Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R@ Jorge wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    We are running into technical difficulties and this impacts many things.
    I will update this thread when I can.

@Shan I’m not an IT expert but have you tried rebooting your PC??

Ha!!
  • Options
    [quote=

I did say "minimum band-aid"; I didnt say "perfect solution".

The perfect solution - and the only really fair solution - is to give everyone the same thing in total.

If you got no butter...then you get 2 Free Kirks.
    If you got 1 stick of Butter.....then you get 1 Free Kirk.
    If you got 2 sticks of butter....No Free Kirks.

Now, will DB invest the labor to do this, who knows?

After 5 days, and all the previous mistakes it really seem this is the only fair solution. Or take back all the free kirks. If u can track them. Unfortunately yes mistakes are made but this card in particular that ppl paid more in di than usual due to skillset or paid $$$ for or both should be compensated with 2/5 to help complete their kirk if they got NONE.

The problem with doing this is that people will have spent credits, chrons, dilithium and citations to level and equip the kirk. DB would then have thousands of tickets due to taking him back

That's exactly what I thought when I read it. Maybe next time, DB will start small with a test. Say... 25 Krayton schematics? If it doesn't work, the outrage factor is like 2, tops. If it works, then send out some Parkay Kirk's.

Thats exactly what i thought when i wrote it to be completely sarcastic, as to that possibility and how that would creat much more uproar and complication of tickets than doing as @Friendly Fire suggested.
  • Options
    I've updated my name in-game to being with #DoButter. Feel free to emulate or suggest a better option.

#DoButter
    I've updated my name in-game to being with #DoButter. Feel free to emulate or suggest a better option.

#DoButter

I’m considering #butteredandbruised
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    For any In Living Color fans, how about #MoBetterButter
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Webberoni wrote: »
    For any In Living Color fans, how about #MoBetterButter

👍Yes!
    I was going to go with.. I cant believe it's not DB buttered.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

#DoButter

AAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! That’s awesome!

• Options
    If you are seriously still stewing over thus, may I suggest a new hobby? It's not worth getting and remaining legitimately upset over something that should be fun. Let this be your last straw, or realize you have more important things to focus your rage on and move on. Do love the puns though.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are seriously still stewing over thus, may I suggest a new hobby? It's not worth getting and remaining legitimately upset over something that should be fun. Let this be your last straw, or realize you have more important things to focus your rage on and move on. Do love the puns though.

Theres room to do all the above. I'm actually not feeling like grabbing the pitch fork on this one, but I think that's only because I've been through this a few times. Or because I'm one of the lucky ones on this particular issue.

I completely understand though some are angry, some are ambivalent and the rest probably blissfully unaware.
  • Options
    The weaving machine has broken down, this has many impacts firstly there will be no rug to sweep things under.

Secondly if it is brought back online it is still unclear how big the rug needs to be.

The knock on effect of this is the requirement to create a rug of infinite size - an infinirug as it is known in the trade.

An infinirug requires inifinithread which can only be acquired from a ferengi trader on ferenginar who is on holiday at the minute.

This is crucial as it presents a further technical challenge as he currently has his cell phone switched off and has not set an email out of office.

It’s probably best if just all forget about it.[/quote]

To quote Kirk during "Court Marshal"
    "So that's the way we do things now, sweep it under the rug and me along with it.. Not on your life! I intend to fight!
  • Options
    WhatMeWorryWhatMeWorry ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    To quote Kirk during "Court Marshal"
    "So that's the way we do things now, sweep it under the rug and me along with it.. Not on your life! I intend to fight!

I think that you should fight....for your right....to paaaaaarty
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    This entire scenario now feels like when the McDonalds employees lie to you and say the ice cream machine is down, except for 5 days.
  • Options
    I honestly don't care much. I didn't get any butter. If I end up on the receiving end of DB making good I will gladly accept. If not, life and portals go on (I've got 70 purple portals saved up for whenever they update it).

I'm just here for the puns. If I get butter for them, so much the better.
  • Options
    I think it's understandable why people people are still churning up to voice their disappointment. For me, there's no lard feelings, but I can certainly feel my patience shortening. For now, I'll stand pat, but once again getting few to no answers on a widespread issue, I can see why the loyal player base is starting to feel margarinalized.

I think we're done here.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I got a response to my help ticket. It is similar to what Shan has stated.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the legitimately upset have said what they wanted to say by now. We’re standing pat now with butter puns and hashtags.

Fantastic. #DBDoButter #StandingPat
  • Options
    I think it's understandable why people people are still churning up to voice their disappointment. For me, there's no lard feelings, but I can certainly feel my patience shortening. For now, I'll stand pat, but once again getting few to no answers on a widespread issue, I can see why the loyal player base is starting to feel margarinalized.

Amazing. I cede the pun floor to you.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »

I think the legitimately upset have said what they wanted to say by now. We’re standing pat now with butter puns and hashtags.

We've got to be careful not to go too far with this. After all, it's a slippery slope...
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Nothing against 'Welcome back' ingame messages, but chronitons for those paused the game would have been the better solution. Something like here are 100 for free and if you leave some money in our store you get additional 1,000 to shorten your fallback a little bit. But a legendary crew? Seriously?

Until this day I spent thousands in DB's store, and right at this moment when I was working hard on grinding together all the needed honor points, this crew was given up to two times for free to non-players. Luckily mine is still at 3 stars, because I waited for the ongoing campaign's end. But these giveaways still hurt.
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »

We've got to be careful not to go too far with this. After all, it's a slippery slope...

How will we know when we've gone too far? Will we simply melt? Ghee, I wonder...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought my puns we pretty slick.
    They're clearly your bread and butter too.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful not to get crumbs in it. Lots of people hate that

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Or the jelly. Don’t double dip.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Or the jelly. Don’t double dip.

I wish I were among the lucky few who double dipped and received two servings. Alas... I have not even a dollop.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Just got a response to my help ticket I opened on friday,

"Greetings Captain!

We have received your ticket and at the moment, our production team is in the process of investigating what happened and what would be the next best course of action.

We ask for your patience as we traverse this rift.

Disruptor Beam"

Expect this to be removed

I got the same response also. Ditto.