Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Reconstruction - 06/13 - ME part 2

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Reconstruction
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Tactical Officer Neelix 5* (New), Desperate Riker 4* (New), and Tactical Michael Burnham 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 06/13 until Monday 06/17 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Beloved Annorax (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 06/20.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Determined Janeway 5* (Existing)

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew and Determined Janeway
• medium bonus: variants of Neelix, W. Riker, Burnham, and crew with the survivalist trait
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
• Borg Sphere 2* (Existing)
• Hirogen Warship 4* (Existing)
• Federation Fighter 5* (NEW)

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see Annorax make it into the Mega somehow!
  • FEDERATION FIGHTER?! But... Krenim Timeship was SO obvious a perfect choice!

Also, so now we'll have 2 5* Annoraxes? Lame.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s one of the little ships Sisko used to try to anger the Cardassians in the episode “Sacrifice of Angels”.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda wish ranked 5* were the existing Annorax, but whatever, I hope he's good.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...What the hell is a Federation Fighter?

Probably those things that the Borg cube blew up with one shot in Best of Both Worlds.

Or the ones used against the Dominion. Will be interesting to see.
  • Don't suppose there's a chance the original Annorax can get the "Survivalist" trait. I'm shocked he's not getting bonuses this month, and he's definitely a survivalist...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    We are sure getting a lot of "tactical" people. Maybe they could help with better choosing of campaign crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    It’s one of the little ships Sisko used to try to anger the Cardassians in the episode “Sacrifice of Angels”.

Aren’t they just the same as the Maquis Raiders?

Never rank that well in a Skirmish so it’ll be Desperate Riker and out for me!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    kinda stunned we aren't getting the Krenim ship in the skirmish. Not a big deal, just surprised
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    Navarch wrote: »

Aren’t they just the same as the Maquis Raiders?

Never rank that well in a Skirmish so it’ll be Desperate Riker and out for me!

Memory Alpha has a few different relevant pages:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Federation_attack_fighter

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Maquis_fighter

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Maquis_raider

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Peregrine_class

We’re probably getting that first one. There are subtle differences between it and the Maquis ships, with the Raider being somewhat larger solely on account of crew complement.

I’ll be honest, I am surprised that DB is going with such a small ship...I was under the impression that very large or very small ships weren’t really being considered for inclusion due to scale issues.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Raider looks suspiciously like something from the original Battlestar Galactica. Or Buck Rogers from the 80s.

Look closely, they are in there somewhere...

paqsipflwtes.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Augmented BadgerAugmented Badger ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    post deleted
  • Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    yay - just got tactical burnham from a voyage
    doh! it's skirmish
  • edited June 2019
    I assume the Annorax is going to be when he is re-united with his wife, it’s the only scene they can really do and the name “Beloved” helps make it clear as well.
    0g8jpdr894c3.jpeg

I think it’s more possible that it’s him with his calculations at the end but this was the only pic I could find.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Disappointing to get another 5* Annorax. Love the character, but I have the other version which is great, but I think "Beloved" Annorax, which he is for only a minute at the end, doesn't justify a 5* rating.

As for the fighters, I kind of assumed the Disco version as well, since that is more recent, but I couldn't find any pics.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genuinely looking forward to that Riker, but I agree with most sentiments here...that version of ol' Raxy just screamed four-star card. Oh well. Never much cared for Skirmishes anyways.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well, that is a surprise move for 5* Ship.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, those things that were somewhere between an escape pod and a shuttlecraft? Did not see that coming. Ever. Certainly not as a 5*, or before the Delta Flyer.

Anyway, Desperate Janeway will get me the full bonus so my Tactical Burnham, and Burnham & Riker variants can stay frozen.
    Don't suppose there's a chance the original Annorax can get the "Survivalist" trait. I'm shocked he's not getting bonuses this month, and he's definitely a survivalist...

I can get behind him getting a month-long bonus, but I would dispute whether he's a Survivalist. He's lived outside the timestream, thereby avoiding any risks or consequences that could threaten his survival. At least he'll be in the Bonus Crew for Week 3 as an Annorax variant, though.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Rarity is always a dice throw with DB, I’m happy to see Annorax again. I am however, hollow and sad to not get the Krenim Timeship. That is a prime example of counting unhatched chickens when I celebrated its likely arrival 2 months ago. I would have justified a 100$ event pack for Neelix and the Timeship :(

They probably did not want to be TOO voyager-centric so it makes sense to include other series. So far the crew additions have been unusually focused on YoH, which I appreciate.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Re: Federation Fighter
    It refers to the ships that are seen in the battle between the Enterprise/Discovery and Control.

This is among the worst things DB has ever done. You DO realize the Peregrine class fighter has existed since TNG, and was used heavily in DS9, so when you say Federation Fighter...

Ugh.

Those stupid, Star Wars looking CGI headaches from the Disco Season 2 finale? Next you'll tell me they're introducing a 5* card based on those AWFUL little "R2 droids" that go out to fix the Enterprise's hull during the battle.

We're in the midst of reliving Picardgate, but somehow their odd choice of ship for a Skirmish event is worse? It certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but breatheeeee.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It refers to the ships that are seen in the battle between the Enterprise/Discovery and Control.

That’s almost more confusing...will it be one of the experimental “tactical flyers” (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tactical_flyer) or one of the souped-up shuttles or landing pods?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s almost more confusing...will it be one of the experimental “tactical flyers” (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tactical_flyer) or one of the souped-up shuttles or landing pods?

Hopefully Choice A or Choice B. Those lander Pods were not even my third favorite of the three.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are doing a good job with mega event crew. I am with those who would have preferred the Time Ship. I'm not mad at the Federation Fighter, but it would be better received during the next Discovery mega event.

I'm hoping for a $10 deal on old Annorax when that event runs so I can get them both.

No Jett Reno yet. The wait is interminable. :)
    Farewell 🖖