Home The Bridge

Campaigns Beta - Feedback/Issues thread

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Campaigns Beta, please provide feedback in this thread.

Be as thorough and concise as possible, it will help greatly :)

How much will it cost to open up the Premium track?

Per the updated blog post: "The price for the Premium Reward Track has not been finalized at this time, but it will have a real-world money cost as opposed to Dilithium."

Every 8 days offering a 1/5 gold is worth maybe $1 or $2. Anything more than that just serves to split the playerbase even more.

Every 14 days offering a 1/5 gold could command more, $2-$4.

This needs to be a really great deal TM, based on a subscription appealing to a large bulk of players. Like a monthly card Version 2.

It must not end up being yet more gouging on renting fancy pixels. Seriously DB, we’ve covered your costs 10x over, it’s time to appeal to the mass market and not just the whales.

• Webberoni wrote: »
    Since everybody was going to have access to the premium tier of rewards for free during the beta, it would have been nice to offer a 5* citation instead of a 5* crew, since it will have different value for different players. For some, it could allow them to immortalize a crew member and even unlock a new collection reward. For others, it adds a new 1/5 crew to a full crew quarters.

I understand the concept on an ongoing basis, with both the 4* and 5* crew rotating each campaign, but it stings a little as a one-time run (since I'm in the latter camp).

Great Idea a 4* Citation & a 5* Citation would be much better received than a Worf or Troi
  • RegolasRegolas ✭✭✭
    It seems to be a nice bonus reward for something I already do. It will depend on the price and 5* as to whether or not I purchase the premium. A 5* citation would probably encourage me more. Or a card that I already have. I already have an over abundance of 1/5fe that spend their time drinking in 10-Forward as it is.

Thanks for the freebies tho. That is always appreciated.
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Campaigns Beta, please provide feedback in this thread.

Be as thorough and concise as possible, it will help greatly :)

How much will it cost to open up the Premium track?

Per the updated blog post: "The price for the Premium Reward Track has not been finalized at this time, but it will have a real-world money cost as opposed to Dilithium."

Great so £22.99 something like that. Even if it's £8.99 It will be too much. Even if it's £3.69 a monthly card price as this is a weekly charge it needs to be £1.99 or 99p would be even better.
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    borg2004 wrote: »
    how many accolades can one get from doing the dailies?500?

800 if you collect the 3x 20 chronitons bonuses as they are worth 75 each making 225, Completing all the daily missions gives you 575 making 800 in total. So 5 days to get a free 5* Troi

From Shams post earlier looks like different VIP levels get different Campaign points too. So DB need to say the maximum campaign points available daily for each VIP level.
  • edited March 2019
    I am having a problem finding how to install the beta client. Im on Android and have checked my playstore for any abilities to join a beta program...dont see any
    Edit: oof, im already enrolled...so it isnt a client update, it is just there! Never mind haha!
    I am having a problem finding how to install the beta client. Im on Android and have checked my playstore for any abilities to join a beta program...dont see any

There’s no new client or update. It was all stealth included in the 7.1.0 update a few weeks ago.

Reboot and hit the daily missions button.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no beta client. This is launched as a beta feature in the main production client.
  • Will campaigns be a continually recurring thing that just resets every 7 days or will they just randomly show up from time to time?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will campaigns be a continually recurring thing that just resets every 7 days or will they just randomly show up from time to time?

From what they've said here and from the assumption that they're trying to get the monthly subscription model up to $20, it'll reset weekly, and each week the subscription cost will be the same as the monthly card at $4.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign equipment shown as the reward in tier 2....how does it open? I can't find it in my inventory in either account.

Apart from that, seems good. Although my alt account is going to have to get to grips with dailies again, I don't always have time.

The 25 chrons that appear on the bottom row of tiers 9 and 19? Seriously DB? *twenty five* genuinely quite perplexed.... I'd recommend changing to at least 250 if you want real money from me
    I agree the crew should have been new extra special campaign crew. Durango I can use as I have her already, and they aren't the worst crew but I do really feel new crew would have been the icing on the cake.

It's really good you gave us all the extra premium row, much appreciated and generates a lot of goodwill. Nice to see how it works.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    Will campaigns be a continually recurring thing that just resets every 7 days or will they just randomly show up from time to time?

From what they've said here and from the assumption that they're trying to get the monthly subscription model up to $20, it'll reset weekly, and each week the subscription cost will be the same as the monthly card at $4.

Extend the campaigns to 1 month at $4 for a top tier ticket for a 1/5 gold of DB’s choice.

Don’t forget there are 8 new golds a month.
  • eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This campaign equipment shown as the reward in tier 2....how does it open? I can't find it in my inventory in either account.

It opens automatically when you hit "claim" and shows you what the item is.

bj2ern7wgaeq.png

I saw a clothing pattern when I hit the claim button, and tapped it to see that it was the item I'd won for Mora Pol, who....

2f0irag8p2fe.png

So, yeah. Item selection needs work, or the menu / trash interface does.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!

• Also, I may be more apt to consider splurging if I could pay with dilithium. That's money of mine you already have that I haven't gotten anything for yet, y'know.

This, we already paid for dilithium and now are told we cannot use it for the new feature. It is inconvenient. I do understand from the point that they are rewarding dilithium and they don't want us to just use the earnings to roll over the next week, but still would be nice to have the option.
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    This could be a good way to obtain highly desirable or rare crew rather than relying on voyages or packs luck. I’d pay for a sure shot at a 5 star that I missed out in the past, either due to pot ranks in an event or only offered in Tuesday’s packs.
  • Feedback: If DB had let us know the day before instead of day-of, I'd have waited on my daily missions. Now everyone who's gotten them done quick are behind by a day.

Better more thoughtful communication please, episode 3438690.

From the Blog:
    Please note that for the purpose of properly monitoring this new feature, the start of the Beta Campaign will not be in sync with the daily reset on Tuesday (occurring daily at 5:00 AM UTC). As such, many Captains will have already completed some or all of their Daily Missions when the Campaigns Beta begins. Future Campaigns will be scheduled to coincide with the daily reset, and the Daily Missions reset.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, I may be more apt to consider splurging if I could pay with dilithium. That's money of mine you already have that I haven't gotten anything for yet, y'know.

This, we already paid for dilithium and now are told we cannot use it for the new feature. It is inconvenient. I do understand from the point that they are rewarding dilithium and they don't want us to just use the earnings to roll over the next week, but still would be nice to have the option.

Dilithium is a premium currency but that doesn't mean you paid money for it. Especially with top 1000 event winners now getting it. I'm sitting on 2700 right now and I don't know what to do with it. I can see the argument against it although as I said earlier I wouldn't mind it if they allowed the dilithium.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I may have missed it, but did they give a price somewhere? All I saw was it will be real money not DIL and that they're still evaluating the price.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an interesting way to keep players engaged. I'm kinda confused by the description of how it works though.

Also it says that to access the "premium rewards tier", you'll have to purchase it. That's disappointing. Does it mean with money or dilithium?

If you look at the screenshots in our blog post I think it will help.
    There are 2 sets of rewards for each tiers, the second set can be unlocked by purchasing the Premium Rewards Track for real money.

Track Two appears to be free for the Beta? Nice move on DB's part. Good customer relations!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • My guess on pricing is 9.99-19.99USD, probably closer to 19.99 Here's my rational:
    1. 20 rewards including a legendary for every weekly purchase.
    2. Rewards are earned for doing tasks a large portion of the player base was already doing.
    3. Legendaries are regularly offered for 9.99US.
    4. We are not required to buy in at the beginning. Per @SunshineRiker above, we can buy-in at any time and get the rewards we have earned throughout the Campaign. We can wait until we are almost done to ensure that we will get the legendary before we part with our money.
  • @Shan @SunshineRiker , at the risk of sounding like an ignoramus, is it safe to assume that we will earn VIP and DIL like we do on all other in-game cash purchases? Thank you.
  • Looking forward to a third star on Worf and first for Durango :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Kay here is my feedback so far.

Obviously yet another money grab, cause the rewards for the non premium portion are sub-par at best, so just another way to throw money at the game which we already have plenty of already.

I spend on the game, but it would be nice for you guys to throw a bone to the F2P players every now and again.

Not that I intend to do it, but where do you even buy the premium entry?

It's extra free stuff for doing the Daily Chores. There is no purchase option for Premium because it is already unlocked.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • One suggestion -
    Need a confirmation button for the Dilithium purchase of Tiers.

Whilst looking around this "Beta" I must have inadvertently purchased Tier 5, now have a whopping hole in my Dilithium account. CS ticket raised so hopefully a reversal of the transaction is forthcoming, 'cos 1000 dil buys sfa.

Also, damn you DB, just as I'm scaling down doing dailies , you drag me back in. Walking away from the Mob was much easier.
  • I can't imagine that the price point that they will choose for the Premium path is one that I am willing to pay for a lone 5* card as well as other benefits that I can mostly get from elsewhere, although admittedly, making it available for dilithium would increase the likelihood of me doing so.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    One suggestion -
    Need a confirmation button for the Dilithium purchase of Tiers.

Whilst looking around this "Beta" I must have inadvertently purchased Tier 5, now have a whopping hole in my Dilithium account. CS ticket raised so hopefully a reversal of the transaction is forthcoming, 'cos 1000 dil buys sfa.

Also, damn you DB, just as I'm scaling down doing dailies , you drag me back in. Walking away from the Mob was much easier.

What button did you hit when it purchased a tier?
    Let’s fly!