Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarine!

I have nothing useful or relevant to say. I was just feeling left out.

Thank you for the Kirk though.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience and all the buttered buns puns :)

Here is the update:

On Friday, we sent one copy of Survivalist Kirk to a segment of inactive players as an incentive for them to return to Star Trek Timelines. That crew was also inadvertently sent to a small number of players who are in fact currently active in the game. While we investigate the processes that led to this error, we will not run any more campaigns of this type.

We regret this incident and as a gesture of good faith we have sent out 1x Survivalist Kirk to the active players who had not received one on Friday.

4th star on him for me... thanks!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience and all the buttered buns puns :)

Here is the update:

On Friday, we sent one copy of Survivalist Kirk to a segment of inactive players as an incentive for them to return to Star Trek Timelines. That crew was also inadvertently sent to a small number of players who are in fact currently active in the game. While we investigate the processes that led to this error, we will not run any more campaigns of this type.

We regret this incident and as a gesture of good faith we have sent out 1x Survivalist Kirk to the active players who had not received one on Friday.

@Shan

Excellent way to handle the situation. As I said yesterday, that kind of response is the kind of response that only makes happy players, it can even drive revenue, at no real cost to the company. Glad this handled perfectly **tsk tsk** possible. {I know some are still gonna be not happy!!!!!!!!!}
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I got a junk mail with crouching churner hidden captain in it.

Thank you!!!!!! I did not get the original inspiration for the butter jokes. Although, I loved the pages of hilarity that ensued!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I'm confused about this.

That it took so long just to come up with this? Yeah me too

I imagine that they had to parse through every single account to see who did and who did not get what. Whether that was manual or automated could make a difference.

As Shan demonstrated last week, they can see a lot info in the game. Look at the Portal Pulls she was able to reference when there was an issue.

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB got us all dancin' like Dawson on this one...

zh7dnp7jhgyv.gif
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 for free the other day. Nothing yesterday (which makes sense).

What about the people that didn't get 1 the first time and only got 1 yesterday?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, survivalist Kirk for the next campaign then?
    I suggested this some pages ago. Think this would finally equal out really everything.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope not, he's 4/5 for me. For everyone else's sake though I wouldn't be overly upset if that happens
  • Options
    I suggested this some pages ago. Think this would finally equal out really everything.

My bad! Thread has spread so much I can't keep up.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

My bad! Thread has spread so much I can't keep up.
    Not bad at all! :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Hope not, he's 4/5 for me. For everyone else's sake though I wouldn't be overly upset if that happens

I’m in the same boat as you. Having a 5/5* plus a 3/5* version wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen, for sure.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Please take note that butter has an expiry date so claim it before it goes rancid:

0mohl968itjc.png

• Options
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Please take note that butter has an expiry date so claim it before it goes rancid:

0mohl968itjc.png

Mine does not have the expiration date.

eealzefjw7d3.jpg
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

0mohl968itjc.png

eealzefjw7d3.jpg

Yours is the good-faith message; the other is the original that led to all the fooferaw. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

0mohl968itjc.png

eealzefjw7d3.jpg

Yah it's the actual welcome back that has expiry, the free butter does not
  • Options

0mohl968itjc.png

eealzefjw7d3.jpg

Yours is the good-faith message; the other is the original that led to all the fooferaw. 🖖🏻
    Yateball wrote: »

0mohl968itjc.png

eealzefjw7d3.jpg

Yah it's the actual welcome back that has expiry, the free butter does not

I'm glad it doesn't expire. the whole reason I have five unclaimed Legendaries, is I am one of those guys who hopes to drive income for the Company. I want to claim them one at a time once I can buy the DYC Offer when it pops......