Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Reconstruction - 06/13 - ME part 2

Comments

• PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Read every post up to this point, and I guess it falls on me to publicly acknowledge the lead story here, which has been buried under a decent lather of unfocused and mild paroxysms (and in fairness a seemingly equal number of positive replies :) )...

...we are getting a 5* "Fighter". I'll let that sink in for a few seconds...

...so zoom out a tiny bit from this skirmish event and think big picture for a moment, we are getting a "Fighter" ship, which at level 10 will have 2,500 antimatter, which will FINALLY make hitting 2,650 antimatter possible on days the "Fighter" ship trait comes up.

So there you have it folks, I have found the silver lining! (Well, A silver lining, as if the very existence of a 4 day skirmish event, the long-awaited creation of Desperate Riker, AND the potential for a really cool new Annorax and the accompanying artwork aren't silver lining enough that is)

My 5* Ni'Var and my Orion Syndicate Interceptor both have the "Fighter" trait.

But neither has the "Embiggened" trait!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree on the crew. But...

The Orion Syndicate Interceptor (OSI) and Ni'var are also Fighters. Some of us got the OSI up to level 8 or higher last month when it was the Arena reward for Admiral division. Which is cheaper than the packs necessary to get the new Federation Fighter to that level.

I'm not mad at DB's choice. But I do think it could have been done better. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough :)

Really I was just trying to stop the tide of negativity that has buried the forums for two days by getting people to take a breath and realize we really are doing OK :)
    Indeed. I was particularly entertained by the post that Beloved Annorax may not be Red Foreman, but possibly his wife. I love when the community sees things that may or may not happen, but could easily inspire a future card if it doesn't happen this time.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read every post up to this point, and I guess it falls on me to publicly acknowledge the lead story here, which has been buried under a decent lather of unfocused and mild paroxysms (and in fairness a seemingly equal number of positive replies :) )...

...so zoom out a tiny bit from this skirmish event and think big picture for a moment, we are getting a "Fighter" ship, which at level 10 will have 2,500 antimatter, which will FINALLY make hitting 2,650 antimatter possible on days the "Fighter" ship trait comes up.

So there you have it folks, I have found the silver lining! (Well, A silver lining, as if the very existence of a 4 day skirmish event, the long-awaited creation of Desperate Riker, AND the potential for a really cool new Annorax and the accompanying artwork aren't silver lining enough that is)

The Ni'Var is a 5* Fighter. As are the Orion Syndicate Interceptor, Enterprise E, Assimilated Voyager, and Xindi-Insectoid Patrol Ship.

I really hope the Federation Fighter is tiny. It would be hilarious seeing a tiny ship going against Borg Cubes and the other ships in Ship Battles and Arena.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A second Annorax!? Awesome. Now if we can just get the Krenim Timeship we’ll be good.

I’m thankful for no Krenim ship since that means no “Krenim” trait coming up in voyages with the only ship having the trait being from an event and not in the portal.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    A second Annorax!? Awesome. Now if we can just get the Krenim Timeship we’ll be good.

I’m thankful for no Krenim ship since that means no “Krenim” trait coming up in voyages with the only ship having the trait being from an event and not in the portal.

But if they did the Time Ship trait, maybe we would get Braxton's time ship eventually. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Re: Federation Fighter
    It refers to the ships that are seen in the battle between the Enterprise/Discovery and Control.

0o3mka5o21rg.gif

Did you use Frinkiac to make this?

Yes sir
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about new 5* ships. I'll never get them to max, and they keep coming. They'll just sit there. I have managed to get a few of these new ships to the point of slightly useful and a few others high enough that they hit 2500 with a bonus. I don't even have the K'Tong to max after more than a year and a half. I did max the regular ships from Dabo but the pool.is so diluted that there is no way to max these ships. Frankly, there is no reason to max them, anyway, considering the cost needed. I get 100 schematics a day on the arena which brings many ships to the almost useful level, but really, what's the point?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about new 5* ships. I'll never get them to max, and they keep coming. They'll just sit there. I have managed to get a few of these new ships to the point of slightly useful and a few others high enough that they hit 2500 with a bonus. I don't even have the K'Tong to max after more than a year and a half. I did max the regular ships from Dabo but the pool.is so diluted that there is no way to max these ships. Frankly, there is no reason to max them, anyway, considering the cost needed. I get 100 schematics a day on the arena which brings many ships to the almost useful level, but really, what's the point?

That extra 150 AM when matching voyage traits is pretty nice. Beyond that? Personal preference is probably about it, as any 5* ship at level 10 is more than enough to finish all the ship battle missions and be successful in Skirmish events.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there so little discussion about desperate Riker being 4*?? Really we're talking about ships now more than crew cards? Now I hope I was wrong and it's not him from Parallels (though that's literally what comes up first when I google desperate Riker). Damnit that's probably my favorite Riker moment of the series!

i've been wondering since the announcement yesterday...

...do we think Shelby was on that version of the Enterprise-D?

also, cmon DB can we get Shelby in the game???
    I do hate to rain on your positivity parade, which the entire forum lacks from time to time.

It's all good man, I respect you a lot. Plus, I live in the rainiest place on Earth, so a few more drops won't bug me :)

In my defense, I've only slept like 6 hours in the last two days, it really is a miracle I've made so few mistakes ;)
  • Why is there so little discussion about desperate Riker being 4*?? Really we're talking about ships now more than crew cards? Now I hope I was wrong and it's not him from Parallels (though that's literally what comes up first when I google desperate Riker). Damnit that's probably my favorite Riker moment of the series!

I definitely wish Annorax and Riker were switched with their legendary and super rare statuses.
  • Yateball wrote: »
    It refers to the ships that are seen in the battle between the Enterprise/Discovery and Control.

0o3mka5o21rg.gif

Yes sir

What did you use to stitch the gif together? As far as I know frinkiac doesn’t let you switch between text boxes in a gif.
  • Just to echo many sentiments put simply.... another 5* annorax?????? Why?a character from a 2 part ep deserves 2, 5* cards???
    Obviously no 5* krenim timeship??? This must be in error. Are you sure there will be no corrections???
    edited June 2019
    Just to echo many sentiments put simply.... another 5* annorax?????? Why?a character from a 2 part ep deserves 2, 5* cards???
    Obviously no 5* krenim timeship??? This must be in error. Are you sure there will be no corrections???

I'm struggling to find an image of the Krenim Weapon Ship and other starships in the same shot, but here is the Krenim Weapon Ship by itself with a planet for scale.

xavxcfibldm8.jpg

Just my point zero two dollars' worth, but the Krenim Weapon Ship is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than a standard ship, and doesn't make sense for inclusion as a collectible ship.

Regarding Annorax, I realize he was only in two episodes, but those episodes were centered around the YEAR of Hell; he tormented the delta quadrant for centuries and was a problem for Janeway and Co. for an entire year. I don't think it is too much or inappropriate for him to have two 5* cards. In an event themed around the Year of Hell, IMO it would almost be more egregious to NOT have Annorax play a prominent role.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to echo many sentiments put simply.... another 5* annorax?????? Why?a character from a 2 part ep deserves 2, 5* cards???

I'm struggling to find an image of the Krenim Weapon Ship and other starships in the same shot, but here is the Krenim Weapon Ship by itself with a planet for scale.

xavxcfibldm8.jpg

Just my point zero two dollars' worth, but the Krenim Weapon Ship is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than a standard ship, and doesn't make sense for inclusion as a collectible ship.

Regarding Annorax, I realize he was only in two episodes, but those episodes were centered around the YEAR of Hell; he tormented the delta quadrant for centuries and was a problem for Janeway and Co. for an entire year. I don't think it is too much or inappropriate for him to have two 5* cards. In an event themed around the Year of Hell, IMO it would almost be more egregious to NOT have Annorax play a prominent role.

Is the Time Ship really that much bigger than a Borg Cube though? I'm not sure relativity is the biggest issue here. Although, I suppose that applies to the fighter as well.
    robownage wrote: »

xavxcfibldm8.jpg

Is the Time Ship really that much bigger than a Borg Cube though? I'm not sure relativity is the biggest issue here. Although, I suppose that applies to the fighter as well.

You have a good point, and from what I've been able to dig up, Cubes do seem bigger. Allow me then to pivot and change my argument; Borg Cubes are large, but built for combat/conquest, it is a military vessel. The Krenim Weapon Ship was slow and not designed for ship-to-ship combat, it was more of a manned tool than a skirmish ship.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

xavxcfibldm8.jpg

You have a good point, and from what I've been able to dig up, Cubes do seem bigger. Allow me then to pivot and change my argument; Borg Cubes are large, but built for combat/conquest, it is a military vessel. The Krenim Weapon Ship was slow and not designed for ship-to-ship combat, it was more of a manned tool than a skirmish ship.

And somewhere in the episode, it was mentioned that it was originally a science vessel.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    I think the scale of Enterprise to Federation Fighter is larger than Voyager to Krenim time ship. It might be a bit bigger than a Klingon Cleave Ship. And I want ALL the ships. So I will argue that scale doesn't matter. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • ByloBand wrote: »

Assimilated Voyager, Enterprise E, Orion Syndicate, N’ivar, and the Xindi Insectoid ship are all 5 star Fighters.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

The Borg Cube is probably as big as the Sarcophagus ship, which is significantly bigger in game than the other ships. The Krenim Temporal Weapon ship is about twice to three times bigger than Voyager (see the ramming shot below), so probably smaller than both the Cube and Sarcophagus ships.

abgxp9ynedzt.jpg
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • I was hoping the Prometheus was the " Federation Fighter". Oh well.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    fi69fravgq48.jpeg

Anyone noticed if someone has maxed Neelix yet?
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

0o3mka5o21rg.gif

Yes sir

What did you use to stitch the gif together? As far as I know frinkiac doesn’t let you switch between text boxes in a gif.

Yah you can always make a gif with whatever screens you want and then hit the add meme button and alter the text how you want
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope Desperate Riker is the one from Parallels.

rcgn0bsext0a.png
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we seen the Fighter yet? Is it an entire swarm of them? That might be cool to see in battles.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best I could do with 720p.

bsonnj5rg8i0.jpg
    0nlgxo8e1mfe.jpg
    61tgrjqg37wb.jpg
    bq1daqmax00f.jpg
    psyyvirn4kzu.jpg
    ocd96ocmzgz6.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Have we seen the Fighter yet? Is it an entire swarm of them? That might be cool to see in battles.

That would be cool. But, a single little dot killing a Borg Cube would be epic to watch, too.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."