Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Today, as I was shirking other adult responsibilities, I logged into one of my approximately 957 game accounts and was pleasantly surprised to find a free Survivalist Kirk awaiting me. He's a good card. Good arena, rare skill mix for a Kirk, and solid in gauntlet. So, a true trifecta of usefulness - which is usually not the case at all in DB giveaways. I was excited. I was going to come here and thank you.

But, you just had to be DB about it. See, my other 263 accounts did not have a Survivalist Kirk waiting in the game mail. I don't know why this one account was special. Did it run away and join the Amish when I wasn't looking?

So, what gives. Kirk for some and not for all? Be fair and give everyone the butter they deserve.

5elxsmch7i4d.png
Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!

Comments

• Options
    I got one. But i didn't read the message, because i thought they were my missing arena schematics that disappeared after opening the other 2 mails this morning.

What does the message say?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, didn't get one either. Curious.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a really nice gift! Would loved to receive one myself. Guess I need to quit for a few months first. BBL....
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Okay, so say you have been a loyal Sprint customer for years.

Who do think gets the better rate the person who is a Loyal Sprint for 10 years OR someone who has been with Sprint, then switched to Cricket and then switched to ATT the last 3 years and switches to back to Sprint?

• Options
    I didn't quit, or stop playing for longer than a day in the last 2 years. So if that is the reason, i shouldn't have one
  • Options
    I didn't quit, or stop playing for longer than a day in the last 2 years. So if that is the reason, i shouldn't have one

Yeah, that's what is curious. I haven't either. So, seems like DB is at it again.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options

Yeah, that's what is curious. I haven't either. So, seems like DB is at it again.

That was my first thought. Which is kinda sad if you think about it.

• Options
    Could be a free gift, with the wrong text, in a slow roll out.

If not, than i don't know.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love me some butter, but my new lifestyle coach wouldn't approve. He's already displeased that I haven't gotten enough of my friends to join in the lifestyle and buy his essential oils.

Much like Silver, I also have 437 accounts. Today, I elected to shirk some of my own adult responsibilities and check on half of them. None of those 675 received Survivalist Kirk.

Alas, I am not currently able to check on the other half, as the passwords for those 264 accounts are not saved on my phone.

At least my new lifestyle coach will be glad I abstained. Oh, and he has a book, you guys should read it!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 of my fleet mates just found a Kirk in his mail as well, and he was logged in all day and probably hasn t missed a day the past couple months....
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I did not get a free Survivalist Kirk. Others in my fleet did. I trust that DB will remedy this soon. They are a good company that usually fixes errors like this quickly.

Best,
    Jordan
  • Options
    I love me some butter, but my new lifestyle coach wouldn't approve. He's already displeased that I haven't gotten enough of my friends to join in the lifestyle and buy his essential oils.

Much like Silver, I also have 437 accounts. Today, I elected to shirk some of my own adult responsibilities and check on half of them. None of those 675 received Survivalist Kirk.

Alas, I am not currently able to check on the other half, as the passwords for those 264 accounts are not saved on my phone.

At least my new lifestyle coach will be glad I abstained. Oh, and he has a book, you guys should read it!

Shame on you for shaming butter! Butter shamer!
  • Options
    Wow, that got censored. It's from the show. A 90's show. With 90's censorship rules.

Urghh
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Kirk for me. By the message, it sounds like the intention was to toss one to whoever hasn’t logged in for a certain time period.
  • Options
    I did not get this message nor any Kirk in my inbox.
  • Options
    JJInkstJJInkst
    edited July 2019
    I have talked to people who log in everyday and they got it. My guess is the key is one of the following:
    1. What platform you use
    2. Do you regularly spend for the account.

My guess is number 2 (meaning if you have not made a purchase in a while you got it)
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. It's the Pinafore Data lottery part 2. How can DB just keep making the same mistakes over and over and never learn from them? Unreal.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    JJInkst wrote: »
    I have talked to people who log in everyday and they got it. My guess is the key is one of the following:
    1. What platform you use

My guess is number 2.

I spent my first 10 euro's this year on the Sisko premium tier last week. And the big spender in my fleet didn't get one

Oh and android. Also IOS and windows app on occasion
  • Options
    Awesome. It's the Pinafore Data lottery part 2. How can DB just keep making the same mistakes over and over and never learn from them? Unreal.

What happened there? I missed that
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it!!!!11!1!!1
  • Options
    IIRC, in the microtransaction world, the psychology of the free gift is to make the receiver feel a sense of obligation and potentially spend more. If you didn't get one, DB must have thought you weren't susceptible to Jedi mind tricks ☺
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I hope it’s not like the Pinafore lottery. That was miserable. They gave a strong crew member to some players accidentally, apparently at random, but would not give anything to other players in compensation.

I badly want the 2 copies of Survivalist Kirk that my friends got, and I’ll be sad if it goes the way of HMS Pinafore Data.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. What platform you use

My guess is number 2 (meaning if you have not made a purchase in a while you got it)

It might also consider if you've started episode 10 given the reference to that in the message
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    1. What platform you use

It might also consider if you've started episode 10 given the reference to that in the message

Started, played and finished that one on day of release.
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    1. What platform you use

I did not get one on either of mine. One is daily use, the other is intermittent play VIP0. The VIP0 has not started Episode 10. Smells like random snafu to me.