Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So anyone who gets one should probably claim it before it disappears. Would they do that?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe im more patient than some, but isn't this normal when they mail out stuff? they stagger it or do it in waves? Im sure eventually everyone will get one.

Granted the message is a little odd, seeing as I never left, but appreciate the welcome back lol

I've seen stuff happen in "waves", but usually within an hour, everyone has the mail. It's been longer than that and I still don't have Kirk. ... But I found this pitchfork. >:)

Sigh. This kind of a screw up just shouldn't happen.

But then we wouldn't have "remember Smudge." I'm actually all about these things when they're honest mistakes and DB makes it mostly fair.

Unless they can accurately track who got one and who got two, it will be impossible to make it fair. We know some people got two for free. What they should do is send those of us who got none, two, and those of us who only got one and second one. I think it's very unlikely they will be able to do that.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe im more patient than some, but isn't this normal when they mail out stuff? they stagger it or do it in waves? Im sure eventually everyone will get one.

Granted the message is a little odd, seeing as I never left, but appreciate the welcome back lol

I've seen stuff happen in "waves", but usually within an hour, everyone has the mail. It's been longer than that and I still don't have Kirk. ... But I found this pitchfork. >:)

Sigh. This kind of a screw up just shouldn't happen.

But then we wouldn't have "remember Smudge." I'm actually all about these things when they're honest mistakes and DB makes it mostly fair.

Unless they can accurately track who got one and who got two, it will be impossible to make it fair. We know some people got two for free. What they should do is send those of us who got none, two, and those of us who only got one and second one. I think it's very unlikely they will be able to do that.

I'm afraid you're right, but I keep my hopes and dreams next to my pitchfork. I have both in hand, at the moment. o:)>:)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Many games have stuff given to inactive accts. I get stuff in my star wars galaxy of heroes acct when I play once every six months.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Many games have stuff given to inactive accts. I get stuff in my star wars galaxy of heroes acct when I play once every six months.

I'd be ok with that, and it was probably their intention. DB being DB, though, they just sent one or more to random people.
  • Options

Which would be fine if it worked as intended. It clearly did not here.
  • Options
    In the spirit of Trek camaraderie, those who got a free Kirk should simply delete it.
    Its an easy and fair solution

Bahahahahahahahaha.

Nah.
  • Options
    In the spirit of Trek camaraderie, those who got a free Kirk should simply delete it.

Bahahahahahahahaha.

Nah.

Come on.....Picard would do it. He'd hit that delete button faster than you can say "Prime Directive"
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Kirk for me. I've still got one node left to finish in ep 10, and even though Kirk can't clear it, I would like the opportunity to waste 24 chrons using him on it. So pretty please, send me one. Monday is fine, I'll wait!
  • Options
    Usually when/if ? they decide to fix something that was a mistake, they want a ticket sent from those who did not receive the in game mail item. Then they check the acct to see if your request for the item is valid and confirm that you did NOT get it. If you don't send a ticket then forget about it. They cant possibly go through every acct to see who got 0,1, or 2. then it takes 2-4 weeks bcuz suddenly there is a million tickets being sent at once and it bogs down the C/S system.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Bahahahahahahahaha.

Nah.

Come on.....Picard would do it. He'd hit that delete button faster than you can say "Prime Directive"

But then people would complain about the free 550 honor some people got and some didn't.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Without speaking to a course of action for DB, I would like to point out that between Kirk having more variant events than any other character (14), Survivalist Kirk having a dominating lead in two different skills over other variants, strong Skirmish damage without a trigger to limit the types of ships that could utilize him, and two top 15 gauntlet pairs, he might be the single most impactful crew when it comes to the competitive areas of the game.

You can approximate (or better) his gauntlet and arena impact with other crew, but not a 2180 SCI and 766 ENG lead over other variants in a Kirk Faction event (which 79% of his events have been). I hope nobody's blustered out from that really important Annorax...

edit: The March Shore Leave 2 event re-run had 14 SCI shuttle seats by the seashore and only one bonus SCI crew...guess who.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad I already immortalised him don’t suppose we can get a citation out of this.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I can already see the CS ticket storm :D (FYI i will be among the ticketees as well) , there are members in my fleet that are VIP 14 and got it, and play regularly and those that are newer players that eider got one or none at all ....
  • Options
    Did not receive him, but bought his 10$ offer a short while ago (the only of this kind I ever did), and since immortalized him with 200K honor. I see that investment into gaining competitiveness diminishing already. Good for all players who received him now, he is a fantastic crew and you will have lots of fun with him. But if you cannot be certain that a substantial investment of time and real money won’t be made obsolete within a few weeks by a random act of incompetence, then better not to spend on this game at all anymore.

For me personally, if DB’s eventual fix would be to send a copy out to everyone, this would be Picardgate squared.
  • Options
    Dunno - I have him immortal on my main and do not have him on my vip0 account, didn't get one on any of them. Certainly would've been a nice addition to the vip0 with that skill set :smile:
  • Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    I really would like to get a comment from db about that. @Shan
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    Vreenak9 wrote: »
    I really would like to get a comment from db about that. @Shan

After the Weekend probably.
  • Options
    IDK why but reading this thread has my mind keep going back to this guy...
    vuv17gr8eear.png
    Very strange...
    Oh right I should probably state my circumstances. I didn't get one. I finished episode 10 and 3 stared all (yes all) the missions. I also did not buy the $10 survivalist Kirk offer back when it was offered. I also haven't spent a dollar (or 4) on the game since the first premium track was released for purchase. Another DB screw up... What's new?
  • Options
    PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Definitely didn't recive any Kirk(s).
    I understand it was just another folly, but with such a good crew member who has so many uses, it is quite frustrating to be in the didn't get any crowd. Picard/Yar/Data/Annorax/Georgiou-gates didn't bother me too much. This one, however, does. The straw and the camel thing. Not getting my pitchfork out yet, but how DB handles it will determine my future gameplay approach and likewise, spending habits.
  • Options
    This is a Kirk free zone too 🙄
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    Definitely didn't recive any Kirk(s).
    I understand it was just another folly, but with such a good crew member who has so many uses, it is quite frustrating to be in the didn't get any crowd. Picard/Yar/Data/Annorax/Georgiou-gates didn't bother me too much. This one, however, does. The straw and the camel thing. Not getting my pitchfork out yet, but how DB handles it will determine my future gameplay approach and likewise, spending habits.

If it's anything like Pentafore Data, they politely tell you that you are S.O.L. or up blank creek without a paddle. When you try to escalate it to someone higher up, your ticket will magically be filed as complete. Yes, I'm talking from personal experience. That stopped me from buying anything in this game until the campaigns started. Well deowndomg how this goes this may be the last month I spend for a while again.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirror Picard, maybe. :p
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Why not then just give everyone one free 5* citation for this mess up if they cannot tell who received them?

Or a begold, if they want to give everyone a chance at a free legendary, without giving this specific one to too many people (with a citation, the ones who got 2 copies would have him at 3/5* and people would probably complain about that too). And those who bought him a few months ago wouldn't feel cheated of their money and everyone would be happy, more or less.

But my guess is that they won't give us anything :D