Home The Bridge

Campaigns Beta - Feedback/Issues thread

Comments

• My only question is, is the premium track a one off purchase or is it a "have to buy every week". If it's a have to buy every week, I'm going to be disappointed. It's hard enough to get legendary crew as it is, with out adding yet another paywall.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only question is, is the premium track a one off purchase or is it a "have to buy every week". If it's a have to buy every week, I'm going to be disappointed. It's hard enough to get legendary crew as it is, with out adding yet another paywall.

If my understanding is correct, the premium track is unlocked level by level as you progress, so to speak. For example, say you spend enough to unlock tier 12, as you progress through the top portion and unlock additional levels on the free track, you will also unlock the corresponding premium level up to and including level 12.

It also works in reverse. Say you have already progressed on the free track up to level 16 and then you purchase up to the level 12 level, you will get all the rewards on the premium track from levels 1 to 12.

At least that is how I understand it to work.
  • I think the new feature is great.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    My only question is, is the premium track a one off purchase or is it a "have to buy every week". If it's a have to buy every week, I'm going to be disappointed. It's hard enough to get legendary crew as it is, with out adding yet another paywall.

If my understanding is correct, the premium track is unlocked level by level as you progress, so to speak. For example, say you spend enough to unlock tier 12, as you progress through the top portion and unlock additional levels on the free track, you will also unlock the corresponding premium level up to and including level 12.

It also works in reverse. Say you have already progressed on the free track up to level 16 and then you purchase up to the level 12 level, you will get all the rewards on the premium track from levels 1 to 12.

My understanding was it is a 1 time purchase that unlocks the rewards for the entire campaign.

They've even confirmed that it you unlock it mid campaign, you get all the previous rewards you've already completed.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »

My understanding was it is a 1 time purchase that unlocks the rewards for the entire campaign.

They've even confirmed that it you unlock it mid campaign, you get all the previous rewards you've already completed.

That does make more sense. In my defense, I've slept 8 hours since Thursday afternoon :p
  • I like it so far. I like to run my game as efficiently as I can (setting timers for voyagers, shuttles, gauntlet, etc) and I always do my dailies. I'm a new player (highest card is Kol of Kor 4/5) and wouldn't mind paying for this if it were a monthly cost, much like the monthly DIL. The biggest determining factor is the cost. With games like this, I don't mind spending money as it is consistent and part of an overall plan (no splurging out of desperation or impulse)
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it should be the same as a monthly card cost. Random 1/5* (not a new one, I need to fuse up my legendaries) - I’ll spend £4 a month and work making sure to login and hit targets every day. If it’s a legendary I don’t want I’ll probably skip the month.

DB - any news on when campaigns start properly, or updates on cost/reward structures/duration?
  • Could tier 20 be aimed at individuals crew needs rather than everyone getting same crew. Thanks
  • ZenBotZenBot ✭✭✭
    IMHO, much of the feedback will be based on what level players are and how they currently play the game.

I hit all the dailies everyday so I like the added rewards for doing them.

I still have many 4* crew to acquire and/or finish and an even greater number of 5* crew I don't have, so the Campaign addition is a benefit to me.

That said, I can understand how higher level players with nearly all the crew acquired and finished and/or don’t do the daily tasks aren’t as keen on the idea.

My preference for the top rewards would be 4* & 5* citations. But, a mix of crew and citations would be acceptable to me.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s some feedback. Idk if this has been mentioned or not yet, but I’m at work and don’t have time to sift through 12 pages of comments. I’ve realized that my vip 14 account will claim the last tiers considerably faster than my vip 1 account. I think it would be nice if there were tiers beyond the current last 2 for the top vip players to collect. Nothing game breaking, just something to keep everyone hitting all their dailies.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Well, it was too good to be true. This game rewarding players for actually playing the game instead to buy their way to the finish line? Preposterous, I say.

And you get exactly that with the first tier. And in this beta trial even Durango Troi. Still a great card. Concerning bases only slighty topped by the recent High Roller Sisko. Let´s not forget the 4/5 legendaries from the megas for just a little playtime. And the countless other cards and goodies DB gives out for free all the time.

If one thing is preposterous it is the fact that non paying players like you expect to have anything and everything for free. I know you don´t care overly about that, but if DB would do that this game would be dead already...

Spare me. Games like Warframe and League of Legends have literally 0 paywalls, their IPs were created from 0 and yet they make tons of money. Is all about business model and competence.

DB give us nothing. Is always an exchange.

Then go play those games and leave us be to play this one. If you can’t hang with the big dogs don’t try to be in the pack

Butt hurt much? BIG DOGS! HA! This is supposed to be funny? Or threatening?

Instead to be this juvenile learn to deal with criticism to something you like. Pfff[/

I’m not sorry that you can only get bleacher seats while others are right behind home plate.
  • To me it doesn't matter the length of the campaign. As a seasoned player, multiple times VIP 14 over, none of the stuff I've seen in the beta are worth paying except for the legendary crew. However, if DB picks the card, it's going to be a rare time I pay for it. The crew I don't have stars are on by choice. I'm not going to pay to waste a slot on Grilka, I don't have her for a reason.

Now, if DB gave us the choice of a citation at the end of the campaign, now we're talking.
  • @[KM] WOLF 359 - their objective is to make it harder for you to get what you want, so you bribe your way into it. By the way this is designed now it will drop the game's steam rating even more.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed one small bug so far, and that was when I completed a daily task (in this instance the voyage dilemma) it neither registered as a daily reward or a campaign reward, and it was after daily restart. Wasn't a big issue because I did another dilemma 2hrs later and it worked fine, it happened Sunday morning GMT about an hour after daily reset if this helps. Not sure if it's both or just the daily reward that is the issue.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SunshineRiker

Minor bug. I have collected the final reward, but it says I am on tier 19 with 200/200 Accolades needed to reach Tier 20

tga2qdo98hv3.jpg
    edited March 2019
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but, I'm on the last tier and once my dailies are done i will be tantalisingly close on 175/200 - yeah making me feel like a nicotine deprived junkie, but if say I want to bite the bullet and end the campaign early thus enjoying the reward sooner this would happen.

9sqb3vh1u4cn.jpg
    ngx44g84uaov.jpg

What happens to the remaining purchased accolades do they carry over to the next campaign?
    Couldn't or shouldn't the dilithium purchase be pro-rata of the ammount you actually need?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just won a crate reward. I got a 5 star Kirk's communicator. The 5 start item is wonderful. However, all of my Kirks are immortalized. How many Kirks need a 5 star communicator? Is this a useless item to me?
  • Perhaps work the premier track rewards as part of the monthly? Pay a little extra for the monthly and unlock the premier track? *shrug*

edited March 2019
    I just won a crate reward. I got a 5 star Kirk's communicator. The 5 start item is wonderful. However, all of my Kirks are immortalized. How many Kirks need a 5 star communicator? Is this a useless item to me?

A quick look on the wiki and it's useful for the following crew
    Admiral Kirk (L.93)
    Command Wrap Kirk (L.99)
    Mirror Kirk (L.99)
    Nexus Kirk (L.90)
    Wrathful Khan (L.80)

I didn't see it on survivalist Kirk (he has a metron communicator instead) - I'd keep it till Tuesday offers to see if a Kirk deal comes up if not use it for rep fuel.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

A quick look on the wiki and it's useful for the following crew
    Admiral Kirk (L.93)
    Command Wrap Kirk (L.99)
    Mirror Kirk (L.99)
    Nexus Kirk (L.90)
    Wrathful Khan (L.80)

I didn't see it on survivalist Kirk (he has a metron communicator instead) - I'd keep it till Tuesday offers to see if a Kirk deal comes up if not use it for rep fuel.

Something like this I don't mind keeping because it could be useful for a crew in the future. It's the super specific items that only one crew use that I replicate.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My final input for this Forum, I guess.

Some of the suggested price points might be a little high. Or something is......

You want engagement by more players? You don't price out the majority of the players.

I would suggest two Tiers of Monthly Cards:

Tier One = The current Card. 100 Dilithium a day for 30 days
    Tier Two = 100 Dilithium a day plus the Campaign for a month

Tier One remains $3.99
    Tier Two would be $7.99 - $9.99

Also, the amount of Chronies in the paid Tier needs to be 250 instead of 25. 25 is way too low. Especially in a cashy money Tier!!!

The bashing in this thread is exactly why this is my last post in this Forum. Some of you really disappointed me the last couple of pages.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could tier 20 be aimed at individuals crew needs rather than everyone getting same crew. Thanks

A better option would be offering Citations since you likely have a pile of 5* crew you don't really care about getting extra stars on.