Home The Bridge

Campaigns Beta - Feedback/Issues thread

Comments

• I find it surprising that people are expecting $5 for a legendary, when the lowest price we've ever had is $10, and this reward comes with a 10-pack pull. You can see how highly DB values a 10-pack by how highly you need to rank in events to get one. I'm hoping for $10 but would not be surprised at more. Sure if they're looking for more people to get it more regularly the $5 price point might work, but you're still not going to buy it even for $5 if you've already got the legendary FF so you're unlikely to get it every week anyways. That seems like wishful thinking to me.

This is actual, real money though. You can get 10 of the 10-Packs for 10$, so that's worth a dollar. 72 Dil worth somewhere between 0.10 to 1$ at the very most. The rest of the premium path is worth roughly 0.

DB definitely values 10-packs highly when they give them for free in the thresholds, but in actual real money, it's about a dollar.

Normally they sell 10$-worth of Chrons and a Legendary for 10$, so I don't think I'd count that as valuing a Legendary too highly.

• For those asking, you can earn 550 accolades each day from completing all daily missions. Then, you can potentially earn more from daily login rewards (75 each day, doubled for high enough VIP players on some days for a potential of 150).

By completing all daily missions and redeeming your daily login bonus which includes accolades over the course of seven days, you can earn more than 4000 accolades which is what's needed to unlock tier 20.

There's also the 8th day in this Campaign beta test AND you can earn more accolades by logging in each day so there's some wiggle room for getting to tier 20 without doing everything every single day.

There is, of course, also the option to spend dilithium to complete tiers if you get to the end and are close but don't have any more earnable accolades.

With all of that said - we're also evaluating how people play while participating in Campaigns, so there may be changes to the feature after the Beta is complete.

So each accolade when launched will last 7 days? Is this correct SunshineRiker?

This Campaigns Beta is lasting 8 days in total, but the full feature will likely be longer, perhaps a month long.

Wa-hoah. That changes everything.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking, you can earn 550 accolades each day from completing all daily missions. Then, you can potentially earn more from daily login rewards (75 each day, doubled for high enough VIP players on some days for a potential of 150).

By completing all daily missions and redeeming your daily login bonus which includes accolades over the course of seven days, you can earn more than 4000 accolades which is what's needed to unlock tier 20.

There's also the 8th day in this Campaign beta test AND you can earn more accolades by logging in each day so there's some wiggle room for getting to tier 20 without doing everything every single day.

There is, of course, also the option to spend dilithium to complete tiers if you get to the end and are close but don't have any more earnable accolades.

With all of that said - we're also evaluating how people play while participating in Campaigns, so there may be changes to the feature after the Beta is complete.

This Campaigns Beta is lasting 8 days in total, but the full feature will likely be longer, perhaps a month long.

If the full feature will last longer, will the rewards be extended to match the extra effort?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking, you can earn 550 accolades each day from completing all daily missions. Then, you can potentially earn more from daily login rewards (75 each day, doubled for high enough VIP players on some days for a potential of 150).

Holy time length Batman! A month of slaving through dailies for one star on a legendary?

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting so will there be a kind of quests/challenges dynamic on top of dailies for the full version?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with above, having to hit all dailies every days for a month to get a 1/4 isn't worth the effort. A week is stretching it as-is.

You want to motivate people for a month: Make the 1/5 the free tier, and make the premium tier a 5* citation.

THIS!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    It’s actually one star on a super rare! You only get the legendary if you drop real cash!

Very true. Facepalm a month. I was thinking it was a week and they made the test 8 days to give an extra day to those who already completed their dailies when the test started. Treat this like a mega-event if it’s going to be a month. Give out a recurring NEW legendary crew each month we can 4/5. Now you got something there

Each week we can 4/5 by the end of the month I meant.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it surprising that people are expecting $5 for a legendary, when the lowest price we've ever had is $10, and this reward comes with a 10-pack pull. You can see how highly DB values a 10-pack by how highly you need to rank in events to get one. I'm hoping for $10 but would not be surprised at more. Sure if they're looking for more people to get it more regularly the $5 price point might work, but you're still not going to buy it even for $5 if you've already got the legendary FF so you're unlikely to get it every week anyways. That seems like wishful thinking to me.

The difference is, that $10 pays for a legendary outright, no strings attached. For the Campaign legendary, you would still have to put in a solid 8 days of effort. Of course, there is the additional stuff earned, which is why I could see the price deviate both ways from $10, with my guesstimate leaning towards more expensive.

Yeah. How happy is someone gonna be when they pay $10+ to do the Premium Track, and then something happens to make them miss the Legendary? It's a gamble. As you say, when you buy an Offer like Survivalist Kirk yesterday, you guaranteed got him, the Dilithium, the Chronies, and the Credits. This is a pig in a poke if something goes wrong after they have your money.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

Interesting that a month is being considered.

I’d support this, as long as the subscription is in line with monthly card cost.

£4 + time and effort, for a 1/5* gold (and some other tasty rewards) once a month sounds about right to me.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Each week we can 4/5 by the end of the month I meant.

I think you maybe on to something here perhaps they are looking into ways of clearing out useless 1/5s in our rosters so they don't have to keep expanding slots.

Hence my question as to whether there is likely to be daily challenges or quest type things in addition on the full version.

This may make pricing it even more complicated however.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading some comments here, gets me the impression that some ppl really expect that DB gives away a Legendary for „almost“ free? I mean 1,2 or 3 bucks only?

There is other useful stuff in the premium tier, so i d be surprised if DB gives it away for less than the usual random 1/5 Leg offer for 9,99$.

Overall i really like the new feature and even if u don t buy the premium tier, you get a lot extra free stuff for just doing, what most active ppl do anyway, finishing dailies.

Great addition DB. Well done!

Compare what else you get with the $10 Legendary versus what else you get on the Premium Track. People have, and $10 is too much for less.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

• This Campaigns Beta is lasting 8 days in total, but the full feature will likely be longer, perhaps a month long.

Wa-hoah. That changes everything.

This also would explain why they have to rush it out, if they want it to be ready for April 1.

• Grats DB, seems to be functioning perfectly. I have not found any glitches so far. All this discussion is surrounding adjusting the prizes, I'm sure we are all happy it seems to be a fully functioning beta.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

If the full feature will last longer, will the rewards be extended to match the extra effort?

First thought would be that there would have to be 60 Tiers for a month long Campaign, but thinking as DB does, it probably means 100 Tiers, which puts it out of reach for most players without spending.

Dilithium needs to be the currency for the final spending Tier, just like it is on the beta. To add another purchase on top would not benefit anyone. And don't make it ridiculous like 3000 dils for the final Tier. I think up to 500 to unlock the 5*, but no more.

The name: maybe 'Starfleet Operation', or 'Mission Operations', or something. I'm with @ByloBand on this, "Campaign" doesn't fit the descriptor of this gaming concept.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading some comments here, gets me the impression that some ppl really expect that DB gives away a Legendary for „almost“ free? I mean 1,2 or 3 bucks only?

There is other useful stuff in the premium tier, so i d be surprised if DB gives it away for less than the usual random 1/5 Leg offer for 9,99$.

Overall i really like the new feature and even if u don t buy the premium tier, you get a lot extra free stuff for just doing, what most active ppl do anyway, finishing dailies.

Great addition DB. Well done!

Compare what else you get with the $10 Legendary versus what else you get on the Premium Track. People have, and $10 is too much for less.........

I disagree. PPL bought the 1/5 Legendary pack for 10 bucks mainly for the Legendary and not for the extra stuff like 1000 chrons.

And giving away a Legendary for less than 10 bucks might not be healthy long term wise. And no, thats not about not wanting other folks catching up.

And btw, i prefer the extra 600 merits, 10x premium pull, premium boost pull and the shuttles boosts(tokens, 2x reward) of the premium tier, over 1000 chrons, but thats just me.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    edited March 2019
    I find it surprising that people are expecting $5 for a legendary, when the lowest price we've ever had is $10, and this reward comes with a 10-pack pull. You can see how highly DB values a 10-pack by how highly you need to rank in events to get one. I'm hoping for $10 but would not be surprised at more. Sure if they're looking for more people to get it more regularly the $5 price point might work, but you're still not going to buy it even for $5 if you've already got the legendary FF so you're unlikely to get it every week anyways. That seems like wishful thinking to me.

The difference is, that $10 pays for a legendary outright, no strings attached. For the Campaign legendary, you would still have to put in a solid 8 days of effort. Of course, there is the additional stuff earned, which is why I could see the price deviate both ways from $10, with my guesstimate leaning towards more expensive.

Yeah. How happy is someone gonna be when they pay $10+ to do the Premium Track, and then something happens to make them miss the Legendary? It's a gamble. As you say, when you buy an Offer like Survivalist Kirk yesterday, you guaranteed got him, the Dilithium, the Chronies, and the Credits. This is a pig in a poke if something goes wrong after they have your money.........

SunshineRiker did say you can buy into the premium tier at any time and it will give you the ground gained already. You can seriously reduce that risk by waiting until you’re sure you’re going to nail it before buying in

Comment edited. ~Shan
  • I like the idea that the same legendary could be 1/5 weekly for 4 weeks, for a 4/5 every month if you do your dailies every day (similar to the monthly SR we already get the same SR for 4 months). Then you decide if you like the crew member enough to pay every week, or only for some weeks if you don't need 4 stars on them.
  • I think it would be less confusing if the “tiers” were renamed to day 1, day 2, etc.
  • WSChris wrote: »
    I think it would be less confusing if the “tiers” were renamed to day 1, day 2, etc.

The issue with that is that multiple tiers can be claimed each day.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan @SunshineRiker , at the risk of sounding like an ignoramus, is it safe to assume that we will earn VIP and DIL like we do on all other in-game cash purchases? Thank you.

I need to confirm, but I believe the purchase will provide VIP points. If you're a high enough VIP level, you will receive bonus Dilithium based on the number of VIP points earned.
  • If you have multiple campaign tiers available to claim, it still keeps a 1 in the notification bubble. I would suggest that this should change to the number of available tiers: if you have 2 tiers to claim, it should have a 2.
  • This is definitely a way to encourage people to spend more time on the game and engage more with it by completing dailies. So for those saying this is just a way to force people to get their dailies done, yeah that's definitely the point.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one quick question.

After earning an equipment crate, where would I go to find it so that I can open it?

Equipment crates are automatically opened and provide you with an item when you unlock the tier containing those crates. Here's an example:

nu0mmuge0vgd.gif
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this will improve Arena participation. I also wonder how the tiers will be for a month-long campaign. They could keep the 200 accolade intervals and number of tiers (20) and dedicated players will be done in the first week of a campaign. Alternatively, they could increase to interval and/or number of tiers to require more participation to complete a campaign. Like everyone else, I'm curious about the cost. $3-5 would be acceptable to me.

So far, I like how the beta is running. Times are fine, duration is fine. Rewards look good. I'm happy to see the game getting new features.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Minor glitch - Daily Rewards Preview has a reward next to it that you cannot earn. Could cause confusion.
    Whilst its interesting, I'm not sure it adds to the game play. It's kind of meta that the daily rewards give rise to an extra set of rewards. If you were doing the daily rewards anyway, then you get more rewards. I guess it might mean some people work to complete the full set of rewards. I'd prefer it if there was something to do.
    Is the bottom row worth the cost? No clue.