Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocpile wrote: »

This just gets butter and butter.

Fixed

Ha! That was SO obvious! How did I miss it?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I have seen this and will let the team know.

I can't wait to see how much worse things get from here. If history has taught us anything, things are about to get REALLY ugly now.
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    A bunch of people in my fleet got one, and many others did not.

Watch them send out another copy to everyone, so we can complain some people got 2 of them.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

What is being done once the team knows? Give to everyone else? Remove from people who got it? Allow the lucky ones to stay lucky while providing nothing to everyone else?
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »

Watch them send out another copy to everyone, so we can complain some people got 2 of them.

Some people already got two of them🤣
  • Options
    Why did they send of the free Kirk anyway? Was it Happy Metrones Day?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

What is being done once the team knows? Give to everyone else? Remove from people who got it? Allow the lucky ones to stay lucky while providing nothing to everyone else?

I have no update and I doubt I will have one today or this weekend.
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »

Some people already got two of them🤣

Cool, we can complain that some people got three!!
  • Options
    In the spirit of Trek camaraderie, those who got a free Kirk should simply delete it.
    Its an easy and fair solution
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I will definitely keep things civil, but I would just be really disappointed and really reconsider buying a monthly card or campaign next month.
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I’m picturing this weekend is going to be 100,000 flaming paper bags of, erm, something, picked up into a class 5 tornado and Monday morning Shan has to put her boots on and start shoveling up the aftermath.

I think its very important to remind everyone that regardless of whether we got a Kirk or 2 or none, Shan and/CS doesn’t deserve to be anyones punching bag. Let’s show some Trek spirit and keep it civil.

I don't think anyone here is gonna blame Shan. We all know better. But we also know DB's track record with blunders like this and we know it's gonna get worse. Just like Shan already knows Monday is gonna **tsk tsk**.
  • Options
    Maybe im more patient than some, but isn't this normal when they mail out stuff? they stagger it or do it in waves? Im sure eventually everyone will get one.

Granted the message is a little odd, seeing as I never left, but appreciate the welcome back lol
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I’m picturing this weekend is going to be 100,000 flaming paper bags of, erm, something, picked up into a class 5 tornado and Monday morning Shan has to put her boots on and start shoveling up the aftermath.

I think its very important to remind everyone that regardless of whether we got a Kirk or 2 or none, Shan and/CS doesn’t deserve to be anyones punching bag. Let’s show some Trek spirit and keep it civil.

I don't think anyone here is gonna blame Shan. We all know better. But we also know DB's track record with blunders like this and we know it's gonna get worse. Just like Shan already knows Monday is gonna **tsk tsk**.

DB's blunders are part of the charm of the game. As is all the hellstorm about unfairness these blunders make
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, it looks like it was supposed to be for people who hadn't logged in for a while but their system made many errors.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    V. wrote: »
    Nah, it looks like it was supposed to be for people who hadn't logged in for a while but their system made many errors.

So by that logic, if you stop playing the game entirely......Locutus should show up in your mailbox. Only....since you dont play the game, you would never know he's there.

Meanwhile, the daily player is slighted?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

So by that logic, if you stop playing the game entirely......Locutus should show up in your mailbox. Only....since you dont play the game, you would never know he's there.

Meanwhile, the daily player is slighted?

A lot of games do this. STO was doing it a lot for a while despite its lack of popularity amongst active players. I'm not supporting the idea. It's just something companies do to try to get people back in the game. Obviously this one went out to too many people.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    This reeks of HMS Pentafore Data....... they just started getting my money again with campaigns, and now this happens.
  • Options
    I will definitely keep things civil, but I would just be really disappointed and really reconsider buying a monthly card or campaign next month.

Same here. I was about to renew my monthly card (it just expired) and purchase the current Sisko premium campaign. Now I will think twice about it.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My inbox is Kirk-free.

I’ll gladly take one (or two).
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I got him and I'm not complaining.

But I have been an active daily player for the past 2+ years. VIP level 14 with mild spending. Not sure how I can be 'welcomed back'.
  • Options
    mejoyh wrote: »
    I got him and I'm not complaining.

But I have been an active daily player for the past 2+ years. VIP level 14 with mild spending. Not sure how I can be 'welcomed back'.

The most active, biggest spender in our fleet got one as well. To my knowledge none of the rest of us did.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Got one on my main account that has been played every day since February 15th, 2016.

Nothing on my F2P account that's maybe around 6-7 months old.
  • Options
    Daily player, finished episode ten last weekend, got a butter Kirk, didn’t buy him when offered. Can’t believe I have to add this but: I didn’t get a second copy.
  • Options
    Both my main and alt are butter-free. I don't know if anyone in my fleet has gotten one.

2d7jlgn1izko.jpg
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an f2p account that I only log onto about every 4-6 weeks. Just tried it, no Kirk here either.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe im more patient than some, but isn't this normal when they mail out stuff? they stagger it or do it in waves? Im sure eventually everyone will get one.

Granted the message is a little odd, seeing as I never left, but appreciate the welcome back lol

I've seen stuff happen in "waves", but usually within an hour, everyone has the mail. It's been longer than that and I still don't have Kirk. ... But I found this pitchfork. >:)

Sigh. This kind of a screw up just shouldn't happen.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

I've seen stuff happen in "waves", but usually within an hour, everyone has the mail. It's been longer than that and I still don't have Kirk. ... But I found this pitchfork. >:)

And yet, here we are... again.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

But then we wouldn't have "remember Smudge." I'm actually all about these things when they're honest mistakes and DB makes it mostly fair.
    Farewell 🖖