Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party here and too many pages to read everything... When does the Kirk arrive with my popcorn?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Held my fire on this over the weekend as @Shan implied they needed time to sort it out and folks were not in the office to do so. But it's Monday, almost noon in DB's HQ time zone. Time for some answers.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Held my fire on this over the weekend as @Shan implied they needed time to sort it out and folks were not in the office to do so. But it's Monday, almost noon in DB's HQ time zone. Time for some answers.

I wish people would read the message. it is posted in the OP. Obviously that account had been inactive for some time. The 5* is a "Welcome back", to back into the game. {Lots of games do this.}

5elxsmch7i4d.png
    [/quote]
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    It's Monday morning in my time zone. So much suspense right now. Will I pick up my pitchfork or my butter knife? :)

Depends if you have to go work with hay before you butter your toast, or after.

Hopefully there’s a butter result once DB gets this sorted.

Coffee hasn’t kicked in yet, the jokes aren’t going to get any better.

I would normally break out the popcorn 🍿 right about now, but I seem to be missing a key ingredient. 🖖🏻

Ha!!! Well Kirk must not have been there for you making that key ingredient

It’s definitely not salt. Plenty of that to go around here.

Oh you guys are on fire this morning!!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    robownage wrote: »

I wish people would read the message. it is posted in the OP. Obviously that account had been inactive for some time. The 5* is a "Welcome back", to back into the game. {Lots of games do this.}

5elxsmch7i4d.png

I don't think anyone has problems with the idea behind it. The issue appears to be with WHO has received it, as that doesn't appear to follow the guidelines laid out in the message.

Well, the OP did not post how long each of his/her 957 Accounts had been inactive. I see now that it seems to have happened to others, as well. Just more incompetence? Like the $9.99 Offers that keep giving the first group of people to take them a free 5*?

I just checked my VIP Zero Account. Neither Account got it, but I am pretty active even in that one, so I cannot complain. {Logged in Thursday to do enough Galaxy to get the Community Rewards.}

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

5elxsmch7i4d.png

I don't think anyone has problems with the idea behind it. The issue appears to be with WHO has received it, as that doesn't appear to follow the guidelines laid out in the message.

Well, the OP did not post how long each of his/her 957 Accounts had been inactive. I see now that it seems to have happened to others, as well. Just more incompetence? Like the $9.99 Offers that keep giving the first group of people to take them a free 5*?

There are people in my fleet who are active every day who received it. Plus no one should have gotten two either.

If they had actually executed it correctly and only sent to inactive accounts I don’t think there would have been much said about it.

Thanx. Up to speed. DB messed up again.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭

5elxsmch7i4d.png

There are people in my fleet who are active every day who received it. Plus no one should have gotten two either.

If they had actually executed it correctly and only sent to inactive accounts I don’t think there would have been much said about it.

This is the truth here. However as people have said here, it's been given to ACTIVE players as well. That is the issue.
  • Options
    Only one fair fix, then.

rhqb36jyvqkm.jpg
  • Options
    I've played every single day since game started, I got the Kirk. I saw it on the forums and hadn't noticed it in my email earlier when on I was on my android. Out of curiosity, I opened the game on my Windows app which I hadn't logged onto in a few days, and yes, its same account on both, and low and behold, there was my Kirk.
  • Options

5elxsmch7i4d.png

And i wish, you would have read the entire thread. ;) Is was clearly mentioned by many that they got the Kirk as well, regardless they have been active.
    [/quote]

Yeah. Thanx. I hope everyone else can realize that five is plenty of people to point that out to me. Or ten more can jump in. Whatever.......
  • Options
    For those that never noticed it, before. When you click into a thread that you have not opened before, the OP is isolated above the thread, by itself.

Sorry I did not read seven pages that had happened since I was here Friday. I will do better.

Maybe DB will, as well.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that never noticed it, before. When you click into a thread that you have not opened before, the OP is isolated above the thread, by itself.

Sorry I did not read seven pages that had happened since I was here Friday. I will do better.

Maybe DB will, as well.

Other than a few oddball instances, I exclusively access the forum on my phone. It’s interesting to see how different the mobile versus desktop experiences are, between this pinned post thing and how I have never seen anyone’s signature, ever.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Just letting you know that this has not been forgotten. Things are busy today, once I have an update I will of course share it.

Thanks, @Shan.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    well we can take it as a regular DB RNG, but it **tsk tsk** that way, specialy for low or 0 vips.
    and as its seems , these "accidents" do happen more often than regular rnd would have it :smiley:
    DB,wheres ur test server? and if u set one up, im willing to transfer my alt there,to help u kick out the bugs.
  • Options
    Just letting you know that this has not been forgotten. Things are busy today, once I have an update I will of course share it.

Thanks @Shan
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe DB will, as well.

Other than a few oddball instances, I exclusively access the forum on my phone. It’s interesting to see how different the mobile versus desktop experiences are, between this pinned post thing and how I have never seen anyone’s signature, ever.

There are signatures? I'll have to check my computer.
  • Options
    No matter how DB will solve this issue, there always will be some people complaining about. Sad but true. :/

Well, people on opposing sides of any issue will complain about any outcome.

Personally, I dont understand what is so difficult to resolve about this problem.
    DB is a small enough company where it just takes a few people to say...."We screwed up....here's what we're going to do about it".

You've got enough people who feel treated unfairly that there should be a global solution. Namely, send out the Kirks.

It's the minimum band-aid that is required.

• Options
    Still looking into this, I should have an update tomorrow.

Thanks for the updates @Shan. Truly appreciated.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    No matter how DB will solve this issue, there always will be some people complaining about. Sad but true. :/

Personally, I dont understand what is so difficult to resolve about this problem.
    DB is a small enough company where it just takes a few people to say...."We screwed up....here's what we're going to do about it".

You've got enough people who feel treated unfairly that there should be a global solution. Namely, send out the Kirks.

And how exactly does a free Kirk for everyone rectify the situation for anyone?

Instead of having most people with 0 Kirks and a few with 1 or 2 Kirks, you have most people with 1 kirk and a few with 2 or 3 Kirks. Nothing is being equalized.

And those of us who spent money on Kirk before because of the uniqueness of the skill set and quality of the card in a Tuesday pack or the 9.99 offer later can feel even more annoyed that more people are getting him for free so soon after the card was released.

Hey, i feel your pain. I spent money on the ButterChurn Kirk offer, and I blew 5 packs trying to get him on the Tuesday offer when he first debuted.

I did say "minimum band-aid"; I didnt say "perfect solution".

The perfect solution - and the only really fair solution - is to give everyone the same thing in total.

If you got no butter...then you get 2 Free Kirks.
    If you got 1 stick of Butter.....then you get 1 Free Kirk.
    If you got 2 sticks of butter....No Free Kirks.

Now, will DB invest the labor to do this, who knows?

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't understand what is hard to resolve? This community is good at figuring things out. Finding patterns and whatnot. I don't see a concensus on the issue. Admittedly, we don't have the dev's access to data, but if the problem were easy to solve, we would probably be able to identify the problem already. As it stands, DB at the very least needs to find out who all received I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Kirk. Then they can decide how to fix it. Past experience says that DB has a difficult time tracking in-game mail. I'm not surprised that this is taking time. I'm glad they're taking their time. Lord knows the band aid fails of the past would be just as bad as doing nothing.
    Farewell 🖖