Home The Bridge

Campaigns Beta - Feedback/Issues thread

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking, you can earn 550 accolades each day from completing all daily missions. Then, you can potentially earn more from daily login rewards (75 each day, doubled for high enough VIP players on some days for a potential of 150).

By completing all daily missions and redeeming your daily login bonus which includes accolades over the course of seven days, you can earn more than 4000 accolades which is what's needed to unlock tier 20.

There's also the 8th day in this Campaign beta test AND you can earn more accolades by logging in each day so there's some wiggle room for getting to tier 20 without doing everything every single day.

There is, of course, also the option to spend dilithium to complete tiers if you get to the end and are close but don't have any more earnable accolades.

With all of that said - we're also evaluating how people play while participating in Campaigns, so there may be changes to the feature after the Beta is complete.

Thanks for the update. Being able to do it in 7 and having 7+1/2 is a reasonable compromise for issue of rolling it out mid-day.
  • I am not understanding the concept of having to spend to achieve Tiers, for those who have mentioned/complained about it. It looks to be straightforward to gaining more loot for doing something you are already doing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any way someone could "spend" to accelerate/complete this process.

You would only be spending if you choose not to complete the process. Or if you for whatever reason were unable to hit your dailies and had to play catch-up.
  • @Shan question about the tiers. If we pay the dilithium to unlock the premium tier, do we earn the rewards for each level on basic and premium at the same time, or do we complete the free tier and then start working towards the premium tier?

_Pretends to be Shan_

By getting enough accolades to complete a tier, you will unlock the rewards on both the regular and premium tracks at once.

Is that retroactive, where if we decide to buy later in the Campaign, we get all the rewards up to that point?

Yes, if you buy the premium track later in the campaign after unlocking multiple tiers, you will receive all the premium rewards from past tiers that have been unlocked.

Perfect, thanks! Now to see the pricing...
  • Just curious, since dilithium has been mentioned a few times in this thread, should there be a claim-rewards/buy-accolades button that I don't have? I had already done most of my dailies, so I haven't reached tier 1 yet, but even if I wanted to get there with dilithium, I don't see the option.

Also, if tiers can be unlocked with dilithium, will the amount of dilithium required increase with every tier or will it always be the same?

po9ol7h6ehek.jpg
  • edited March 2019
    Just curious, since dilithium has been mentioned a few times in this thread, should there be a claim-rewards/buy-accolades button that I don't have? I had already done most of my dailies, so I haven't reached tier 1 yet, but even if I wanted to get there with dilithium, I don't see the option.

Also, if tiers can be unlocked with dilithium, will the amount of dilithium required increase with every tier or will it always be the same?

click on the plus (+) button
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    borg2004 wrote: »
    Just curious, since dilithium has been mentioned a few times in this thread, should there be a claim-rewards/buy-accolades button that I don't have? I had already done most of my dailies, so I haven't reached tier 1 yet, but even if I wanted to get there with dilithium, I don't see the option.

click on the plus (+) button

Thank you! It's so small I didn't even see it on my phone's screen :D Or maybe I'm just more tired than usual, I don't know :D
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan question about the tiers. If we pay the dilithium to unlock the premium tier, do we earn the rewards for each level on basic and premium at the same time, or do we complete the free tier and then start working towards the premium tier?

_Pretends to be Shan_

By getting enough accolades to complete a tier, you will unlock the rewards on both the regular and premium tracks at once.

Is that retroactive, where if we decide to buy later in the Campaign, we get all the rewards up to that point?

Yes, if you buy the premium track later in the campaign after unlocking multiple tiers, you will receive all the premium rewards from past tiers that have been unlocked.

q7wzy8jm3g4e.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan question about the tiers. If we pay the dilithium to unlock the premium tier, do we earn the rewards for each level on basic and premium at the same time, or do we complete the free tier and then start working towards the premium tier?

_Pretends to be Shan_

I feel it should be on a level with monthly card costs. A bulk subscription model.
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    I think this is interesting.

It’s basically some extra stuff for doing what we already do - plus some half decent stuff if we pay extra. If the premium upgrade is, say, a fiver, and it’s a decent 5* I’d buy it regularly. Not sure I’d bother for anything more but doesn’t feel like it’ll radically alter gameplay and adds a few tiny additions.
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    That said the valuing seems somewhat off towards the end. 25 chrons appear to be more valuable than a 10x portal pack...
  • After the beta, do we know how much the premium tier will cost to access?
  • Moose1Moose1 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I have no issue with a new game mode, but you guys basically just threw it out there with little to no info on it. There should have been a full length posting of pretty much everything about it, that way the player base knows Comment moderated. ~Shan
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Moose1 wrote: »
    I have no issue with a new game mode, but you guys basically just threw it out there with little to no info on it. There should have been a full length posting of pretty much everything about it, that way the player base knows Comment moderated. ~Shan

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2019/3/19/stt-test-out-the-all-new-campaigns-feature
  • (TGE) Rajin (TGE) Rajin ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Some feedback from me.
    This seems like a nice feature overall. I would recommend changing the random equipment crates to 3-4 random component crates of the same rarities. Random equipment is currently problematic for some of the player base.
    Tuning seems fine. Basically, you'll need to do dailies all 7 days to complete it.

If pricing is at the level of the monthly card, I'm probably in more weeks than not. To go much above that, I'd need a five star citation instead of a random 1/5 that I'm unlikely to ever advance.
  • If the cost is $4, I'll definitely be in for that if it's a card I need more stars on, or just one I've really been wanting (muscles Picard).
  • Moose1Moose1 ✭✭✭

That tells us next to nothing. Hence the myriad of questions here.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Moose1 wrote: »

That tells us next to nothing. Hence the myriad of questions here.

Not to mention most players, wouldn't even know to go there, heck most players don't even use the forum lol
  • EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    I'm liking it so far. A free incentive to actually start doing my dailies is a plus, and a paid bonus tier seems perfectly reasonable to me. Definitely curious as to the pricing of tier 2, I have a hard time seeing myself go above $5, maybe $10 for a character I love, but a 1/5 just isn't all that exciting at this point in the game so the appeal may wear off sooner rather than later. Overall though I'd say this is a positive feature at first glance.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    well i'm definitely in for a star for Durango. It's unlikely I would go for the purple after beta. I'd do the gold if it's for someone I wanted/needed and it was around $5.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • So far, I see no issues with the way this will work. It appears to be a feature added that works as expected. The additional items received will be even more incentive to complete dailies (even the pesky arena battles). I do agree with some other input that a component box instead of random equipment may be better in the long run (who really wants to accidentally get another one off uniform). Also interested to see how much dil it will cost to purchase the premium tier.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also interested to see how much dil it will cost to purchase the premium tier.

Not dilithium, it will be a monetary purchase.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside my concern that missing some of it today will affect the final result (apparently not, so that is good), I like this new thing. Even if the benefits for the free tier are bland, they are easy and I do them anyway. If the top tier is affordable, so much the better.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played it much yet, but it would be nice to have a way to earn more accolades beyond the daily tasks we already do. I think the balance of completing dailies being enough to complete everything is good, but maybe create an incentive to play even more. Some extra accolades for completing 50 missions, playing Gauntlet, more dilemmas, etc... As long you can complete the campaign with dailies and you don't make getting the 200 daily honor harder there would be no complaints about providing other incentives.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Campaigns Beta, please provide feedback in this thread.

Be as thorough and concise as possible, it will help greatly :)

How much will it cost to open up the Premium track?
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Campaigns Beta, please provide feedback in this thread.

Be as thorough and concise as possible, it will help greatly :)

How much will it cost to open up the Premium track?

Per the updated blog post: "The price for the Premium Reward Track has not been finalized at this time, but it will have a real-world money cost as opposed to Dilithium."
  • borg2004 wrote: »
    how many accolades can one get from doing the dailies?500?

800 if you collect the 3x 20 chronitons bonuses as they are worth 75 each making 225, Completing all the daily missions gives you 575 making 800 in total. So 5 days to get a free 5* Troi
  • For those asking, you can earn 550 accolades each day from completing all daily missions. Then, you can potentially earn more from daily login rewards (75 each day, doubled for high enough VIP players on some days for a potential of 150).

By completing all daily missions and redeeming your daily login bonus which includes accolades over the course of seven days, you can earn more than 4000 accolades which is what's needed to unlock tier 20.

There's also the 8th day in this Campaign beta test AND you can earn more accolades by logging in each day so there's some wiggle room for getting to tier 20 without doing everything every single day.

There is, of course, also the option to spend dilithium to complete tiers if you get to the end and are close but don't have any more earnable accolades.

With all of that said - we're also evaluating how people play while participating in Campaigns, so there may be changes to the feature after the Beta is complete.

So each accolade when launched will last 7 days? Is this correct SunshineRiker?