.

I agree. Please always go to the Daily Missions by default.
  • I think it’s awesome!! Please keep it!! I think it’s nice to get extra rewards. Even at VIP level 10, I have issues with earning enough honor to do anything.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good, and I am enthusiastic to get more stuff for doing dailies. I am going to pass judgement on the premium reward track until I know their pricing structure, I would have thought a couple of bucks would be ok.

One thing I would like to know is if you start the standard tier, then decide to unlock the premium track at a later date, would the points carry? Some might not decide to buy the premium track until they can be guaranteed the highest reward (i.e. the gold) as all the other stuff is kinda meh.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Looks pretty good, and I am enthusiastic to get more stuff for doing dailies. I am going to pass judgement on the premium reward track until I know their pricing structure, I would have thought a couple of bucks would be ok.

One thing I would like to know is if you start the standard tier, then decide to unlock the premium track at a later date, would the points carry? Some might not decide to buy the premium track until they can be guaranteed the highest reward (i.e. the gold) as all the other stuff is kinda meh.

Jim

It was answered earlier that yes, it’s retroactive. If you decide to buy on say tier 12, it will unlock everything premium up to tier 12

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    My question is by earning 5* crew is that meant we could possibly win one by earning a single premium pull or is 5* crew itself part of the earning possibility? For instance, I see Durango Troi there. Is she a crew that’s being used for the campaign or is she the 5* crew you can win?

Banjo - it is part of the reward structure. If you have purchased premium rewards and get to the final tier (tier 20) through earning accolades by doing the daily missions, then you will get the 5* crew member (in addition to everything else that is a campaign reward.

I am guessing that each 'campaign' lasts a week.
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk
  • Just one quick question.

After earning an equipment crate, where would I go to find it so that I can open it?
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk

After earning an equipment crate, where would I go to find it so that I can open it?

It opens automatically. When you claim it it does not show the crate, only the item that was in it.
  • I think purchasing with Dil over cash would be better. Remove Dil from the rewards. People who really wanna buy Dil will buy it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one quick question.

I did see that once the campaign was up and running. Thank you though. Sometimes I can be a bit impatient. I suppose I’m one of those I want to know now people

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of things that are concerning me though and it is mainly around the pricing and frequency of these campaigns.

If it is every week there is no way I'd buy in every week, it would mean that I would be selective on who I would go for and who I wouldn't, and this leads to knowing what the next legendary offer will be.

I still think dilithium would have been a better option as (if appropriately priced) it might even drum up more monthly card purchases/dilithium overload. The later would actually make me think it would be a way better deal than it is currently if the ratio was right.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

It opens automatically. When you claim it it does not show the crate, only the item that was in it.

Thanks, I didn't notice it but I will keep an eye out on the next one.
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League